100% [MISSION COMPLETE]

Metal

Sehun, it's been three days.

Three days, Sehun, since they reported you missing. You, and Tao too. What's weirder is your butler Yi Fan, has been reported missing too. I don't know what's going on. I don't know why the three of you are all gone.

My dad came home on that day. He was so pale, you wouldn't believe it. He told me the news. He even said the investigators found footprints leading to a room in your house. They said blood was found there. So much blood. They're having it tested.

But you're missing, Sehun. Not dead. You're alive, right? That's why I'm doing this. Because you must be alive.

No one has touched your desk at school. Everyone leaves it empty. No flowers, no letters, no messages in black pen. They all think you're coming back. You have to, okay? 

Kyungsoo comes back to visit me for lunch. I never told you what happened, did I? I kissed him. He was furious at me. Now we talk like nothing happened. 

Sometimes I see him glance up at the door. As if you're going to waltz in with a canned coffee in your hand.

It's getting late. I have to go.

Good night Sehun,
Jongin

 

 

 

Sehun, it's been eight days.

Kyungsoo and I have started sitting with Baekhyun and Chanyeol again. Do you remember them? I bet you would. You never forgot your friends. Everyone thinks you're so cold, but I know. You loved all the company you had.

I walk Kyungsoo home after school days. I know you want us to get back together. We've been working on it. For real. But we're waiting for you, Sehun.

My dad doesn't talk at dinner anymore. He says there's big news coming soon. Your parents came home a couple days ago. They haven't appeared in public since.

Where are you, Sehun?

Good night,
Jongin

 

 

 

Sehun, it's been ten days.

My dad told me your parents have requested for the blood samples to be tested faster. They're paying extra for a quicker scan.

But I don't want to know. Because it can't be you, right? Even if it is, I bet you accidentally cut your arm on something. You were clumsy when you were smaller. I remember.

I'm scared, Sehun. Please come back to us soon.

Jongin

 

 

Sehun, it's been sixteen days. 

Jongin asked me to write this, Sehun. He believes that if we write letters, you'll come back alive and we can laugh about how worried we were.

But I think I know. 

Is this why you left that night? I was scared out of my wits when I saw you two were gone. Out the window, it seemed. 

I don't know what to say. Was it Tao? Did he take you back and... kill you?

But the room they found was empty. No weapons, no people, no tracks. Just the blood.

If you were here, you would tell me Jongin was being an idiot and we should just calm down and live our lives. You'd tell me again how much you knew that I still love Jongin. I do. I'm waiting to bring it up. It's not right.

You were always rooting for us.

Will you come back to us, please? It's not the same. Our Prince, Oh Sehun. Gone. Lost in the winter storm.

Jongin tells me the class acts differently without you. The teacher doesn't smile anymore. Kim Junmyeon was your dad, the chairman's,  favorite teacher here, I know. Jongin says he's still nice as ever, in fact he even lets them call him Junmyeon now. The rest of your class is deathly solemn.

Jongin is looking over my shoulder. He says I shouldn't have used the word "deathly". I'm sorry.

Okay, he's gone. 

Jongin is pacing the room right now. He always has this habit now, distracting himself and fiddling. He bites his lip and walks around and runs his fingers through his hair. It's very... different of him.

He's broken, Sehun. I hope you'll come back and fix him.

We really loved you. And still do. 

That's all, I suppose.

Best wishes,
Kyungsoo

 

 

 

Sehun, it's been twenty-one days.

Sehun. They announced the results. Publicly.

First of all, how could they? Your parents, right on that TV show, one of the many that keeps track of your whereabouts, just blurted it out.

There were two DNA matches for the blood. Yours... and Tao's.

But why? Why is his blood there too?

You can't be dead. There must be some other explanation. Ha! If you were here now, I'd ask if you two finally did it. And you'd punch me, wouldn't you?

I wish you were here to punch me.

Should I wish you back, Sehun? There are a lot of legends around here. Maybe there's somewhere where I can wish you back. I'm seriously going crazy here.

Look at me. Legends. Myths. 

You would say I'm really bat crazy now.

I don't know what to do anymore, Sehun.

Jongin

 

 

Sehun, it's been thirty-one days.

Your parents have arranged a funeral.

I saw them yesterday. They came to visit my dad and tell him the news. He's the one who told me, but I saw them talking.

You wouldn't believe it. Don't act like I didn't know; you and your parents were never that close ever since you entered middle school. 

They were crying so hard, Sehun. Your mother had tear streaks and a handkerchief and everything. Your dad kept a straight face, but his eyes were wet. I got busted when my mom caught me peeking. She asked me to go help her clean the kitchen. I don't know why I told you that last part. I don't need to tell you, do I? Because you're alive. And when you come back, I'm going to tell you in person. So there's no need to write this.

Right?

My parent's are finding me a suit for your funeral. But I know it's not legit. You're out there. And you'll come back.

I miss you though. I wish you would hurry up.

Jongin

 

 

Sehun, it's been thirty-seven days.

