Mirror

The Untold Story [HIATUS]

 

I sat on the bed, thinking. Arggh! I hate this! I hate when I’m thinking too much! I’m sorry mind, but today I’m going to act according to my heart! I grabbed my towel and rushed to the bathroom.

I finished showered and quickly get ready. I open my closet. There are not so much clothes to choose from. I usually wears T-shirts and jeans. I can’t wear the same outfit I used to when I go to classes, right? Right? I searched for some nice blouses. I found two. I should listen to my mother and buy more dress. I picked the red one. Is this even fit me? I bought this red blouse two years ago but never wears it. I just bought because my mother keep nagging my clothes only consist shirts and jeans. So, I bought a very bright color blouse so she can stop nagging at me.

I tried to wear it. Darn it. Why this blouse is here? I should give it to my mother. The red blouse stretched out across my belly. This time I regret for giving up on dieting years ago. I pulled out the red blouse and grabbed the black one. Okay, this is better. It’s black so it won’t show much of my fat belly. I grabbed my newest jeans and wear it. I rushed in front of my make up table. Sure, there are a lot of make-up but I rarely wears it. Most of the make up are courtesy from my mother and my older sister. They gave it to me when the colour or the brand did not good with their skin. I picked a pink blusher. I looked at the bottom of the case and the blusher expired 2 months ago. Is this safe? I put it back and grab for compact powder. I bought and wear it once when my older sister’s wedding on January. She insisted me to wear make up so she can introduces me to some of her friends. But of course, with or without make-up, I always have no luck in love.

I finished put compact powder on my face. What should I do next? Should I wear blusher or eye shadow? Wait, do I even have eye shadow? I rummage the drawer at my make up table. I found it. There are earth colour eye shadows. I pick the softest colour and put it on. I picked my eye liner and draw my eyes. Opps, I think I mess a bit. I erase it with a tissue and draw it again. But the lines look swerved. I erased it again and re-draw. Okay, now my eyes looks like a gothic. Will he notice it? Arghh.. What the hell. I’ll just answer this is the latest technique of smokey eyes. I smile and put the pink blusher. At last, I put on the sparkling lip gloss.

I check my face on the mirror. Oh no! My hair! How I style my hair? I always tied my hair whenever I go out. I couldn’t do that when I’m going out with him? Oh my God, what should I do? I put a little bit hair oil and comb my hair. I grabbed 2 marker pen and twist my hair around it. I dried my hair using hair dryer. I comb my hair again and style it a bit. Okay, I succeed. This is close to the curly hair that I looked in the magazine. Like I said, close. At least I’m not wearing the same hairstyle.

Bag! Where is the freaking bag that my sister gave before? I search for the bad for at least 30 minutes and finally found it under my bed inside a box full of crap that I couldn’t throw. I hug the bag. Finally, you can be used today. Thank you unnie, thank you mother. Even though you both always nag at me and give useless stuff to me but today finally it can be used.

I looked at the clock. It’s was 10:50 am. Wow. I still can’t believe I really took almost 2 hours to get ready. Usually it just took me one hour or less to shower and dress. I check myself on the mirror. I looked okay. I checked my face, hair and my blouse. They were all okay. But wait, he said he wanted to study together too. Should I bring some books? I run to my study table and grabbed books that can fit inside the other bag I will carry.

Then, I check myself on the mirror again. Usually I don’t. Mirror is my biggest fear. Sometimes I pretend I never see a mirror in my room or at any other place. I avoid mirror ever since I was a child. Because when I saw myself on the mirror, I felt pity to my reflection on the mirror and ask “Why you look like that?”. Always after that the reflection on the mirror laughed and said, “I am you. If I’m ugly, then you are ugly too,”. I literally heard the voices. People can call me crazy but I really did hear the voices. I, once told that to my mother. That I heard voices talk to me on the mirror. My mother said it nonsense and make me believe it work of demon and ghost.

"But mother, I don’t see any demon or ghost on the reflection. I saw me."

I snapped after I heard my phone ringing. I run to my bed and answered it. It was Lee Joon.

“Hello? Did you finish get ready? I already arrived outside your apartment,”

“Oh. Yeah. I will be going down now,”

I took my hand bag and another bag full of book. I took a last glance at the mirror to check that I’m not over doing myself. And I swore I saw a reflection of me looks mad. I smiled but the reflection still stay the same. I must had lack of sleep. I lock then shut my room's door and quickly ran to the elevator.

 

**********************