Traditions

The Girlfriend Stealer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I buttoned my tux while waiting for Seohyun to get down.

I checked the reports and I'm glad that there are no problems. I'm planning to extend the business to Canada after I get married. I'll take her with me while I'm doing my business, she'll stay in my house there.

I stood up as I saw her going down the stairs.

She's wearing a black formal dress that is knee-length. Her hair is also curled at the end. She welcomed me with a smile. It made me smile too.

"Dad is out to fetch mom." She said as soon as I held her hands.

"No curfew for you tonight?" I wiggled my eyebrows and she softly tapped my hands.

"There's always a curfew, Kris." She said and we head outside.

I'm following her as I observed her dress. It's too short for me. I remembered that Yixing is looking forward to see her. I don't want him to look at Seohyun like a hawk. Her dress is so fitted. I really don't like it.

She stopped in front of my car and she crossed her arms while frowning at me.

"Are you alright?" She asked when she saw that I'm still far from her.

I walked to her and pressed the alarm of my car. Before she could open the door, I went near and opened it for her. She got in and I turn to get inside the driver's seat.

I bit my lip as I saw her fixing her seat belt. I helped her since she looked like she's having a hard time.

"Hey it's done." She said after I locked her seat belt.

I smirked as I touched her waist. "This dress is too much." I whispered on her ear.

"Kris, what are you doing?" She's stuttering.

"Nothing." I said before sitting properly to start the engine.

I really should hold back or else I'll die.

I'm quietly driving while she's busy scanning my phone to play a good music.

"Most of your songs are english." I nodded at her then a song played on the speakers.

"I really like Ariana Grande." She stated while humming one of her song. "And if in the moment I bite my lip. Baby, in that moment, you'll know this
is something bigger than us and beyond bliss. Give me a reason to believe it" She sings along.

I can only shake my head while biting my lip. Does she even know the meaning behind the lyrics of what she's singing right now? She's too innocent for this bad world.

I stopped when I saw the red light while she's singing the chorus. I can't help but look at her. She's thin but I can say that her front is healthy. Maybe because she's been eating goguma her entire life. Oh ! What the hell am I thinking. I should stop.

"Love me harder." She sang while looking at me. I gulped as our eyes met. "What?" There's a hint of humor in her voice so I looked away.

"Let's turn off the music. Mr. Li might call." I said and started driving again.

 


We arrived at the venue and saw a lot of cars parked outside. Good thing that I asked Yixing to reserve a space for me since I know that a lot of people will come.

"Kris." Yixing approached me and I looked at his back to see if Mr. Meng is behind him but he's not.

I opened the door for Seohyun and I saw how Yixing smiled at the sight of her. I frowned at him but didn't see.

"Yixing!" She happily said and went near him.

"Long time no see." He was about to hug her but I pulled Seohyun close to me.

"Let's get inside." I said and heard them laugh.

The three of us got inside and a lot of photographers stopped us to take some pictures.

"Fame is both bad and good." Yixing whispered while we're smiling in front of the cameras.

"It's supposed to be good but sometimes it ended up being bad." Seohyun added and they both laughed again.

I frowned and told the photographers that we need to get inside. Why did I even called Yixing?

I felt Seohyun's hand softly caressing my arm. I looked at her and she's smiling. "You're too grumpy. Chill." She softly giggled and I frowned.

"Oh! Kris Wu?! Come here! You're supposed to sit in front." Mr. Chan, one of the shareholders of the Li company shouted.

I nodded and we went there while Yixing told me that he'll look for his dad.

We got there and all of them welcomed me with a smile on their faces.

"You are really like your father. He was so good in handling his business." One of them said and I can only smile.

"I've heard that Mr. Li will soon retire. You should replace him." Another businessman added while drinking his white wine.

"I am the general manager of the Wu company. It will be hard if I'll handle another work." I saw their disappointed face after I said that.

"But you're not a Wu and besides Greg is still young! Your grandfather is too old for this. You should at least consider that." They added and I just shrugged my shoulders.

The MC caught their attention and they busied theirselves watching the program. I lossened my tie as I let out a long sigh.

"Don't stress yourself." I felt Seohyun's hand squeezed mine. I gave her a reassuring smile then we paid attention to the program.

They showed the statistical report of the company. They showed how high it was before the scandal, then how it went down when Mr. Li got sick. I realized that Taewoo is his secretary and I don't know if he knows anything about business.

The MC called Mr. Li for a speech and I fixed my tux. He'll call me for sure. He had trouble going up the stage so his bodyguards helped him.

"Don't underestimate me, I can still kick some ." He joked and all of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter