Episode 20

Love Makes You Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The feeling of something digging sharply into her side woke Jodi up. Lifting the cover, she gently removing the bony little arm and rolled on to her back. The clock next to her head read 5a.m., and she was sorely tempted to go back to sleep. But when she looked to her left to see all the sleeping bodies by her side, she remembered why sleep had eluded her for so long.

Jiyong.

Looking at his sleeping face, a smile crept across hers. Then she looked at the sleeping kids between them, and tried to decide if she was grateful for JinShil's bad dream, or pissed. As she sat up, she admitted to herself that it was a little of both.

She slid out of the bed as gently as possible so she wouldn't disturb the other occupants. Despite her efforts, JinShil stirred a little. She dropped a kiss to his hair and softly patted his back. He smacked his lips a bit before falling back into slumber. After that, she spent longer in the shower than she usually would have while she played and replayed the actions that occurred in her bed. While she brushed her teeth, she noticed the bruise on her neck where Jiyong had bitten her. It made her smile. With that, she came to the realization that she was not ashamed, nor did she regret what happened between them. She only regretted that they didn't have a chance to finish. Well, he didn't.

Dressed in her robe, she walked back to her bedroom. She glanced at the bed to see that Ebah had taken her spot. It was the cutest thing. All three males were asleep, facing the right. Jodi admired the moment, then made a dash for her camera. She took a few shots of them, wanting to capture the sweet moment forever. When she was satisfied, she laid her camera down on the dresser, and watched them sleep from the foot of the bed. She smiled and felt incredibly blessed.

"Creep," she heard mumbled quietly. Looking over, she saw JiYong looking back at her. He rubbed his eyes and buried his fingers in his hair. "Get back in bed. Standing there smiling like that is creepy."

"I'm smiling because I'm happy," she whispered back.

"It's too early to be happy."

Jodi walked around to his side of the bed and sat on the edge. She his hair and kissed his cheek. "I'm happy, because I woke up with three of my favorite people beside me. If YongGuk was here, it'd be perfect."

“Yah.” JiYong slapped her leg and made her laugh quietly.

“Have you ever had a conversation with him? He's fascinating. His sister is even cooler.” JiYong held Jodi's hand and kissed her palm. "Come on. You might as well get up. I'll start breakfast.”

“Five more minutes,” he begged as he rolled away from her.

“Ani, you're alarm is going to go off in ten minutes anyway. Rise and shine, G-dragon-breath,” she murmured in his ear. Jodi could hear him laughing as she took the covers off of him and pulled on his arm. Resistance was futile and he knew it. He stood, grabbed his phone and walked around the bed with his hand still in hers. But as she tried to walk out of the room, he pulled her to a halt. Jodi looked at him to see that his eyes were on the sleeping twins. She wrapped her arm around his waist and said, “They're beautiful, aren't they.”

JiYong nodded with a soft smile on his face. He took a picture of them with his phone and saved the picture as his wallpaper before following Jodi out. Outside the door, JiYong wrapped his wife in a hug. “Good morning, anae.”

Jodi smiled into his shoulder. “Good morning, nampyeon.” She pulled back to kiss his lips quickly then pushed him towards the bathroom. “Hurry. I'll make you something delicious before your flight.”

With his hand still holding hers, JiYong took a few steps backwards. Right before their hands could disconnect, he tightened his grip and pulled her forward. Jodi stumbled forward into his chest. Before she could question him, he framed her face with his hands and kissed her. Sweetly, slowly, just a press of his lips to hers. Jodi wrapped her arms around him and kissed back. Just as sweetly, just as slowly, but it still managed to make them both breathless.

“There,” he whispered against her lips. “That's how I want you to wake me up from now on.”

“Only if you brush your teeth first.”

 

* * * * *

 

Feeling refreshed after his shower, JiYong stepped out of the bathroom to see Jodi singing and dancing. This wasn't an unusual sight for him to be greeted with. The difference, was the way she was dancing, and the song she was singing along to. He recognized it, because Teddy would break out with it in the studio randomly. JiYong even knew the words.

   

Baby I'm and I could give you all the things you like

So just relax for me, I ain't gonna keep you waiting all night

I got you saying 'do me now, do me now

Oooo, don't stop

Just do me now, do me now

I need your love'

 

JiYong turned around and went back in the bathroom.

