[ARC1.8] Weapon

ONCE 사랑에 빠졌다

I smell smoke. But, it's not like fire... it's the scent of burning leaves. Am I in a forest? I don't hear any animals. I do hear the voices of a couple of men. They're accented. By the way their tone is deepening at the end of their sentences, I immediatly deduct the men are native in Busan. I groan in pain as I feel the aches on my arms and legs that are tied. My head is throbbing as I open my eyes.

"Ah, the young rookie is awake."

His voice sounds familiar. Whose voice is this? I look up to see who the is the man speaking to me. I'm... in shock.

"Ch-chief?"

In front of me... the man I'm supposed to trust... the man sitting opposite of me with a gun in one hand. He's leaning on the chair's arm and puffing a thinly wrapped cigarette.

"Too bad you didn't lose your memory. Since you still remember who I am, there's a lesser chance of you coming out of here alive."

"What's the meaning of this? Why are you--"

"Don't ask stupid questions. We've trained you better than that."

He stands up and grabs me by the neck and pulls me in closer. He puffs his cigarette and blows the smoke on my face. He's testing my patience... he's wondering if I'll weaken in front of him. I know I mustn't. He just smiles and sits back down. 

"To save you the trouble of asking, Kim Himchan, I'm obviously here for money. But... it's more than just money now."

He takes out a photo that was hidden in his pocket. He places it on my lap. I now notice that my entire body is tied with rope. These men tied me up too well, it's hard to escape. I stop to focus on the photo that's on my lap and it's a photo of Bang Yongguk and Bang Yongguk? Wait, what?

"I see that you're confused. Alright, let me make this much simpler for you," Kim Byeong-ok starts, "Yongguk is a twin. His brother's name is Yongnam. These two are Ban Kimoon's grandchildren. Do you understand so far?"

"..."

"You're not the best at conversation, are you?"

"Why am I here?"

Kim Byeong-ok chuckles. He stands up and grabs hold of my chin. He digs his finger nails onto my skin like knife blades. 

"You... I don't know what Bang Yongguk sees in you but I shall take advantage of that."

"What are you going on about?"

He lets go of my chin but I feel a stinging pain. Am I bleeding? It doesn't matter now. I'm probably going to die soon if I don't think of a way of escaping. The chief--no... he's not my chief any longer--he looks like he has more to say. He turns around again to look at me and I assume he's going to speak agai--.

He punched me right in the face. I can feel the blood rush to my left cheek and I can taste the blood on my lips.

"Let's see how far I can damage you, rookie, before I see you as useless." 

He cleans his bloody fist with his handkerchief before sitting back down on his chair. He hands the handkerchief to one of his men standing behind him. Kim Byeong-ok crosses his legs and starts again.

"I can't promise you'll stay alive, kid, but I assure you... I won't do anything else... not until your precious partner arrives."

So he wants Yongguk to save me. This is his plan. He needs Yongguk and he will use him. I need to escape so Yongguk won't be in danger... but how can I do this? Kim Byeong-ok snaps his fingers and one of his men brings out duct tape. The man places the duct tape over my mouth.

"Yongguk already told you his last name is Ban. Do you know why he changed his last name?"

With the duct tape over my mouth, I can only make muffled noises. I glare at Kim Byeong-ok and curse him over and over. Although I'm terrified I must not show it or he'll use it against me. I have to use my NIS training skills. I need... I need to get out of here.

"Maybe I should start from the beginning. Ban Yongguk and Ban Yongnam were born from an experiment created by a special team in the UN. These test tube twins were adopted by Ban Kimoon and have been training since they were a year old. Highly intelligent, highly skilled, highly trainaible and highly dangerous. Yongguk went rogue starting the age of fifteen. Although the UN ignored him for a while thinking they could make do with one of the twins, they decided they wanted Yongguk back. There are threats coming from North Korea. If Yongguk bands together with his brother, they'll be unbeatable weapons and the UN needs that. If I'm able to sell Yongguk to the North..." he pauses.

He starts laughing completely enjoying the idea of selling off a person.

"I'll be a billionaire. No, not even. I'll be the richest and most powerful man in the world! I'll have North Korea and the U.N on the palm of my hand."

He finishes up his cigarette and instead of flicking it away, he stands and digs the cigarette on my arm. The pain is difficult to bear and I scream at the top of my lungs. I feel the burning pain on my arm. I look down and there's a noticeable red burn mark. 

"If you're just as important to Bang Yongguk as I think you are... at least you won't die alone. Hahahaha!" 

His laugh echoes as he leaves. I am left alone with a couple of henchmen watching over me. I look back into my training. What are the basics, Kim Himchan? What are they? If you've been hostaged, look around for landmarks or signs of light. Check your surroundings. I'm inside a dark room full of crates. The only source of light is the lightbub swinging above me and the small window above head. What do the crates read? I try to focus and the crates read crabs. I smell the sea so I must be at a warehouse near the sea. If these crates are full of crabs, then they must smuggle the and conterfeit money in these crates. One of the henchmen notices my wandering eyes and grab me by the throat.

"What the f-ck are you doing? I should grab a knife and stab your eyes out."

He looks at his partner and signals him to get something. The partner leaves for a while and comes back with an empty potato sack. They cover my head and tie a rope around it. I'm almost choking but am able to breathe... for now. 

 

TO BE CONTINUED...

➳➳➳➳➳

Author's Note

DISCLAIMER: Bang Yongguk is not related to Ban Kimoon in real life at all. I just used it for the story. 

Hi. I've actually had the draft of this chapter ready for about a month now. I just didn't post it because a tragic event happened recently (maybe not recently but it's still fresh). If you want to know about it, you can just go to my blog here. But in case you don't really care (lol), it's fine, too. I'm glad you're still patiently waiting. Thank you! 

I want to know what you think will happen next!! If you comment, it might happen. You never know. I read everything you guys comment!

COMMENT! SUBSCRIBE! UPVOTE! SHARE~~~ Spread the BangHim love ;D

Special mention to my new upvoters: YourKpopFanjunniekaiOpheliac