Your parents have made another public announcement. They're moving out of the Oh manor. My dad's going with them. For the job. 

But hasn't it been your family's mansion for generations? I remember the news anchor asked that too.

And they said they couldn't bear to be in the same house where their only son died. 

They're really heartbroken. Everyone's given up hope, Sehun. Everyone thinks you're dead. But I don't. I'm still here. Still writing. You're alive. You have to be. Really.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol don't talk about it. I go to visit Kyungsoo in his apartment sometimes. When I try to bring it up, he starts cooking something. Asks me if I want sweets, or to stay for dinner. He's trying to get my mind off it. They all are.

Should I forget about you, Sehun? But it doesn't feel right.

I'm not sure anymore. But I still think you're alive out there.

Jongin

 

 

 

Sehun, it's been forty-two days.

Today's it. The funeral.

It was horrible. 

Our classmates were all there. A couple of them went up to talk. They all glorified you, Sehun. You were a star, weren't you? But you didn't like it, I know.

They asked me to go up too.

I walked up and stood at that alter, silent. Everyone stared at me. They expected me to say the same things they did.

I told them you were a brat. And some people gasped.

I said you were that kid that was rock hard on the outside and a little too mushy on the inside. I said you were that kid that no one tried to get close to. I said you were lonely and hid it behind all the walls that you built.

And then I said that you still are that kid.

A couple of the adults and our female classmates gave me that look when I went back to my seat. The I-feel-so-sorry-for-you-boy look. They all think I'm nuts because I think you're still alive.

I'll keep my faith to myself from now on. In these letters. No one else needs to burden themselves with my feelings.

I already told Kyungsoo. I told him that I "finally came to the realization that you're gone and I need to get over it." He hugged me tight and started crying. He said sorry again and again and again.

I hate to break his heart.

Tell me if you're out there somewhere, Sehun.

Jongin

 

 

 

Sehun, it's been forty-three days.

I lied. 

You weren't the only one they were burying.

You wouldn't believe this. But I asked for it. They said they were holding the funeral for the both of you. You and Tao. So I asked for it.

I remember that call you gave me. You love him, don't you? Yes. Present tense. Because you're out there with him and you still love him. I knew you did the second you told me. And I'm sorry for telling you to let it go. I knew you wouldn't even if I tried telling you that.

You didn't, did you? That's why both of your blood was spilled there. Something happened.

So do you know what I asked them?

I asked that you two be buried in side by side plots. I told them that you two loved each other. Because I could tell. He loved you. Remember when we played video games together? I knew he was just keeping his eye on you, (he was your bodyguard after all), but I could tell it was going to happen. It had to.

And they agreed. 

It's getting late. I'll have to continue this later.

Right now, it's exactly midnight. 

And I'm going to climb to the rooftop, Sehun-ah.

Won't you join me?
Jongin

P.S. Do you know what they wrote on your gravestones? Yours, on the left, says:

"Oh Sehun, 
To stray off the path and smell the flowers
Bittersweet everlasting"

And Tao's, on the right, says:

"Huang Zi Tao
The inevitable to those who become accustomed to sweet scents
Withered under words"

Isn't that funny, Sehun? They made you flowers. I refuse to give you any. Flowers mean death. You aren't a flower, Sehun. You're better than that.

I'm going up to the rooftop now.

I hope to see you there.

 

 

 

Sehun, it's been forty-four days.

I forgot to tell you something. But I'll add it into my letter continuation. It was part of the burial after all.

After the speaking, the entire crowd moved on to the burial.

There were cars and cars of people. All the students that had left school to attend had to ride on this specially requested bus to get there. There were three buses, Sehun. So many people came. They let me ride with my dad and your parents, but I refused. I found Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun on the second bus. Black suits and somber expressions. Kyungsoo looked worst of all. 

He told me what happened. That you asked him if you two could stay there. He said you two were there when I suddenly showed up too. I was embarrassed when I heard it. Did you hear everything I said, Sehun? I was worried about that at first, but then I knew what he was trying to say. That's the day before they declared you missing. Kyungsoo was the last one of us to see you in person.

We were silent the rest of the ride.

I think it's pathetic. Burying an empty casket. Your body is somewhere, anywhere but there. 

When you come back, I'll show you the spot.

It's at the top of a hill. You would have liked it.

They lowered you down six feet under. Most of us cried. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun did. Chanyeol and I just exchanged glances and kept to ourselves.

They all gathered there and stayed for a while as some people spoke. I don't really know how funerals work, Sehun. Yours is the first one I've been to.

I walked behind everyone without anyone noticing. I couldn't take the crowd. There were just so many people.

I sat down on the rock near the forest line. You would have appreciated the forest, I know. You wouldn't have said so, but you would have.

And then, a guy walked up to me. 

I'll describe him to you. Maybe you know him. And when I tell you when you come back, maybe you'll go, "oh!"

