I Love Your Girl

I Love Your Girl

Kwon Yuri

 

I could feel her bare body pressed against mine. My heart was thumping against the chest her head was laying on and a part of me felt a little guilty, while the other part of me felt guilty for not feeling guilty. I just had with my best friend's girlfriend. Well... ex-girlfriend. 

But still, that's not any better!

 

Her body shifted and with a light groan that escaped her lips, I knew she was awake. My body stiffened and I desperately attempted to move my arm, which was s around her waist, away.

It only resulted in a louder groan from her. Jessica's eyes opened and immediately locked onto mine. I didn't know what the hell she was feeling, her eyes looked so... blank.

 

"Morning." She mumbled, body still right up on mine.

"Morning." I choked out.

Jessica released a sigh and moved away from me. Instantly, I found myself loathing the emptiness.

 

"I'm such a ." 

 

My eyes snapped towards her, "What?"

"I had with my ex's best friend." She stated harshly, sitting up and reaching over the side of the bed and picking up discarded pieces of clothing.

"I'm real tempted to move away from this place and never come back." She continued, slipping on her shirt.

 

She stood from the bed.

"America might be a good place." Jessica nodded, as if she had made up her mind to buy a one way ticket to America already.

"Or Europe. I've always wanted to go there."

 

I stood and slipped on a random shirt near the closet that was many sizes too big for me. For a moment, I wondered why Jessica had such a large shirt in her closet, but then I remembered she used to date Donghae. This was probably his shirt.

Well, that makes me feel like .

 

Jessica was still mumbling to herself about a good place to move and start anew.

"I am going to run away from this place and—" She gasped as I pulled her closer to me.

"Let's run away together, then."

She looked up at me, "Yuri." She whispered.

 

"I don't know if you really don't remember, or if you don't want to remember, but I clearly recall telling you that I love you." I swear I think I was high as I said this, "And I really remember you saying you loved me first."

I laced our fingers together, "So.. if you're running away, bring me with you."

 

"That's sweet." Jessica said in a light tone, though it didn't sound very positive at all. I gave a deep breath.

 

"Look, Jessica. I don't feel very good about what we did last night either." I saw a flash of hurt go across her face and I then realized how bad that statement had sounded. I quickly corrected myself, "Not that what we did last night was bad! But.. but, I mean I enjoyed last night. But what I'm talking about is—"

"I got it, Yuri. You can keep talking." Jessica interrupted, a small smirk on her face as I felt my cheeks warming up.

 

Clearing my throat, I felt the atmosphere become serious again.

 

"Donghae is my bestfriend and I feel like a total douchebag right now." I said. "He sent me to his ex's house to ask her to give him a second chance and here I am, waking up, in his ex's bed, after a night of having  with his ex."

Jessica cut in before I could say anything else, "Are you trying to make me feel bad too, Yuri? Because it's working pretty damn well."

I shook my head, "Jessica, we're going to feel like either way."

"Gee. Thanks." She mumbled.

 

"I'm being realistic here, Jessica."

"Well, let me be realistic too." The tone of her voice made me wince. Our hands were no longer interlocked.

 

"I feel like total  because I gained feelings for my ex's best friend, who happens to be a girl, and happens to have a girlfriend!" She snapped at me.

 

Girlfriend.

 

Yoona.

 

My eyes widened and I slipped my hand through my hair, "." I cursed.

Jessica took multiple steps away from me, "I screwed everything up." 

"You didn't."

"I did!" Jessica hissed, "I did and you know it!"

I stayed quiet as she her heels and faced the wall.

 

"If I hadn't fallen for you then none of this would have happened."

"So you're regretting falling in love with me."

"That's not what I'm saying."

 

"It sounds awfully like what you're saying."

 

There was a moment of silence.

 

"Maybe we just aren't meant to be." Jessica whispered and I could hear my heart cracking.

"You're really telling me that the night after we confessed our love and had ?" I asked in disbelief, "You're going to give everything up after all the pain we've been through together? You're go—"

 

"What do you want me to do then, Yuri?!" She turned around abruptly and tears stained her face. It was too early to be fighting, but I shouted back anyways.

"I want you to fight for me! To fight for us!"

"Admit it, Yuri!" Jessica screamed and my eyes began to burn with hot tears, "We've lost the battle before it even started!" Her voice cracked.

 

"Let's stick to our main plan, okay?" She whispered.

"What? Of us forgetting that this ever happened? Of me forgetting how happy you make me? That plan?"

"Yes." Jessica swallowed, "That plan."

I gulped down the lump in my throat and clenched my fists, "Alright."

 

She stared at me long and hard, "Alright." She repeated.

 

"You can stick to that plan, Jessica Jung." 

She gave me a confused look.

 

"But you should know that now that I know for a fact that our love for each other is mutual, I'm not giving up on you."

"Yuri—"

"I don't give a damn if I'm fighting on the losing side of a battle." I shook my head, a tear escaping my eye, "Because, God dammit, Kwon Yuri goes down with a fight." My lips began to quiver, "I just hope you'll be fighting besides me." 

 

"Oh, Yuri."

 

And in a second, I felt her lips on me in a chaste kiss. A quiet sob escaped my lips as she leaned her forehead against mine.

"Do you mean it?"

 

I nodded immediately.

 

"I'll fight with you, Yuri."

 


Long time no see (: