I Love Your Girl

I Love Your Girl

Kwon Yuri

My best friend, Donghae, ran up to me in the halls before headlocking me and rubbing my head with his knuckles. I struggled and finally managed to punch his stomach, making him fall back. I stood straight and fixed my hair, "Yah, I'm a girl too,"

The guy merely smirked and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "Really? I never noticed, where's the proof," That earned him another punch in the stomach.

 

This is Lee Donghae, my best friend since preschool. We've always been together and everyone knows we are best friends. People have mistaken us for being a couple but Donghae knows about my little secret. In fact, he's the only person who knows the secret.

I'm gay.

 

I told him one day after school and surprisingly he was calm about it. He had hugged me and kissed the crown of my head, "Don't worry, bud, I'll always be here for you," he whispered.

Thank goodness my best friend approved of my uality because I know for a fact that my parents would kill me if they ever found out.

If they ever found out, consider me buried ten feet under the ground.

 

"What do we have first?" Donghae asked as he walked me to my locker, which happened to be right next to his. We both opened our lockers as I tried hard to remember what we had first period.

"Physical Education," I said to him once I remembered.

 

He clapped his hands excitedly, "Yes! I get to see the girls in shorts!" 

I rolled my eyes at his ertedness and closed my locker, walking away. Donghae closed his locker and walked besides me, smirking, "I know you like it too," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Letting my playful side out, I winked at him, "I never said I didn't,"

He let out a laugh and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "I'm kind of happy you're gay,"

I raised an eyebrow at him. He smiled down at me, "That means I'm able to check out girls with you," I shook my head and rolled my eyes while he chuckled, "I'm kidding, Yul. But still, checking out girls are fun,"

"Yea, yea," I responded as we continued to walk to the gym.

 

As we reached the hall of the gym, Donghae and I had to go into seperate locker rooms. He made a big deal out of leaving me because when I tried to enter the locker room he ran to me and gave me a back hug, letting out a fake sob, "Yuri-ah, don't leave me!" he cried.

I rolled my eyes and noticed we were attracting attention. I unwrapped Donghae's arm from my waist and turned around, giving him the 'are you kidding me' face.

He let out a 'charming smile', as most people call it, and gave my cheek a kiss, "See you in a minute!" he exclaimed and entered the locker room.

 

"Donghae! That's the girl's locker room!" I called out before I heard the screams of girls and Donghae exited the locker room with a smirk on his face.

He looked me in the eye, "Damn, you're lucky you get to go in there," he said before walking into the boys locker room.

 

For the nth time that day, I rolled my eyes and entered the locker room before going to my personal locker, ignoring the gazes of all the girls in the hot, stuffed room.

I could still feel their eyes on me as I switched out of my tight shirt and into a loose T-shirt. Literally, my body was heating up with their stares. I fixed my hair for a second before glancing over, "Enjoying the sight?" I asked, making them turn away immediately.

Scoffing, I put the rest of my clothes in my locker and left the locker room.

 

My idiot of a bestfriend was leaning outside the door of the locker room and he walked to the gym with me, "So, did you see any-" I clamped my hand over his mouth, "Don't. Even. Finish. That. Sentence," I said in between my teeth.

I pulled my hand away when I felt a wet substance, "Did you just me?" I asked him, staring at my hand.

 

He nodded and stuck his tongue out at me before running.

"YAH! Lee Donghae!"

 

And to think this was happening at 7 AM in the morning.

 

I collapsed on the bench after a rough game of basketball with the boys. Yes, I played basketball with the boys while the rest of the girls walked around the gym or sat on the bench the whole time. Donghae walked over, equally as sweaty as me, and handed a towel to me.

Grabbing the towel, I wiped the sweat off my neck and forehead.

 

I heard a whistle come from somewhere and saw Choi Minho looking me up and down, "Hot," he commented with a smirk as he sat besides me.

Rolling my eyes, I continued to wipe my sweat off. Minho wrapped his arm around my waist and I gave him a look of disgust, Minho eyed me, "Why don't you and I--"

 

Before he could say anything else, Donghae shoved him off me, "Hey dude, back off,"

Minho glared at Donghae, who wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "You're not even her boyfriend, why don't you back off?"

 

Donghae stood up and so did Minho and I knew they were going to throw punches any time soon. I stood up immediately and placed my hand on Donghae's chest, making him look down at me. 

I shook my head at him and he got what I was trying to say as he sighed. I gave him a soft smile before patting his cheek once and turning to Minho.

 

"Sorry, I'm not looking for a boyfriend at the moment," I apologized though I wasn't sorry at all.

Minho frowned before stomping off. I slumped my shoulders and turned to Donghae, who had a stern look on his face, "I want to kill him,"

 

I raised an eyebrow, "Woah there, Donghae. This isn't the first time someone's hit on me, why are you so mad at Minho?"

Choi Siwon, Minho's cousin, walked up with a smirk, "Cause he stole Donghae's girlfriend for a night,"

 

Widenening my eyes, "You have a girlfriend?"

Donghae ignored me as he rushed towards Siwon and planted a punch on his chin, "Donghae!" I yelled out.

 

The gym teacher's booming voice thundered through out the gym, "Lee Donghae, principables office, NOW,"

Donghae rushed out in anger as Siwon was left on the ground, holding his chin while a bunch of his fangirls ran up to him. I pushed my way through the crowd and ran after Donghae, catching up to him in the halls.

 

He was leaning on one of the lockers, examining his knuckles. I walked over slowly and leaned on the locker beside him, "You have a girlfriend?" I asked.

Donghae sighed and nodded, "I was planning to tell you,"

I shrugged, "That's cool, does she go to this school?"

 

He shook his head, "She goes to a private school,"

"How'd you meet her?"

 

Donghae ran his hand over his face, "Remember the day I asked you to go clubbing with me?"

I recalled the event, it was the weekend after exams ended and Donghae wanted to go to the club with fake IDs.

Nodding, I watched his face as he talked, "I met her at the club,"

 

I couldn't help but laugh, "How cliche,"

Donghae looked down at me and he also cracked a small smile at me before his face went blank again, "Minho sent me a photo of her, ,"

 

"Are you guys still dating?" I asked, seeing the hurt on his face.

"I'm meeting her today afterschool,"

"Want me to come with you?"

 

Donghae looked at me, "Would you?"

I nodded, "Absolutely, and after that, if you guys aren't dating anymore, maybe we could go check out some girls," I ended with a smirk as I got off the locker and started to slowly walk.

Donghae let out a laugh and pushed himself off the locker with his leg and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "I like the way you think, Yul,"

I let out a mock scoff, "Of course you do, I'm your best friend," I smiled up at him. He smiled down at me and we walked around the school for the rest of the period.

 

During lunch, Donghae and I sat on the school steps, "Let me see a photo of your girlfriend," I asked Donghae, who was texting on his phone.

He sighed and showed a picture of her to me.

 

I widened my eyes, "Blonde?" Donghae nodded, "Pretty, isn't she?"

Nodding, I oogled at the girl, "Yes, she is,"

 

Donghae pulled his phone away from my face, leaving me with disappointment, "Too bad she's a player,"

"Yul, I don't know what to do," he said, suddenly turning depressed.

 

I looked at my friend, this was the first time I've seen him so frustrated about something, "W-What is it?" I asked him carefully.

Donghae looked up at me, surprising me with tears in his eyes, "I feel hurt, more hurt than I'm supposed to be,"

"D-Donghae," I said softly, seeing him so vulnerable.

 

"We've dated for only a couple of weeks, but I grew strong feelings for her,"

I placed my hand on his back, rubbing it, "Aww, buddy," I cooed softly.

 

Making up my mind, I gently squeezed his shoulder, "I'll help you in this relationship,"

Donghae looked up at me, "How?"

"I'll make sure your girl doesn't cheat,"

My friend suddenly launched his body at me, hugging me tightly, "Thanks, Yul,"

 

I smiled and held his arms that were wrapped around me, "No problem, Hae,"