I Love Your Girl

I Love Your Girl

Kwon Yuri

 

I sat down on my desk, that was just that conviently placed right beside Jessica. She sat at my right and lucky for me I had the window to my left, thankfully. I was going to need that fresh air.

 

We both sat down and Jessica looked right at me. I noticed, but I pretended not to and continued looking at the window.

 

"It's funny to watch you and Donghae" She spoke as she took out the things from her bag. 

"I wasn't really jealous," Jessica said, "Maybe only a little," she added on.

I let out a small laugh, "Why weren't you jealous?" I asked her.

 

"Because, you know, you are..." She trailed off, trying to point out that I was gay. Flustered, she was choosing her words carefully.

"Oh, right" I said, thinking she looked so cute when she was flustered.

 

This feeling on my chest was only getting worse, I still can't understand what it is. Why was I jealous of Donghae whenever he was with Jessica?

 

"Hae sent a text" She said as she showed her phone to me.

"He wants to eat ice cream after classes? Really? How old is he? Five?" I asked, scoffing a big.

"Sometimes," Jessica answered simply.

 

We both started laughing, earning the looks of the teacher, who was not that happy. Keeping silent the rest of the class was probably the best option. I stole glances to her

 

She was–how do I say this? She was different.

 

It's like she glowed, I don't know the reason and I would like to understand but I don't.

Is this what Hae sees? Is this how he sees Jessica? Glowing and beautiful?

Jessica looked at me and smiled,"Class is over," She stated.

I was actually so lost in my daydream that I didn't hear her.

 

"Yuri," She called, gently shaking my shoulder.

I shook my head, dispelling my thoughts and looked at her.

"Let's go, class is over" She repeated.

 

Already? I didn't pay attention to it at all. Welcome to Jessicology 101, I guess.

I got up and followed her out of class and that's when I felt a familiar arm make it's way onto my shoulder.

 

"Hey" Donghae greeted.

"Aren't you going to say anything to your girlfriend?" I said as I eyed him sternly, switching glanced between him and Jessica.

"Hey, Sica" He let out quickly.

 

He groaned when I elbowed him in the ribs for being such a careless boyfriend.

 

"Idiot," I grumbled as I kept on walking.

Jessica came near me and stuck her tongue out at him.


"Traitor," Donghae spat out playfully, smiling. Jessica smiled at him too.

"Come here" Donghae said as he grabbed Jessica's wrist, pulling her closer before kissing her.

 

I once again rolled my eyes and continued to walk. My heart started to feel constricted and it made it hard for me to breath.

 

We got inside my car and went to a really great coffee shop downtown that serves the best parfait.

And so I got to watch as Donghae had the parfait fed to him by Jessica. She even cleaned his lips with the napkin.


"Are you a baby?" I said a bit annoyed by the whole scene.

"No, I'm not," he denied, though a grin was placed on his lips. Jessica put the napkin down.

"Anyways, Yuri after making you the third wheel in my relationship," he began, "I decided to check the market for you," Donghae said as he scratched the back of his neck.

 

"You did what now?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"I discovered a girl, who is also gay," Donghae said in a low voice.

"Oh, is that so?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, her name is Im Yoona, this is her number," Donghae said as he gave a piece of paper to me. I looked at it and put it aside. 


"Not interested" I said.

"Really? You, not interested?" Donghae asked, not believing me.

 

"Why don't you try it?" Jessica asked.

 

Hearing her say that constricted my heart even more.

 

"Yes, why don't you try it? How long has it been since HyunA?" Donghae asked me with a serious expression.

 

This conversation had changed terms now...

 

"I don't know," I mumbled, "1 maybe 2 years?"

"See, you've been alone for quite a while" Donghae spoke, he looked genuinly concerned.

"Look, Hae," I sighed, "Don't worry about me, okay? I'm not important right now," I shrugged him off, "This lady right here is," I pointed to Jessica.


"Anyways, I'm out, I need to go home and do some stuff," I lied, desperately wanting to leave.


We bid good byes and when I got home I had no strength left in my body. Throwing myself onto the couch, I reached into my jean pocket and pulled out the paper Donghae had given to me. It was a picture of a rather pretty girl and on it was a phone number.

 


"Im Yoona, eh?" I muttered.

 

Despite her looks, I wasn't interested in this Im Yoona at all. To be quite honest, I was interested in another person. Someone much closer to me but someone who I could not reach.