He had this straight orange-red hair that kind of swept to one side very slightly. His eyes were sharp and slanted upwards at the corners. He was a little shorter than me standing up, but since I was sitting, he towered over me. He wore his suit very well. One of his hands were in his pockets and the other played with a cellphone.

He half-smiled at me and asked, "Are you Kim Jongin?"

I was surprised he knew my name. But I guess people must be talking about me. "Oh Sehun's best friend when he was alive" they all say. I still am.

So I said, "Yes. Why?"

And he said, "Hey kid. Sorry for your loss."

I shook my head. "No."

He gave me this weird look.

Then another guy walked up. He had light brown hair in curls, sort of. His face was slim and he had sharp and sculpted facial features. Did you know him too? They were about the same height.

I realized the first guy didn't tell me his name, but he knew mine. I was about to ask, but then the second man started talking to him.

"Minseok, why are you here?"

I didn't mean to eavesdrop. They just kind of stood in front of me.

He replied, "I was talking to the kid's best friend."

So I was right. They were talking about me.

The second man sighed. They seemed to move on to other subjects. "Yi Xing is still with him who-knows-where. Won't tell me a thing."

I almost jumped. Because "Yi Xing" almost sounded like Yi Fan, you know? And that was your butler's name. And he was still missing.

Sehun, who were these people? And where did you meet them? I didn't realize you socialized this much. Especially since they looked a little older than us.

The first man, Minseok, glanced at his phone before saying, "That idiot. I told him so. Warned him again and again."

And the second man said, "But did you really?"

Minseok sort of looked off into the distance. "I wonder if this counts as a win. Or did he lose?"

The other man smirked at him. "I'd say he won."

I had no idea what they were talking about. Maybe you'll enlighten me when you come back and tell me the story?

Minseok, the one who'd talked to me in the first place, turned to me again. "Well, see you later Jongin. You take care."

I nodded and they walked back towards the crowd together.

What do I make of this, Sehun?

I wish you were here to tell me.

Jongin

 

 

 

Sehun, it's been sixty-six days.

People are starting to change my mind. Everyone's back to normal so quickly. But it's not that easy for me.

I don't know what to do. What to say anymore.

Help me, Sehun. 

Come back.

Jongin

 

 

 

Sehun, it's been eight-five days.

I've been writing less and less, I know. I can't believe it. Finals are coming up, Sehun, and it's too soon. I can't believe they're making us take them when you're...gone.

Your seat. I never told you. People put bouquets on it now, and letters and messages.

My worst nightmare.

Sometimes I still turn around during math to say something and you're not there. Then the teacher goes quiet. He catches me doing this. Our eyes meet, his eyebrows turn up, and he goes back to teaching. He doesn't even punish me for it.

You're gone and everyone pities me.

I also wanted to tell you, Kyungsoo and I got back together a couple weeks back. But it was an unspoken thing. It just kind of happened.

One moment we were sitting together in that cafe we always go to, and the next he kissed me and said, "I love you".

And I told him, "I love you too."

Because I do. I always have. You already know that though.

So much has happened without you. You're missing so much, so come back soon. 

Please,
Jongin

 

 

 

Sehun, it's been one-hundred days.

My dad found my letters.

He told me to stop. He held his head in his hands, got on his knees, and begged me, as my father, to please stop doing this to myself.

And I think I've been thinking the same thing.

You're... not coming back, are you?

You're really gone, aren't you?

This is my last letter, Sehun.

One hundred days you've been gone. 

Will you let me move on?

I can't believe it. More than half my life I've spent with you and now you're not here anymore.

One hundred days it took me to see this.

You're not behind my desk. You're not in the hallway asking for a canned coffee with too much change in your hands. You're not knocking on my door with a bag of chips and a game challenge.

I don't know what to say.

What am I going to do when winter comes around and there's no Oh Sehun to go to school with?

I'll always remember you. I'll always remember our winters. Our summers. Our years. 

Good bye, Sehun.

Jongin

 

100% [MISSION COMPLETE]

 


A/N I guess this isn't much of an epilogue as the actual end of the story, no? OuO I know the last update got a lot of reaction as the final chapter, so I'm not sure how this'll go hahaha and I'm not sure why I got into the habit of writing author's notes -- it must be annoying to read something only to have the mood ruined by this xD 

It seems I've said thank you at the end of every chapter, but I'd like to say it again and again and again. Thank you thank you thank you~! Thank you for all the support for this story, thank you for the comments, subscriptions, votes. Thank you for rec-ing it, if you did, and for saying such nice things ;u; It made me really happy whilst writing this. And now it feels weird not working on this anymore! I love you guys a lot <3 Thank you thank you thank you <3

Ah... it's raining today. Perhaps, it is a hot chocolate day, and not coffee?

My next story is going to be Club EXOrcist, as a band-aid for any wounds you may have suffered here euheuheuh I will slowly infuse whatever comedy I have in my heart into that story and I hope it will gain the support this story has gotten as well ;u; And if you want to talk to me, you can find my tumblr here ;u;

I guess, to Metal, it is now time to say good bye ;u;
My friends, this is The End.