 

* * * * *

 

Jodi looked up to see JiYong walking towards her in black, ripped, skinny jeans, a beanie, and a shirt thrown over his shoulder. Her hands stilled as she got another chance to admire the artwork on his torso. The two 'X's above his belly button are what her eyes seemed to settle on the longest. Her gaze drifted back up until she was met with JiYong's very satisfied grin. He took a few steps towards her place behind the counter when she raised a hand to stop him.

“Oh no, don't you come in my kitchen with no shirt on. It's unsanitary,” she admonished and made JiYong laugh. “Also, MinJung-oppa will be here in twenty minutes. What the hell took you so long in the shower?” JiYong's face turned red as a Coke can, and Jodi knew the reason why. “Oh.”

“Is the food finished?” he asked in a strained voice as he sat at the table. Jodi pulled a plate from the oven and sat next to him. He looked down at the plate, then at her a few times before she got the hint. Jodi rolled her eyes and proceeded to cut his food for him before holding the fork out to him. He just looked at it then opened his mouth. Jodi laughed as she stabbed the food and fed him a bite. He moaned as he chewed and kicked his feet happily. “More, please.”

“Why are you acting like a baby?”

“Because I like it when you take care of me.”

“That works out, because I like taking care of you,” she told him before leaning forward to kiss him. His phone rang, breaking the moment. JiYong answered and preceded to keep repeating, 'yes, hyung'. When he hung up, he set the phone down and sighed. “Your manager?”

“He'll be here in a couple minutes,” JiYong confirmed sadly. He scooted closer to Jodi's chair and buried his face in her neck. “I don't want to go.”

Jodi rubbed his back and hummed in sympathy. “I know. But on the other hand, I'm kind of glad you'll be gone. I don't feel like filming this week.”

“Yah, just tell me that you'll miss me, too.”

“I'll miss you, too,” she responded honestly. “What are you going to be doing there?”

“Fan meeting. We'll sing a few songs, answer some questions, make fools of ourselves.”

“All five of you?”

JiYong shook his head. “SeungHyun-hyung isn't coming. He usually doesn't, though.”

“Why not?”

“He's a bear.” Jodi laughed at his answer, but JiYong shrugged. He was just being honest. “Even when he isn't filming, he's like this. Always in his house like he's hibernating. We can coax him out, sometimes, with the smell of honey and raw meat.” Jodi laughed loudly as she was hit with that mental image. While she laughed, he finished his food and took his plate to the sink. The buzzer sounded and he saw MinJung on the monitor. They both sighed.

“Where's your bag?” Jodi asked. JiYong drug his feet to the back room to get his suitcase. With it trailing behind him, he reached for Jodi's hand while making his way to the door. They stood there for a moment with their bodies pressed together from thigh to chest. “Go. Don't keep your hyung waiting.”

JiYong groaned and stomped his foot, throwing a brief tantrum that brought a smile to Jodi's face. Bringing his hand up, he cupped the back of her head and kissed her quickly before resting his forehead against hers. “God, I really don't want to leave you.”

“And yet, you must. Oh!” Jodi ran to the fridge and pulled out a bag. “I made you some snacks, even though I know it's a short flight.”

JiYong took the bag from her hand and stared at it. “Dammit, Jodi.” He set the bag down and kissed her again. Not softly, not gently, but deeply and passionately. JiYong kissed the corner of her lips, then swiped his tongue across them to encourage her to open for him. She did. Her hands gripped his shoulders as she tilted her head to the right. His hands slid down her back and gripped her backside. Knowing he should stop things before he had to make another trip to the shower, he pulled back slowly and his lips. “Can we finish this when I get back?”

“Maybe,” she sang with a mischievous smile.

“Quickie?”

“Get out.”


 

* * * * *


 

On the ride to the airport, MinJung kept looking at JiYong in the mirror. “Yah, you never smile in the morning. What's wrong with you?”

“Nothing, hyung. I'm just excited.”

“About the fan meeting? You hate fan meetings. And just so you know, sajangnim is getting frustrated with you backing out of so many events. You can't refuse everything he sends your way.”

“Then he shouldn't say I'll do something without asking me first. I wanted this time off and I'm going to enjoy all of it. He can wait until February to exploit me again,” JiYong said dismissively.

“You love this girl, don't you?” MinJung asked quietly. JiYong nodded.

His mind wandered to the night before and the moments up until he left Jodi's side. With nights like the one he had, had, he couldn't help but feel like he was getting a glimpse of his future. Teasing his wife across the breakfast table. Laughter filled dinner with his wife and kids. Curling up on the couch with the children to watch movies. Taking turns with bedtime duties. Soft kisses goodnight. Even the interrupted seemed like s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter