I Love Your Girl

I Love Your Girl

Jessica Jung

 

I was regretting everything. The kiss. The conversation. The dates. Donghae. My life was a mess and seeing Yuri nearly everyday didn't help.

She smiled as Yoona wiped something off her lips. I glared at them and heard Donghae talking to me, but I didn't listen.

 

Why couldn't she just date me? Donghae would understand, wouldn't he?

 

Her eyes met with mine and the smile on her lips died down immediately. Great. Just ing great.

The sight of me makes her sick. Lovely.

 

"I.. I need to go home," I stood from the cafe booth and grabbed my purse.

Donghae looked up, "Already? Do you need a ride? Yuri can drive you," 

"No, I want to go home alone," I stated bitterly.

"It's late out, you can't just.."

 

"Leave me alone, Donghae," I snapped, rushing out the cafe. I needed to break up with him. Soon.

As I walked out, I heard Yuri's voice, "I'll go drop her off real quick and be back before you know it,"

 

My feet immediately sped up, pushing the glass door and feeling the cold breeze on me. Nearly a second later, Yuri had caught up with me, "Let's go to my car, Jessica," Ignoring her, I continued to walk. "I'll bring you home, it's late out, Jessica, it's not safe to–"

"Go away, Yuri!" I exclaimed, turning and shoving her by the shoulders, staring into her eyes. She seemed shocked before snapping out of it, "What the hell's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" I asked in disbelief, thankfully we were already ways away from the cafe, there was no way Donghae could hear us, "What's wrong with you, Yuri?" I responded, poking her in the chest with my finger. She caught my wrist and glared at me.

 

I didn't flinch an inch, "You know damn well I have feelings for you and you still went out with Yoona," I felt my eyes sting, "You're going to hurt her feelings too, Yuri,"

"What do you mean, 'I'm going to hurt her feelings'?" Yuri questioned, still gripping on my wrist, "I'm dating her, I'm not dating you. We kissed once, Jessica. I'm not going to kill years of friendship over a kiss, Jessica," she spoke in monotone, "We have nothing between us, there's nothing that'll come between Yoona and I,"

 

Maybe Yuri's actually a huge douchebag and I've never noticed.

My heart ached and I could feel a hot tear trailing down my cheek, I guess this was reality. I admit, I didn't expect her to leave Yoona.

 

"Fine," I gave up, pulling back my wrist harshly and took a couple steps away from Yuri, "We have nothing between us,"

"That kiss meant nothing,"

"I don't have feelings for you and you don't have feelings for me," 

"My heart doesn't race at the thought of you. My skin doesn't tingle whenever you touch me," 

I was nearly sobbing, "I don't ing love you!" I yelled and my heel, running to God knows where.

 

Stupid Yuri. Stupid Donghae. Stupid Yoona.

 

Stupid me.

 

Collapsing on the side walk, my shoulders shook violently as my sobs increased in volume. It's my fault for falling for Yuri, who happened to be my boyfriend— ex-boyfriend's, best friend. It's all my fault, I'm the only one to blame here.

Suddenly, I felt myself getting lifted onto my feet roughly and was about to scream until I saw Yuri's face oh-so close to me. She pinned me against the nearest building and placed her lips on mine. I was still crying, I didn't have time to react to the kiss that Yuri had already pulled out of.

She cupped my cheeks, pecking my lips multiple times, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry,"

 

"Please, Yuri," I begged, though I wasn't sure why I was begging.

"I can't,"

"Why not?"

"He's been my best friend since forever.. I can't.."

 

I sniffed and gently pushed Yuri off of me, "Then don't kiss me like that when you know that you're going to reject me either way," I glared at her, "Don't give me false hope when there's really no hope at all,"

"That's cruel, Yuri," The tears kept falling.

"Jessica," she whispered.

 

I pressed my lips together in a line, keeping them from trembling. I managed a small smile, enough to make Yuri tear up as well.

"I'll break up with Donghae. Then we'll never see each other again, okay?" My voice broke off.

"We can go back to our own lives like this never happened, like we'd never kissed,"

"You won't see me ever again and I won't see you,"

 

Yuri grabbed me by the waist before I could walk away and pulled me close as she leaned on the building, kissing me. I clenched my hands into a fist and placed them on Yuri's shoulders, kissing her back with all I had. It was a good bye kiss.

 

Our tears mixed together and met as our lips connected with a salty taste due to the tears.

"I ing hate you," I sobbed after the kiss, burying my face into her shoulder. I could hear her crying as well, though not as hard as I was.

She pulled me closer, "He's my best friend,"

My breaths were short and shaky, "It's.. It's okay, I'm okay,"

 

I wasn't freaking okay.

 

"I understand,"

 

I don't freaking understand.

 

"I'll get over you,"

 

I won't ever get over her.

 

"I'm sorry, Jessica,"

"You're not," I mumbled. Her grip on me tightened, "Please don't make this harder than it already is,"

My heart felt like it was getting ripped apart.

I pulled away from her, immediately missing her embrace, "You're right,' I wiped my tears off, though I wish she had wiped them off for me, "I'm sorry, I'll go home now,"

 

She hadn't come after me.

 

This really was the end.


I honestly don't even know what the happened but all i know is i teared up while writing this.