1%

Metal

It's days like these Sehun feels as though he absolutely cannot go to school. He wakes up in his luxury double bed, much bigger than someone his size needs. The pillows are a mess, the blankets are strewn all over the place, and he's stuck in a rather strange sleeping position. He wakes up a few minutes before his alarm clock can begin that obnoxious beeping noise and he quickly shuts it off before dragging himself into a sitting position.

A hot shower is a must, and after he's out, wearing a gray t-shirt, loose sweatpants and a small towel around his neck, he feels tempted to ask his parents if he could just stay home today. However, his dad is shut in in his office, his mom is already out at work, and he's fairly certain they would not approve of his choice. He sighs, deciding to skip breakfast, and heads to his room to change into his uniform. 

"Good morning, Sehun." Mr. Kim, his driver, bows to him with a smile. The young boy returns it and bids him good morning. 

Oh Sehun is a spoiled brat, to say the least. He's not extremely warm to most people, except maybe Mr. Kim and Jongin, his best friend (who also happens to be Mr. Kim's son). He gets top grades, he's an absolute star at sports, he's got the looks of a prince, and the physique of a professional model. (In fact, he's dabbled in modeling a couple times, but it wasn't an extremely interesting occupation in his opinion. He eventually quit.) He's quite ideal, quite perfect. Except that personality of his. 

He arrives at school, a prestigious private academy his dad happens to be the chairman of. Almost everyone that passes him greets him, but he seldom even glances back at these other students. He thinks himself the best of the best, or rather, he is the best of the best. And there's no question about it. Being an only child, his parents had pressed him to be the epitome of perfection in his generation and he wouldn't let anyone take his place. He held a lot of pride in his "position" as number 1 in the school, despite being only a sophomore. 

As he walks into his class, the room seems to hush down and all eyes are on him until he takes his seat at the far back corner of the room. Kim Jongin turns and leans towards him with that teasing smirk of his. "Mornin' Sehun-ah." He sits in the seat in front of Sehun, both of them favoring the window view they have of the entrance of the school. 

Sehun is somewhat of a prodigy. He was the youngest in his entire class, having skipped a grade or two (he couldn't even remember anymore). He leans back in his seat and stares at the other boy. His best friend, Jongin, has this messy look to him today. His tie is a little loose, his dark brown curls are all over the place, and his shirt a little rumpled. But he always had that glimmer in his eye, and even though he was much more sunken in poverty than Sehun's family, Sehun found himself comfortable with the other boy. Jongin tends to get fairly high on tests, always scoring in the top ten range, but he had this uncaring attitude that made Sehun think maybe he was just naturally smart. Jongin, barely a few months older than Sehun himself, liked to treat Sehun like a dongsaeng, or a little sibling. Sehun's pride would usually reject this treatment, but he doesn't mind so much today. Today, he feels like being a little pampered. 

"Jongin, can you get me a coffee?" Sehun s a few bills lazily into the other boy's outstretched hand. Jongin had already been expecting this; he'd seen the way Sehun's eyes lacked their usual energy, and this sometimes happened on days like this. The outside weather was cloudy and grey, a dreary contrast to what it would usually be in this season. Sehun finds himself often affected by weather conditions like this, and he could barely concentrate on keeping his typical cold and uncaring facade. Jongin also had the responsibility of taking care of Sehun at school -- a job given to him by his father's boss, and his father. Jongin rustles Sehun's hair before standing up and jogging to the vending machine to get the younger boy's request. He makes it back in the nick of time, sparing just a few minutes for Sehun to finish off the drink before class could start. 

The teacher comes in as Sehun sits down after throwing away the now-empty canned coffee. Their teacher, another Mr. Kim (Sehun used to marvel at just how many Kims he knew. The name, he mused, was much too common in this area) walks in and puts his attendance book down, but doesn't open it like he does every other day. Instead, he looks up, his reddish-black hair sweeping into his eyes as he smiles. "Class," he begins. He has everyone's attention, being a young teacher with charming appeal, he doesn't even need to speak to grab hold of it. "We have a new student."

The whispering starts immediately. A new student was uncommon in this kind of wealthy school since not many people could actually afford the tuition fee without a) a scholarship or b) owning quite a few companies. For example, Sehun's father is chairman, but his mother is also a famous fashion designer with her own label and several lines. Jongin had gotten in through a scholarship, his intelligence winning the favor of the schoolboard and with the help of Sehun and his family, he'd easily been accepted. Sehun begins to wonder how this new kid got in. 

