Chapter 10

Fateful Meeting

You listened to Junho’s offer, deliberated with the thought for a few seconds, delicately sipped at whatever complicated cocktail you had ordered and then frowned while you shook your head.  “I don’t think that’s such a good idea.”

 

“Why not?”  Junho asked as he looked at you bewilderedly.  Though it seems to be still too unreal, tonight isn’t the first date you’ve had with him in the past few days that followed that pivotal night when he visited you, but how your mind works is still an immense mystery to him no matter how many times you’ve interacted.

 

You swiveled in your stool to face the gorgeous man who had been flirting with you for the better part of the night.  As you directed your gaze at him, you find that you still could not decide what you wanted to touch more, the glorious mess of hair that hinted at his wild side or the triangle of skin left bare by the open collar of his black buttoned-down shirt.  “Meeting you and spending time with you is one thing, but meeting that many celebrities in a day would just be catastrophic for me.  I can’t handle that many famous people in one setting.  It took a while before I got used to you.  In fact, I’m not even sure if I’m used to you just yet.”

 

Junho turned towards you with merriment in his eyes matched with a warm smile and then he wound a lock of your hair around his finger.  “It’s not that many.  It’s just five other people and me.  Besides they’re not just celebrities, they’re my friends, like family to me and I want them to know you.”

 

Your head snapped around to face him, your eyes blinking as you pout and furrow your brows.  “I already know them, just like a million other people do.  Isn’t that enough?  Why do they need to know me?”  You ran your hand through your hair and pushed it back behind your shoulder as you whined.  You tapped the rim of your glass before taking another sip.

 

He leaned in closer with a smile so he was just inches away from your face.  Up close it was more evident that this man has the epitome of the perfect smile that would melt any heart making you unable to look away.  “Because…I wanted them to get to know my girlfriend.”

 

You almost splurt out the drink in your mouth as you heard Junho’s response.  “Girlfriend?”  Your eyebrow arched as you dabbed at the corner of your mouth with a small napkin.

 

“Well, future girlfriend that is.”  He looked down to hide the red in his cheeks deepening in color as he fans himself with his hand.  “Okay…the girl I’m dating.  Is that better?”

 

Junho reached for his beer bottle, taking a swallow to wet his mouth that has suddenly gone dry.  He wasn’t entirely sure himself what he was thinking saying all those things.  He’s not even sure how he really feels about you, but saying those things felt right to him.

 

“You seem to be so sure.”  You tried your best to hide the laughter that you fear would break out and embarrass him even more.  You shake your head as you cross your legs letting your skirt ride a few inches up your thigh.

 

Junho looked at your newly exposed skin and then back up at you with a grin.  “You seem to not know, but I’m known for having a lot of confidence in myself.  I’m very persistent.”  He rests his arm on the bar letting his hand dangle down with the tips of his finger brushing against your thigh.  “Besides…don’t you like me?”  He narrows his eyes at you as he his lips.

 

You felt your breath caught in your throat as his fingers lightly hover over your thigh.  “Like is such a relative term.”  Your voice shook as a slow smile spreads across your face.  Your eye contact faltered and fell back to your drink.  You wanted to say yes, but giving in too early just isn’t your style.

 

“Well, I thought since you kissed me…”

 

“I didn’t!”  You said with much protest as heat rose in your cheeks tinting your face pink.  “You kissed me.”

 

“You kissed me back.”  Junho smiled to see the blush and his expression that tells you you’ve been cornered and pinned only heightened that blush.

 

You stared at him, frozen in place for what seemed like long seconds before you tried to turn to avoid facing him.  “I don’t remember the details.”  You voice came out as a shudder.  You picked up your drink and took a swallow.

 

He stared at you as you avoided his eyes.  His smile faded, his grin left his face as he lowered his head to close his eyes with a deep sigh escaping from his lips.  “Sometimes I wonder why it’s so hard for you to like me.”

 

You turned back to him and placed your hand over his arm.  “Oh but I do.  I think I’m already a huge fan.  I’m a new convert.”  You playfully said.  “So, does that make me a Hottest already or do I need to officially sign something?”

 

“A fan?  You think I’m doing all these because I need another fan?”  His nose wrinkled as his lips pressed into a thin line.

 

“So, why are you doing all these?  I never really heard a reason from you…just that I’m interesting, which is kind of getting old and doesn’t satisfy my curiosity anymore.”

 

You waited for a response, but there was none.  Junho was fidgeting with his beer bottle staring at it like he was trying to find the perfect words in the small prints in the bottle.  Why he’s doing all these for you, he’s not too sure of the answer himself.  He likes you, but he doubts if he’s in love with you.  “Well, I thought it was clear.”  His voice trailed off.  “I like you.”

 

Your brows rose in surprise.  You had a feeling he liked you, but hearing him say it felt different.  You began to clear your throat in an attempt to dislodge the lump in your throat that was beginning to choke you.  “You like me?  Or you liiiiiiiiiiike me?  You found the courage to whisper.

 

“What’s the difference?”  He darted a confused look at you.

 

“Enunciation.”  You dared to look at him with a half-smile.

 

“If I said I liiiiiiiiiike you, would that convince you to meet my friends tomorrow?”

 

Wicked laughter sparked in your eyes.  “No, it won’t.”  You shook your head lightly.

 

“You’re being difficult.”  He paused and leaned forward.  “How about a bet?”  He said as he pulled a coin out of the pocket of his jeans and held it up for her to see.

 

“Conditions?”

 

“If I win, you kiss me and I get to introduce you to my friends.  If you win, I kiss you and we get to spend the whole day tomorrow-just the two of us.”  Junho rubbed his fingers against his mouth.

 

You simply raised a brow at him.  “That benefits only you both ways.”  You took the coin from his hand.  “How about if you win I make a short appearance at your little get together and if I win, I spend my day sleeping in tomorrow – alone.”

 

“Hmmm…it’s not exciting at all.”  He snorted.  “Let’s not take out the kiss.”  You glared at him making him cower back.  “Fine.  Let’s go with your idea.”

 

“Heads.”  You said with a smile and your lips in anticipation.