[ARC1.7] Trap

ONCE 사랑에 빠졌다

It's been an hour since we lost Jongup. I look down at my smartphone as I watch the tracker move on map. The blinking circle keeps moving and isn't stopping any time soon. Jongup is still on the move and so are we. We were able to contact a local police force and gain a means of transportation. Yongguk is behind the wheels of a Kia Optima and I'm seated on the passenger's seat keeping up with Jongup's tracker. We're only 20 minutes behind but it's better than not moving.

"Has he stopped yet?" Yongguk asks me.

"No," I reply. "But... wait..."

"What?"

"He's stopped."

"Where?"

"Let me check."

With a few slides of my finger, I adjust the screen and learn of the exact location.

"Amidong i-ga"

"Are you sure?"

"That's where his tracker's stopped. Either he's already where Jeon Nomin is or he removed his tracker. In any case, we know where his tracker is and he must be within the area."

"We'll be there in ten minutes."

➳➳➳➳➳

"Okay, sir. I understand." I say as I hung up the call on my smartphone.

"What did the chief say?"

"He said that he's asking the local police force to back us up. And we'll have to wait for his orders before we move. He said to just monitor Jongup's movement."

Yongguk nods in understanding as he opens up his laptop which he placed on top of the desk. We rented a room in an Inn and let's just say we didn't get a good look from the owner. I guess she thought we were a couple. Do we give off that vibe? We do have a history but... it's not like I see a future with him. 

Yongguk and I stay silent for the next hour as we wait for the local police. He's busy typing away on his laptop while I go through the criminal files on the smugglers and their connection to counterfeiting millions of won that have been used to be able to purchase weapons that threaten the security of South Korea. A case as big as this, will I be able to handle this? I worry if I'll be able to do well in this operation because just by looking at how much I failed during the stake out at the warehouse, I wasn't exactly the MVP.

"Stop it," Yongguk suddenly tells me.

"Stop what?"

"What you're thinking."

"Oh? And what exactly am I thinking?"

Yongguk turns his body in order to face me and look at me straight in the eyes. 

"You're worried about your performance. It's very 'Kim Himchan' of you."

"Stop talking as if you know me so well."

"I know you well enough."

"No, you don't. You keep acting like you're a know-it-all but deep down you're hiding your own secrets, aren't you?"

"Who says I'm keeping any secrets?"

"There it is!" I point my finger at him. "You're hiding things. This... this defense mechanism you're using on yourself to turn questions about you around. You're hiding something and you're not telling me."

"I'm not hiding anything..."

​​​I stand up frustrated. I grab Bang Yongguk by the collar of his dress shirt and close the distance between us. A few inches away from his face, with annoyance emmitting from me.

"Who exactly are you, Bang Yongguk? What are you hiding?"

There's something about the way he's looking at me. He seems to be... yes... he's finally surrendering to me! Finally, I've gotten control over Bang Yongguk for once! He looks to be drained by me that he telling me to let go of him and that he'll talk. This is a victorious moment for me. Yongguk sits down on the bed and I remain standing up. Although inside I'm celebrating, he doesn't look too pleased. Did I go too far today?

"My name isn't Bang Yongguk."

"What?"

Not exacly what I was expecting.

"My name is Ban Yongguk. I changed my last name when I turned fifteen in order to not be associated with my family."

I sit down on the desk chair as I take in the information he's giving me. The name change is not entirely shocking but...

"My grandfather is Ban Kimoon..."

...THIS is.

"YOUR GRANDFATHER?!"

Yongguk suddenly stands up and covers my mouth with one hand and grasps the back of my head with his other hand. 

"Shut up! Do you want the whole world to hear you?" Yongguk says to me. 

He lets go and I collect my thoughts. 

"Your grandfather is the Secretary-General of the United Nations... that Ban Kimoon?!"

Yongguk nods. WOW. This is a secret I didn't expect. Also, I didn't expect Yongguk to be able to tell me so easily. Why would he tell me though? Well, I did pester him about it but he could have just lied and said something else.

"Why? Why change your name?" I ask him.

"He may be my grandfather but we're not exactly on good terms. I didn't want to be associated with him. And so... I changed my last name. I just wanted to protect myself, too."

"Protect yourself? From what?"

"..."

Yongguk didn't answer me. Instead, he sat back down on the bed and placed his hands on his face, trying to contain the emotions that have been building up since he was fifteen. I can see he wanted to reveal that secret to someone. 

"Why tell me this?" 

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Yeah..."

He stands up again and walks towards me slowly. He's leaning in. Is he... going to kiss me again? If he is... why am I not pushing him away? What am I doing? He's closing his eyes and... I'm closing mine. At that one crucial moment where I could feel his breath and our lips almost touched, someone knocked on the door and the two of us pulled away fast. We both coughed in awkwardness and shame. What were we doing? Our emotions got the better of us. We're on a mission and we should act like it.

"This is the Local Police Force. Please open up."

With Yongguk already standing, he obliged to open the door. He lets in three men. One that looks to be our age, the other two seem to be in their mid-30s. But with the way they're dressed, they don't seem to be from the local police station. With dirtied hands and not showing us their ID? Wait, this looks to be... it's a TRAP!

"Bang Yongguk, watch out!"

The men turned out to be enemies. Jeon Nomin probably knows that we're here. I'm fighting two of the men and swinging punches left and right but I'm not fast enough to beat them. Yongguk is fighting off the 20-year old and having difficulty. One of the men grabs me by the neck and locks me in his arm. The other man covers my mouth with a handkerchief with a unique smell. I'm screaming and trying to free myself but my body is getting weaker by the second I smell the aroma on the handkerchief. 

My eyesight is getting blurry and I can see Yongguk getting beat up as he shouts my name. I hear him call for me...

"Himchan! Kim Himchan!"

I want to reply but I have no control over my body anymore. I'm being dragged outside and Yongguk continues to be punched and kicked. My eyes are locked on his...

...and before I knew it...

I'm unconscious.

TO BE CONTINUED...

➳➳➳➳➳

Author's Note

DISCLAIMER: Bang Yongguk is not related to Ban Kimoon in real life at all. I just used it for the story. 

Thank you for showing your excitement towards my fic! I'm glad that a lot of you are enjoying the story. I'm enjoying it, too. :> I have to admit that this chapter is a little bit unplanned. I didn't expect Himchan to be kidnapped until the next chapter but somehow I felt like the should be here. I know you want some more Himchan and Yongguk romance action but your true self comes out when the one person you love is being hurt, right? So, this is what it's about. When Himchan and Yongguk just looked at each other even while Himchan was going unconscious... I hope you witnessed their feelings even though I didn't write it :)) 

COMMENT! SUBSCRIBE! UPVOTE! SHARE~~~ Spread the BangHim love ;D

Special mention to my new upvoters: bbangcockcity, Yuki8D, hyunnieprincess