I Love Your Girl

I Love Your Girl

Jessica Jung

I watched as Donghae sat in front of my building gulping down soju and just looking up at the sky. He hadn't muttered a single word for the past 10 minutes. I nervously grasped the curtains as I looked to either side of the street, waiting for Yuri to come. She said that she'd come. I had done has Yuri told me and hadn't called the police, but seeing Donghae in this state was slowly destroying my insides as I remembered the sweet moments in our relationship. I fell to my knees as tears were streaming down, I was sorry, I felt so sorry towards Donghae but what could I do? What could I do when my feelings have changed? Even if their relationship had been great, even if at one point I had loved him and he had loved me. Now, now, those feelings had changed. I didn't feel the same for Donghae. I didn't see him the same way as I once did. A part of me, just a small part of me kind of regreted this. But then...deep in my heart. I knew. I knew that what I felt for Yuri, those feelings, those feelings were definitely love and that there was no way I could lie to myself or the world about that. I knew that I wanted to be with Yuri, that's why this hurt so much, that's why I felt so sorry for him. I wanted to comfort him, tell him that everything was going to be alright but I knew that I would be lying to him, because for Donghae, it wasn't going to be okay. It would hurt, it would hurt too much but I expected that someday, they could both look back at this moment and realize that...it wasn't meant to be. 

I came down from the apartment, I was standing on the street behind Donghae who was sitting by the curb. I felt...I felt like I needed to talk to him, just once more, just one more time. As I was about to step forward an arm stopped me.

"No" Yuri said as she looked at me.

I looked at Yuri. She looked like she had lost 10 years of her life. She looked tired but somehow resolute. She pushed me gently with her arm.


Kwon Yuri

"Stay here" I said as I smiled.

I walked towards Donghae. I sat beside him. 
Neither of us said a word. Donghae looked to the side and simply saw me looking at some blank point in space. He did the same. They sat there for about 5 minutes, neither of us saying a word. Jessica stood there looking at both of us the whole time, just in case things escalated quickly. Donghae looked at me.

"Do you like her that much?"

"Yes"

"I...I want you to understand that, I never meant to fall for her, it just happened"

"So it's true what they say, you can't choose who you fall for?"

"I guess" I said as I pulled the Soju bottle from his hands and gulped down a bit.

"Yah! Kwon Yuri, you're stealing my alcohol?!"

"Tsk, your alcohol, you could never handle drinks"

"Look Yuri, I...I'm gonna need sometime, I mean..."

"I understand, it's okay if you want to hate me, it's okay if you resent me, in fact, I prefer it if you resent me, if you hate me..."

"Don't blame her...please, it's not her fault, if you have to convince yourself that you need a target, someone to blame, someone to hate"

"That would be me..."

"Look Yuri, I'm sorry I hit you and I'm sorry for this whole thing but, I won't hate you"

"I just need sometime to understand, to accept, to move on"

"I need you to understand that"

"As for our friendship"

"I mean, it won't be the same"

"Time will pass by and this hurt will eventually fade but these feelings will never truly disappear, these moments won't really disappear"

"I know, I won't judge you for that" I said.

Donghae grabbed the bottle from my hands, he gulped down one last time before looking at me deep in the eyes. 

"Tsk, maybe I should've just beat you up...Aish, Kwon Yuri"

I looked at my friend's face, I knew, I knew that Donghae was hurting pretty badly, I could sense it. His face, right now he was doing his best not break out tears. He looked at me, he ruffled my hair before getting up.

"Don't contact me...when I'm ready, I'll contact you"

I nodded.

Donghae walked towards Jessica.

"Just a few last words okay?"

Jessica nodded.

"I won't hate you, I will never hate you"

"I...I want you to really like that rascal, because to be traded by another...at least it's her"

Jessica nodded.

"We were happy, don't forget that, okay?"

"Never" Jessica said.

"Thank you...for loving me" Jessica said.

"Thank you too..." He said as he walked away.

Donghae left, waving without looking at them, one last time.

Jessica sat beside me on the curb.

"You think he'll be alright?"

"I think...I think he'll be fine" I said as I got up and helped Jessica get up.

As Jessica got up she looked at me.
I was walking back inside but Jessica grabbed my wrist.

"Is it too bad, that I somehow feel relieved?"

"No. Because now we don't have anything to keep us down, we don't have to be afraid..."

"So this means I don't have to be afraid..."

"Of loving you" Jessica said.

"I love you Jessica Jung" I said as I grabbed her by the waist and kissed her.

"I love you too" She said as she kissed me back.

I put my arm across Jessica and we walked back inside the building.

"Think you'll ever hear from him again?" Jessica asked before I closed the door.

"I'm sure he will, when he's ready" I smiled as I closed the building door.


The End