Chapter 6

Give a Reason

A house should be a place to relax and be in peace, right. But Eli can’t seem to find his peace of mind. He can’t point out his distraction, because he didn’t know what it was. He can’t think of anything, anyone---- no there is, Kevin.

 

“Ugh” Eli groaned as he crashed down his couch.

 

He tried to open the TV but it didn’t help at all. It intensified the headache he is slowly having. So he chose to switch the annoying thing off. He heaved a huge sigh and turned his head to the window. It was starting to get dark outside, the clouds huddle like they were having a meeting making a dark background. The rain starts to pour down. He suddenly felt it was pouring in a slow motion manner and savoring the moment of falling down.

 

The water slides down the glass making patterns on window. As the water trace squiggly lines on the glass it traces something on the back on his mind, some like memories. Some are happy and some are sad, but it was all happy. All happy memories with Kevin. The time they had, it was coming back.

 

Something is wrong with what Eli is feeling now. He can’t quietly point a finger to it but he feels something weighing down his heart. He felt like, like crying.

 

“Stupid!” He muttered to himself.

 

Why would he cry to something that was long ago gone?

 

He didn’t want to cry about that now. But his heart and eyes are betraying him. It was just a day since they broke up but he can’t move on. Well that was an understatement. Of course he can’t move on since it was just a day. Kevin is too. The boy didn’t seem to move on yet. Ugh, he wanted to stop thinking for a moment. He stood up and walk to his bedroom. He crashed down on the mattress and closed his eyes. He opened it a moment. The rain is still pouring down outside, in a slow motion manner.

 

~~

Ring. Ring. Rrring

 

His phone rang summoning him from sleep. He rubs his eyes and sat up a moment before he picks it up. He looked at the caller ID. At the back of his mind his expecting someone else except his manager.

 

“ Yeobosaeyo! ” he answered groggily, sleep is still lingering.

 

“Eli, I’m calling you to say that we cancel the groups schedule for tomorrow and the next day so all of us can rest for a while.”

 

“Okay. Thanks hyung. Bye!” He immediately ended the call.

 

You can’t say that he’s not happy because of the canceled schedules; he was happy, really happy. But he can’t smile and he doesn’t know why.

 

He heaved a sigh and flopped down the bed. He closed his eyes and tried to snooze back to Neverland. He breathed in and out calmly. Everything is quiet but the rain is still showering outside although it calmed down a bit. He re-opened his eyes and stared at the clock. He slept for at least an hour.

 

He didn’t move and just keep staring at the wall clock. Watching the second hand move slowly around the clock’s path. He suddenly remembered a thing; by this time Kevin must be calling or texting him, asking if he can come to hangout. He then pick up his phone and check his inbox for a message. None. Not a single text from the boy or from anyone, or the boy.

 

He sighed and got up. He made his way towards the living room to watch something, just to keep his mind from thinking. He flopped down the couch, opens the TV and starts to flipped down all channels. He then stumbled into a drama and decided to just watch it. The background music is nice in the ears for Eli but it was a sad song. The story was about a boy who needs to lie just to save the girls life. And now Eli is watching the part where they broke up and had to face the present remembering the past.

 

It sounds familiar. The character had moved on but stuck on the past memories. Eli knows that if he can’t ever let the feeling go the weird cliché of the story will happen to him. He shook his head. His not a character of a TV series to feel like that.

 

He turns his head in the direction of the window. The rains stops but the dark sky is still lingering. At some point Eli compared his self to the cloud, more specific, compared the clouds to his feelings. At some point it was still lingering and waiting for a moment to pour down.

 

~~~

Kibum decided to give Kevin a ride back home and the younger boy gladly accepted it. He was tired although he did sleep at least an hour. He rolled his luggage down the building to the older boy’s car. After loading the bags he ride at the passenger’s seat and sat there quietly.

 

As the car starts to move he leaned his head at the cold glass beside him. At some point it made him comfortable with the silence around. He looked out and up at the sky. He remembered after his step down the car the rain starts to pour and even inside Kibum’s house he can hear the rain drops, loud and clear. It pour down at the same time his tears rolled down but now it seems the sky is resting for a moment although the dark clouds are still lingering.

 

He sighed inwardly, still looking up at the sky. At any moment it will rain again and Kevin thinks it would rain hard tonight.

 

Kibum noticed the younger boys’ silence and his not used to it, not that he didn’t encounter one of Kevin’s quiet days. He looked at the other boy beside him briefly and back at the roads. He can’t stand seeing Kevin like this. He didn’t let Kevin go just to be broken by Eli. That stupid pigeon boy. He wanted to help his dongsaeng but he didn’t know how. He can think of talking to Eli and then gave him a good advice and maybe a good punch in his face too.

 

They finally arrive at Kevin’s house. He turns the machine off and waited for Kevin to talk. But the other boy didn’t speak, so he decided to speak himself.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay now?” Kibum asked concern.

 

“Yeah! Thanks anyway.” Kevin said and gave the other a small smile.

 

He then got off the car and walking straight to his house with his luggage. He entered and was greeted by his smiling mother. He didn’t want to worry his mom about his problem so he plasters a smile and said to her that he wanted to rest. He entered his room and flopped down his bed. He lay still for a moment until he heard the familiar sound of the rain knocking on his window. As he expected it poured down heavily. He stood up and walk to the window. The night is darker and much sadder than he thinks, but it was still beautiful for him. He sat beside the window and continued to look out. He leaned on the cold glass and once again it made him comfortable. He suddenly thought of something.

 

By this time maybe he was in Eli’s apartment. But he didn’t want to cry about that anymore. It was his past now and he needs to move on. He needs to have time for himself, or for his mom. He had at least two days to plan out something since their manager moved their schedule for the next two days. Maybe he could have a date with his mom or even date girls. He’s single now; he can do whatever he wanted. But most of all he needed to rest from all the happenings. He can have his date with his mom planned out to tomorrow, but now he needs to heal.

 

He closed his eyes and starts to tuck the pain away, for a moment, no forever. He needs to shoo it at the bottom of his heart forever.