Chapter 4

The Reason Why (*HIATUS*)

 

  You guys were about to go to the rooftop;one of the usual place of you and the others spend your free time during school.You kept wondering why the teachers were always busy teaching other class whilst they didn't seem to bother about your class and the principal also did the same.It's such a waste that you had to spend your time in school.It is always same as usual; bored to death.
 
   Okay,back to the story,the three of you were about to go to the rooftop,suddenly;Miss Shin,the excellent music teacher,asked for help.She wanted the three of you to teach her student how to dance; you gaped and eyes widened slightly.Dance?You accidentally let out a heavy sigh,but not Lay and Tao.Especially Tao.His eyes lit up and his face was literally glowing.It's like there was a spotlight was directly directed towards him.He rubs both of his hand together with a mysterious smile pasted on his face.Because of him,you and Lay had to agree to help Miss Shin.
 
“You owe me,Tao” you murmured while glaring at him with his suspicious-looking smile.You sighed and walked towards the class.
 
    Your jaw and Lay's literally dropped.Both of you were standing at the entrance of the studio while looking at the rest of the student.It's like a thousand difference between your classmates and them.They were very disciplined and polite unlike your class of course; but you preferred yours just the way it is.You can see their eyes were sparkling when they looked at the three of you.It's like you and the rest of Exo were their idol.You made an eye contact with Lay.I don't wanna do this,you pouted.Neither do I,Lay made a face.Both of you let out a heavy sigh.
 
    “Let's do it quickly.Just be patient”whispered Lay to your ear.

   “This is all because of Tao..Yah Tao...”you frowned when you realised Tao was not standing behind you.You looked at Lay but he just shrugged.
 
    “Okay...Let's do this!”both of you threw a look at Tao who was standing beside Miss Shin;ready for the dance.Both of you let out a sigh for the hundredth time.You trudged towards him followed by Lay behind you.You accidentally flipped your hair;making the guys gape widely.They bagan to coo and calling out to you; you purse your lips,trying to ignore the annoying sound.
 
  “Ready?”Miss Shin raised her eyebrow at you when she saw your face.You forced yourself to crack a smile at her.You just nodded while giving a sharp glare at Tao.
 
 You took a deep breath to get more immersed in the song.You were going next after Lay.He's a really good dancer, well he was always a good dancer.You can't stop staring at him for a second and you didn't even realised that it's your turn until Tao gave you a little nudge.You stared at him with a confused expression.Then, you quickly realised that everyone was waiting for you.You stood and walked toward Lay.He gave you a gentle smile.
 
    “Can I ask for volunteers to dance with me?”you asked Miss Shin.She nodded and smiled at you.You eyed the others in front of you.Some of them were staring at the floor;avoiding your gaze.Your eyes captured a girl with a blonde and curly hair.Your eyes met her and she nodded;standing up and walked towards you.You called another four girls and they were standing beside you;hearing your explaination.All of you took your position.You turned around and looked at them before turning back around.
 
    “Okay.I'm just going to sing but the girls behind me will dance according the song.The song that I choose may be a little cheesy because I choose it randomly but I hope you guys will enjoy it...It's called 'I choose to love you' by Hyorin" you bowed before taking the microphone that Tao was handed you earlier.You sat beside Lay who was already at the piano;waiting for your instruction.You gave him a little nudge;telling him to move.He frowned when you shoved him from the seat.Now,it's only the two of you who were sitting in front of the piano.
 
  "Mind giving me a little help?" you asked sarcastically while looking at both of them.They quickly walked towards you and you handed the mic to Tao.He nudged Lay;asking him to grab the stand for the mic.Then,he placed the mic at the stand while Lay placed it beside you and adjusted it for you.You took a deep breath before your fingers started running on the piano.Then you began to sing.
 
 
  You closed your eyes while singing and playing the piano.You thought they might laugh at you because of the song.It was a simple song that you could only remember.You love that song because your mom will sing it for you at night.It's kind of a lullaby for you.When you moved here,you'll always play the song on your ipod repeatedly until you fall asleep.
 
   When the song ended,your ears captured a big applause behind and in front of you.Your eyes shot open when you heard a soft giggled behind you.You turned around and saw Chanyeol was covering Luhan's mouth tightly.Luhan looked like he was holding in his laughter.You pouted and stomped your feet.Chanyeol's eyes widened when he saw you were heading to him.
 
   "Luhan!! Stop laughing!" Suho hissed at Luhan's ears but Luhan ignored it and continued giggling.You held your fist tightly.You were standing in front of him;watching him laughing.He lifted his head and gaped when he saw you.
 
   "Anything funny?Do you want to share it with me?" you raised a brow while asking in a sarcastic tone.He shook his head multiple times and stood straight.You turned to look at Miss Shin and the 'audience'.
 
   "I think I'm done here..Thank you Miss Shin for giving me a chance.Your students are amazing...I hope they will replace me at the Excellent Class."you bowed at them and picked your backpack before heading towards the door.You didn't look back at them and kept on walking.
~~
~~
 
You let out a heavy sigh while whistling around.You looked at a couple of birds that were busy flying around.You were spending your time on the rooftop without bothering to come to the studio to practice the new song for the performance.You will spend hours on the rooftop;trying to get some ideas if you were busy writing your new song.This is the only place that had captured your heart when you first saw it.It's like a second home for you.
 
   You lifted your head when you heard sounds of footsteps heading towards the door.The door banged open and you let out a relievedsigh.It's Kai.A worried expression was craved on his face.He jogged towards you and sat beside you.His sweat was dripping on the floor and he didn't even bother to wipe it.You continue lying on the floor and staring up at the sky.There's nothing around you guys except an awkward silent.
 
   "So...you are going to spend your time here?"You turned to face him and raised your eyebrow."What kind of question is that?" you scoffed.He chuckled and ruffled your waist-length hair.You smacked his hand away and shot an annoyed glare at him."Why are you so serious today?Are you having your 'day'?" he looked at you with a confused expression on his face.You frowed."My day?What is that?"you saw him rubbing the back of his neck and giving you an awkward look
 
  "Ahh..you know..girls day.."he mumbled while playing with his fingers.Your cheeks became hotter and you grabbed your backpack and threw at him without hesistant.He almost jumped because of that.Luckily,he had caught it before it slammed on his charming face."So I guess it's right.." he cooed with a smirk on his face.You shoved him away."Ohh..shut up!"you yelled;covering your red cheeks with both of your hands.
 
  "So..." "Shut your mouth before I shut it for you"you threw a glare at him but he just giggled.You pinched his lap hard and hoped there'll be a mark there.He whined while rubbing his lap but that couldn't cause him to stop grinning.You stood and ran after him but you knew that you'll never catch him.He was so damn fast and a good runner.
 
  As you were busy chasing him,you accidentally tripped on your own on foot and almost stumbled because of that.He caught you and both of you stumbled back;lying in front of the door.You shivered a little when your eyes met him.There was no gap between his body and yours while his arms were wrapped securely around your waist.The door suddenly opened and you saw Suho poking his head.You were about to let out a relieved sigh when suddenly; the door was pushed by someone else and it opened widely.Their jaw dropped as they saw you and Kai were lying on the floor with you on top of him.
 
  "I guess we came at the wrong time.Sorry for interrupting both of you.Take your time;finishing what you guys did before.And then just come to the studio.All of us are waiting there..Enjoy.."Baekhyun smiled and slowly closed the door.But Kai stopped it with his foot.He sat and kicked the door open.You were sittting on his lap while frowning at him.
 
   "This is not like you guys though.She tripped on her foot and I just caught her;saving her from falling"he looked at you and you nodded quickly;trying to convinced the others.Kai stood up and offered over his hand to help you stand.You held it and tried to stand but you fell when you felt something wrong.It seems like you had sprained your ankle.The others quickly jogged towards you; especially Baekhyun.
 
  "I'm fine.."you swapped his hand when he tried to carry you.You knew that you couldn't even walk but you also won't let him carry you in front of the student even though you're wearing your skinny denim jeans.You grabbed the edge of Kai's jacket; trying to pull yourself up but then you fell again."Okay,that's it.I won't be patient anymore.."Sehun slipped his arms under your knees and back and carried you bridal style as he walked;heading downstairs.
 
  "We're going to my house.I'll call my personal doctor to come and check your ankle.."Lay said while taking out his phone from his jacket."Sehun.."you looked at him;whining if that's the only way that he will put you down.You rather walk than staying in his arms;letting him carry you in front of the students who admired him very much.They might kill you if they can."Stop giving me that pity face.I won't put you down.."he said coldly.You sighed.
 
  "But to think twice,just rest your arms behind my neck and close your eyes,Pretend that you fainted..It'll help.."he whispered to your ears.You just smiled slyly and did as told.But you didn't even realise that you really fell asleep.You felt a soft kiss planted on your forehead with a ruffle on your hair.