Chapter 3

The Reason Why (*HIATUS*)

 

 

 

You were nibbling a green apple in your hand while Kai smacked Sehun's hand away that was trying to steal of his food from his lunch tray. You saw some of the girls at the cafeteria glaring at you guys, maybe just you; though some smiled and giggled. You knew what had got their attention away. It's the new student;Luhan.His full name is simply Luhan.You had to admit that Luhan has a cute face.His skin are white and smooth and his doe eyes would melt anyone. You can't stop staring at him when he sat in front of you. You saw the girls heading towards your table. They were standing behind Luhan and smiled at you when they met your eyes. You forced on a fake smile on your face.

  "Hey..are you new here?"the blonde one tried to make a conversation with Luhan.He smiled awkwardly and tried to make himself comfortable when the girl suddenly shoved Tao aside who was sitting beside him.She quickly sat beside Luhan and stared at him like he was an alien with three heads; except that she was smiling of course.

Tao choked on his food;he grabbed your water and drank it down.You just shook your head,didn't bother about it.You grinned when you saw Luhan trying to avoid the girl's gazes which seems to be permanently glued on him.He gave Kai a sign to help him but Kai just pretended that he didn't saw it and continued shoving more food in his mouth.Then,he looked at you.Your heart slowly melt when he gave you his puppy face, those round doe eyes, his lips pressed into a small hopeful look.You held your breath and cleared you throat.

  "Luhan,do you want to follow me?I'm going to the studio..."you said while glancing at Kai who quickly finishes his food.He stood beside you and looked at the others.They had already finished their food and wanted to follow you along.Luhan quickly stood up and smiled awkwardly at the blonde girl before running towards you.He kept rubbing the back of his neck while walking beside you and you realised that he wanted to thanked you for helping him.But you didn't ask as you continued making your way to the studio.

                                                                                               ***

  "It's not like that!"you yanked and swatted Chanyeol's hand.You tugged your hair in frustation when you realised that Chanyeol purposely made mistakes.He smirked when you finally headed to Baekhyun and sat beside him instead.Baekhyun patted your hair and gave you a gentle smile that comforted you a lot.

   "I hate you" you stuck your tongue and pouted and he softly giggled after he heard that. 

    You and the rest of Exo were spending your free time at the studio;singing,sleeping and doing something useless.Kai was sleeping at the sofa beside you.His feet was busy kicking something at the end of the sofa;maybe he's dreaming.You and Baekhyun just shrugged;seeing him like that. While Chanyeol and Chen were busy playing around as usual;like a three year old kids.Meanwhile,Lay and Sehun were dancing around to some music.
 
   Luhan was sitting on the floor;scrolling through something in his phone.He sometimes cracks a smile on his face.You're wondering what made him smile like that.You were resting in Baekyun's embrace and looked over his iPad.He was playing Plant vs Zombie ever so diligently.Seriously?You let out a heavy sigh when there's nothing you can do.Everyone was busy doing their own activities.You finally laid your head on Baekhyun's lap while fiddling his fingers playfully.
 
   "Baek..."you whined;trying to attract his attention.He just gave you a little hum without even looking at you for a second.You snorted while rubbing your nose.
 
   “Baekkie...”your bite his finger a little.He finally put his iPad down and giving his full attention to you.He your hair and that made you yawned; you can't deny the fact you love being pampered.You swatted his hand and grabbed it.You placed his hand on yours.Heol...his hand is bigger than mine.Luhan headed towards the two of you.He lifted both of your legs and put it on his lap before sitting beside Baekhyun.You frooze for a second.
 
    “You have a skinny legs”he said while busy examing you legs.You didn't even bother answering and kept playing with Baekhyun's hands; his fingers are long and slender, they were beautiful.The three of you shared an awkward silent.Kai suddenly made a weird sound and you almost jumped when you heard something that sounds like a puppy whining.
 
     “He is having a weird dream..”you said while lifting your head;looking at Kai who continues snoring up a storm.Suddenly Lay,Chen Chanyeol and the others ran toward you guys and sat at the same sofa as the three of you.Baekhyun scoffed and grabbed your waist;putting you up on his lap to make room for the others.They shoved each other and Sehun accidentally fell on Kai's body.
 
   His eyes shot open when he felt a heavy weight and pain on his chest.Kai lifted his head and saw Sehun was sitting on his chest;smiling awkwardly.Everyone froze;waiting for his reaction.After a second,he let out a loud yelp while pushing Sehun harshly onto the floor.You covered both of your ears because the sounds was aching your eardrums.
 
   “Damn it!Are you try to kill me?”he rubbed his right eye while mumbling.Then,he lied back on the sofa and within a minute,he continued sleeping like nothing had happen.Sehun let out a relieved sigh when he saw that.The important thing that you should know about Kai is,never to wake him up when he's sleeping,unless there's something important that he should know.Something about life and death.If you don't..he might just kill you without listening your reasons;you looked around and giggled.Chen was sitting on Chanyeol's lap who was sitting on Xiumin's lap.Xiumin was the only one who was sitting on the sofa beside you and Baekhyun.
 
  Sehun quickly took the chance when he saw you lifting yourself up from Baekhyun's lap and sat on the sofa.He ran towards Baekhyun and sat on his lap.Unfortunately,Baekhyun realised it early and pushed him off.Sehun ended up sitting on the floor of the studio.His eyebrows were pinched together while rubbing his .
 
   “Hyung!You're so cruel...It hurts a lot!”he yelped while pretended to rub fake tears.Baekhyun pouted and laughter erupted between all of you guys.Suddenly,Suho put his finger on his lip and make a shush sound.He threw a sidelong-look at Kai,who was still sleeping.You made an eye contact with Lay and Tao;they were busy packing their things.You raised your eyebrows when Lay met your eyes.He was pointing at the rooftop.That made you stood up and picked up your backpack as you followed suit.