Final (Part I)

Give a Reason

A tiring day is about to end, but Eli’s mind is wrapped in other things. He currently hates Soohyun and his ing leadership. It was his only chance for crying out loud. He can’t do it again even if he said he ask Kevin later. He is definitely done by now. He heaved a huge sigh.

 

He was pulled out of his reverie when Soohyun yelled at him while he was spacing out.

 

“Yo!! Eli get your head on the routine.” He yelled startling the younger boy.

 

“Sorry.” Eli mumbled.

 

Soohyun looked at Hoon who saw the sad expression on the younger boy. Hoon shrugged his shoulder in confusion. They both walked up to Eli for an answer.

 

“Are you okay? What happen?” Hoon asked sounding like a mother, as always.

 

“Nothing.. Just tired.” Eli answered in a low voice

 

“Okay. Everybody wrapped up. I think this is enough for tonight.” Soohyun announce.

 

He thought everybody needs a rest, but Hoon had other thoughts. He whispered something on the leader’s ear causing the older boy to smile. Are they plotting on Eli or something? He faced the packing rapper with a grin.

 

“But not you Eli. You’ll stay here to practice since you almost messed up the routine…” Soohyun said and immediately faced the younger singer.

 

“With Kevin to teach you.” He added

 

Eli’s eyes almost popped out of his head. He looked at his leader in a shocked face. He was about to protest but Soohyun shut him up before he even starts.

 

Kevin did the protest himself.

 

“Kiseop hyung can help him with th--” Kevin started but was rudely cut off by Jaeseop.

 

“Nope he can’t. We have a date tonight. Sorry Vinnie.” Jaeseop announced with a grin

 

He definitely knew what Soohyun and Hoon were up to. Unfortunately, Kiseop didn’t know what was going around. Kevin gave a pout on his hyung as they were exiting the room. Is he that hateful for Kevin didn’t want him on the same room? He sighed inwardly. He has no chance now.

 

“Let’s just… let’s just start so you can… so we can get home early.” Eli said in a hushed tone. It seems that Kevin didn’t hear it but he did and nodded in silence.

 

~*~

“AHH!! Finally!” Kevin sighed sliding on the cold floor

 

He wish the coldness would numb his aching body, and heart. After continues hours of dancing plus a late night practice, they would likely collapse in tiredness. Kevin was still lying down when Eli sat beside him, and then they turn to audible silence. They both have something to say but don’t know where to start. Another minute has passed but still no one dare to speak. He was anticipating but scared at the same time.

 

A knot was slowly building at the bottom of Kevin’s stomach and it tightens around when Eli said the words he wanted to hear but was scared to.

 

“Kevin, I’m sorry…” Eli whispered, not looking at the other boy but on the floor

 

It was a whisper but Kevin heard it clearly. Those words shattered the walls he build. The emotion is quickly spilling out of the walls. He didn’t want to cry in front of Eli. So he sat up, his back on Eli’s view. He didn’t want to show his vulnerable side on Eli again.

 

“What are you talking about? Why are you saying sorry?” he asked innocently hiding his shacking voice.

 

Eli knows that his doing his best not to break in front of him. He knew as a strong man. Hiding his emotion is his well-practiced attribute. But Eli needed to say it to stop the pain he himself is suffering.

 

“I’m sorry, for hurting you.” He continued, now looking at Kevin, at Kevin’s back.

 

The latter didn’t move but it is visible for Eli to see that his holding back his tears.

 

“You don’t have to, you just said what you felt… and you felt nothing… so it’s… it’s okay.”

 

Although he was smiling when he faced Eli, his b tears are still visible. Eli felt his own tears invading his vision. It hurts to see Kevin lying in front of him. It stabbed his heart a thousand times. It was his fault, the sole reason why Kevin is preventing even his tears to fall, preventing his heart to speak on its own.

 

“Kevin, I’m sorry….Please…Please don’t cry.” Eli said stuttering.

 

He didn’t even know what to say. He tried to reach out for the latter but Kevin jerked his hands away, with a teary eyes.

 

“Don’t… just don’t” Kevin said and let himself trail off. Then his first tear rolled off his pale face.

 

Kevin is crying now and Eli can’t do anything about it. He can’t even stop his own pain. He was shocked when Kevin jerked his hands away. His was looking at Kevin and his own tears are threatening to spill but he furrows his brows and bit back his tears. He was about to say something when Kevin cut him off.

 

“Eli just… Just don’t reason out anymore.” Kevin said blinking back his tears, hoping it would stop.

 

Words and thoughts left Eli’s mind when Kevin said those words, but he was well aware that the latter already left with his belongings. Eli immediately took off to follow the younger boy. He went out of the room and quickly run to the elevator. There Kevin is waiting for the metal doors to open.

 

If Eli could pay attention on the view outside, he could say it was beautiful and amazing. The night lights of Seoul are given off a beautiful effect by the heavy rain. It is a perfect and romantic view, but right now he can’t appreciate any of it. All he wanted is to hold Kevin and say that he never stopped loving him. But it’s going to be too late.

 

“Kevin!!” He yelled but it didn’t bother to look

 

The metal doors slid open revealing an empty metal case. What a coincidence. Kevin is like this big empty case, nothing on the inside even on the outside. Kevin immediately went inside and pressed the close button but too late, Eli has already inside the metal contraption he is currently into.

 

“Kevin, just listen to me, please!!” Eli begged.