Who Are You?

The Girlfriend Stealer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He's still not home."

I was about to go down when I heard Mrs. Wu's voice. I hid on a corner to listen to what they're talking about.

"Don't worry, we'll find him soon." Mom tried to reassure her to stop her from crying.

"It has been two days. I'm not sure if my son is alive."

"Stop thinking like that. The police are already working on it." Mr. Wu said to calm her wife.

"That's the point! They've been searching but they found nothing!"

A phone suddenly rings. Mr. Wu excused himself and answered the phone in front of them.

"What? Really? Alright. We're on our way."

He put down his phone and faced them. "They already find him. He's in SNU hospital right now."

They all hurriedly grabbed their cardigans and key, I showed my self. I want to come. I want to make sure that it's really him.


We rushed inside the emergency room and the police men welcomed us.

"He's been here for 16 hours. The doctors said that he was found unconcious inside his car. He met an accident, he was drunk driving. It's a relief that he didn't hit anyone."

He's busy explaining to them but I can't seem to keep up with what he's saying because I saw Kris.

"Can we see him now?" I asked, interrupting their conversation.

They let us and we all got inside. The police also told us that they'll close the case since he is already found before they head out.

His eyes were closed and we can all hear his breathing, confirming that he's really here, alive and whole.

Mrs. Wu quickly held his hand while sobbing. We all felt relieved that he's safe.

"I told you, he'll be fine." Mom said, breaking the deafening silence.

We all looked at the door when someone entered. It's a tall lady. She looks so sophisticated in her slacks and blouse. She's like a manager of a company.

She was startled when she saw us and quickly bowed but before she can even introduce herself, Mr. Wu suddenly called her.

"Qian? What are you doing here? Where's your dad?"

She smiled and put down what she's holding. I also noticed that her bag was already on the table so it means, she's been here before us.

"I accidentally saw him here. I just visited a friend that was confined here and I saw how the doctors get him out of the ambulance so I told them that I know him. Sorry if I didn't call, I was so nervous to even tell you guys." She explained. "I also want to tell you that..."

"Qian?"

We all got startled when we heard Kris' voice. We all encircled around him. He looked at us one by one. I thought he'll get shocked when he'll see me, but he didn't. He looked at me like how he looked at everyone - blank.

"Qian, who are they?"

We all gasped in unison when we heard his question. How come? Did he hit his head? What?!

"What is he saying?" Mr. Wu asked her.

"That was what I was going to tell you. He has selective amnesia, it was due to the accident." She gathered us all away from Kris, before whispering. "I'm sorry because I told him that I'm his girlfriend. I clumsily told him that but now he's believing in it, although I'm telling him that I was just kidding."

"How could you? You're taking advantage of my son's sickness!" Mrs. Wu shouted.

"Qian? Yah! Why are you shouting at her?!" Kris stood up so they all panicked.

Dad and Mr. Wu stopped him from walking. They calmed him by telling him that he needs to listen.

"I am your dad." Mr. Wu started before pointing at his wife. "This is your mom."

"I see." He said before looking at me. "Then, you must be my sister."

A tear escaped my eye but I just laughed and wiped it off. I excused myself before going out. Mom followed behind and she hugged me.

"I'm alright mom. At least he's alive." I said and tightened my hug on her when I felt that she was about to remove from the hug. I'm crying. I don't want her to see that I'm crying.

"I'm sorry for telling him that I'm his girlfriend." Qian appeared so I let go of mom and wiped my tears.

I slapped her. "Are you sick? Why did you take advantage on his situation? You just have to tell him the truth!" I shouted and turned around, ready to walk away but she grabbed my arm.

"Then let's tell him. Tell him that you're his ex-wife and you have a baby and she died because of your foolishness. Tell him that you are blaming him for choosing your life over your daughter's life. Tell him that he was drunk driving because he got full by how you treat him. Tell him! Go back inside and tell him!"

My tears began falling as she shouted those words at me. It's like she's stabbing me endlessly u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter