Penchant

You're Beautiful

 

 

                                                                     PENCHANT      

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

ლ   Hyuna    ლ

Hours passed, Hyuna's crying had gradually turned into small sobs, until she was only sniffing, burying herself further in the boy's embrace. His hug never loosened as he began to hum a soft melody into her ears. 

He had been in love with her ever since the first day of school even if he hadn't known her at the time. He, Xi Luhan, a part of EXO M, titled the 'cute prince' had actually been bewitched by Kim Hyena, the fattest, ugliest girl in school.

This wasn't the first time he had approached her, but even the countless of times before that. Luhan had always known where she'd head to in order to cry her heart out. He always knew where she was. Until that heartbreaking day, two years ago, she went missing and not even her ex best friend, Oh Sehun, knew her whereabouts.

But now, it didn't matter because she was back. At the first moment Luhan saw that picture of her, he knew there was something familiar, he could tell. And then, the moment he finally met her, person to person, he figured it out. She was Kim Hyena, the girl he had been in love with so dearly. And now she was back.

In the past, Luhan had once promised himself that he ever saw Hyena again, he would confess to her. He'd finally let her know the love he had for her. That he would always protect her from any kind of harm, be it emotional or physical.

"Whether you are Kim Hyuna or Kim Hyena, you will always be the only one I love," Luhan whispered once she was asleep in his embrace. Luhan couldn't stop smiling to himself as he watched how cute Hyuna was. Her sleeping still hadn't changed. She would always bawl her eyes out until tiredness took over and finally bring her the escape from reality.

Slowly withdrawing his arms from Hyuna, Luhan got up and lifted her bridal style. 

"You're so light now," Luhan chuckled, as he made his way to his car, glancing down to the sleeping girl. Luhan gently placed Hyuna into his passenger seat before buckling her seatbelt. Luhan planted a kiss on her forehead, made his way to the driver seat before driving off.

 

ლ   V   ლ

V saw everything. He'd seen it, heard it. From afar, he watched Luhan hugged the crying Hyuna, he'd seen Luhan confess his love for her and even the small peck on the forehead as he got her inside his car.

V had been looking for her out of worry. The moment he'd seen Sehun's body all lifeless and Hyuna was nowhere in sight. He'd remembered how Hyuna once told him she would always find a hiding place once she reached her limit and needed to cry. V hadn't expected someone to beat him to it.

"This drama has just turn more interesting," V smirked and walked away from where he had been standing.

 

ლ   Hyuna & Luhan   ლ

Hyuna smiled into the comforter, once she felt herself coming back to consciousness.

"'morning, princess." Luhan greeted, cupping the side of her face. In an instant, at the foreign voice, Hyuna's eyes shot open.

"Luhan!" exclaimed Hyuna, launching up from the bed. "Where am I? Why are you here?"

Then the confused girl started looking at her surroundings and finally realised that she'd never been to this place before. This wasn't her home!

The boy chuckled at her anxiousness, "My house."

"This isn't funny," she punched him lightly on his arm. In the past, this would always be how the two of them behaved when they were alone and Hyuna had stopped crying.

“Why did you bring me here?” asked Hyuna, turning to look at him.

“You fell asleep after crying. Well, I thought you wouldn't want to go back to class… so I brought you here.” Luhan explained, staring at her as she was quiet.

After a few moments, Hyuna laid back in bed still deep in thought. Luhan smiled at her actions. It was amusing.

“How– how did you know?” asked the girl, turning on her pillow to face him. 

"Because I love you. Even though you changed." Luhan confessed out of sincerity, inching his face closer to hers, taking in the way she was still staring at him.

Then Hyuna bursted out laughing.

"Serious doesn't suit you." she managed to say between her laughter.

Suddenly, Luhan rolled on top of her, pinning Hyuna down on the bed.

"I'm serious." Luhan said, unsmiling and leaning down.

Hyuna's breath hitched and her body froze in an instant.

"I am serious when I said I love you." he whispered darkly, "I'm serious when I told you I've always loved you, even back then."

Luhan's eyes met Hyuna's. He'd always loved her eyes, they were so mesmerising. He loved that the most about her. He leaned down until the tip of their noses touched. Luhan could sense the giddiness radiating from her. However, this was a change he must take in order to prove how serious he was about her.

His hand found her face and the tips of his fingers were gentle on her cheek. Luhan could feel her nervous breath on his lips and he leaned so their forehead touched. Hyuna drew in a sharp breath.

This was the first time in her life to have anyone this close to her. Nobody ever wanted to be close to her and yet Luhan would always be there to hug her, even as Kim Hyena. His lips were so close to hers now, only an inch apart.

Luhan smiled. This was his chance.

“Kim Hyena, I love you.” he drew his lips up and kissed her forehead. “Whether you are going to be Kim Hyena or Kim Hyuna, my love for you remains the same. I’m not going to hide like a coward, I won't hide behind anything. I'm going to stand in front of you and protect you like a real man should.” 

Luhan then gave her quick final peck on the lips and got off of her, falling back onto his side. He tugged her close.

Hyuna was still dumbfounded. What just happened? Luhan confessed to her for real? He just confessed to Kim Hyena and yet he was willing to accept the new her as well. Both Hyena and Hyuna were her, but even she couldn't love Hyena the way Luhan did. Everybody hated Hyena. All Kim Hyena ever did was cry and never defended herself. The weakness of Kim Hyena was what she hated the most.

Now, as Kim Hyuna, she needed to protect Kim Hyena from ever getting hurt again. She needed to be strong and hide Hyena the best she could. She needed to fend any harm from the other her, never allowing anyone to touch the weak Kim Hyena again.

Luhan loved Hyena.

"No," she decided, "I’m not your Hyena. I'm not Kim Hyena, I’m Kim Hyuna." 

To prove the point, Hyuna launched up from the bed and stood straight on her feet. 

"I am no longer the weak Kim Hyena. I no longer cry after getting bullied, after getting hurt. I, Kim Hyuna, does not need anyone to protect Hyena. I can protect her myself." Hyuna announced, gaze boring intot he stunned Luhan.

"Thank you for loving Kim Hyena," said the girl, "But she no longer exists."

With that, casting the last look at the boy, Hyuna left.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Author's note:

                                                                             

Yes, finally an update from me. I’m very busy with all the Chinese New Year celebration following up with fever attacking me. But I’m back and I will continue my update whenever I’m free. But because I have quite a number of assessments on hand from my school so I may not able to update as fast as I thought but I will try.
And I really want to thank one of my friends Hyunafans4ever to actually advertise this story and attracts soooooo many readers. And I also got one co-author, jin-ai. She will be ‘beta-ing’ the story like grammar, tenses and typos. I know how bad my English is and I’m still on improving stage. So do give her some time to do the correction.
I never knew that this story will receive so much attention and interests so many readers. I will do my best to maintain this story and not to spoil it. How the story will turn out I’m not sure. But I can tell you, I’m an author that loves to prank my readers and some readers that had been reading my work knew that too.
Back to the floor, I just got one reader got the guessing right. And the mystery guy is Xi Lu Han. The very first chapter I actually give a clue. How can he actually find that picture look so familiar to him if he wasn’t close to Hyuna? (OK. Sorry, my pranking habits happen again.) 
I will stop here, do remember to comment and tell me what you think.

ヾ(◜▿‾ 三 ‾▿◝)ノ
9/2/2014 (beta-ed!)