In walks the new-kid in question. He has a confident stride as he makes his way to the desk in front to stand next to Mr. Kim. He turns to smile at the rest of the class, and Sehun squints his eyes in suspicion. There's something about this boy. His hair is dyed blond, like Sehun's, except a bit lighter shade than his. His eyes are sharp and they have a shine in them, almost like a searchlight. He's extremely tall, his figure is thin and agile, and his bare arms show a slight muscular bulge. He's handsome, Sehun mentally admits to himself. And then the boy locks eyes with Sehun, and he squirms in his seat. His stare is uncanny and almost...hungry. He does not take his eyes off Sehun.

After what seems like an eternity, but is really only a few seconds, Mr. Kim waves his hand at the boy and says to the class, "Everyone, this is Huang Zi Tao. He's transferred from China, so please be kind and patient with him. And please welcome him."

Mr. Kim starts to look around and Sehun realizes his situation. The class is full and the only empty seat is the one to the right of him. He gulps. He feels nervous, but he's not sure why. "Tao, you can take a seat next to Sehun there. Sehun, can you raise your hand please?"

He raises his hand slowly, breathing hard. Tao stares at him the whole way to his new desk. "Hi." He says and puts out a hand. Sehun shakes it, trying to stop his trembling. Tao's voice has a sort of melodic, but raspy tone to it and Sehun thinks it's rather nice to hear. However, he can't help but feel a knot of fear as he replies with a quiet, "Hey."

It's his appearance, he thinks to himself. Tao has this look to him that makes him appear high and mighty, an almost dangerous aura that Sehun is uncomfortable with. He settles back into his seat and tries to pay attention in class, but he's ultimately distracted. A couple times, he feels the other boy's eyes on him. He tries catching him staring out of the corner of his eyes, but to no avail. In truth, it must be that Tao isn't even looking at him. It's paranoia, he tells himself. Simply an emotion he's never felt before and will have to dispel before it gets out of hand. 

The day passes like normal and he's almost excited to get out of here as fast as he possibly can. He doesn't mind school that much, so this sort of escaping energy is unusual for him. Mr. Kim (the driver) picks up him and Jongin, who often rides back home with Sehun, but not to school. Jongin lives in a small house next to the Oh's, for his father's convenience mostly. Sehun gets dropped off in front of the manor and waves goodbye to Jongin as they drive away. 

The double doors are opened for him by his butler, Wu Yi Fan, who had heard the car approach the driveway. "Welcome back, young master." Sehun nods at him and stops in his tracks, because in front of him is a familiar face. The mess of blond hair, the sharp, coal-black eyes, the dark aura. 

"Sehun." A deep voice calls him from the bottom of the stairwell. It's his father, his stern face silencing Sehun before he can utter a sound. 

"Yes, father?" Sehun asks, still wondering why the hell he's seeing who he's seeing. 

His father walks up to him and whispers to him in private. "There's been report of a danger to the family." Sehun's eyes widen in shock, but he remains quiet. His father steps back and puts a hand on Tao's shoulder, who smiles at Sehun. "Sehun, we've hired a bodyguard for you. I'm sure you met him at school today. Your mother and I are sorry for not telling you sooner, however with things the way they are, Zi Tao will be living with us until," he coughs, "matters are more settled. Understand?"

Sehun can only nod. His father leaves the two of them alone, thinking that introductions between the two should be made more informally, and once he's gone, Sehun's drops his school bag onto the floor, his heart unable to take this many changes in one day. His legs shake a little and he falls onto his knees.

He's used to his routine. Used to everything being, well, normal. This kind of thing happening to him? He wouldn't take it. Who was Huang Zi Tao to barge into his unchanging lifestyle and decide to mold himself into it? Tao walks up quickly and picks up the bag, not even handing it over to Sehun but instead holding onto it for him. 

"Are you okay?" He asks in a hushed voice. He kneels beside Sehun and his eyebrow turns up in worry. But Sehun doesn't care. He doesn't care how genuine he sounds, how concerned he is. 

He looks up at his new bodyguard and gives him the coldest glare he can muster. "Leave me alone." He says, and he stands up to walk straight to his room, leaving the other boy confused and alone. 

Tao watches his 'client' head up the stairs without even once turning back and the moment he's out of line of sight, he smirks to himself because this is the man he has to protect. They're going to be stuck with each other for a long while and Tao knows how to make the tides turn. 

 

 

A/N Hi everyone! I'm super excited about writing this fic! Though the idea, for now, is basic, I'm really happy that I can finally write a longer ship fic, especially since TaoHun is MY OTP FOR LIFE!!!! I'm sad to say that my updates will be slow because life T.T But :) I'm glad to have it started for now. Please upvote or subscribe if the story sounds good so far! That would be amazing support and encouragement for me to continue the story and update as fast as I can :) Thank you so much