Truth?

The Untold Story [HIATUS]

 

“Oh, relax.. Why you look so scared?” Hyuna asked me while looking at the rear-view mirror. Jina stay silent but somehow still smiling.

“Because I don’t know where are we going…” I bit my lips. I look around outside the car and the sun already set. Night had fallen.

“Well, it’s actually a surprise for you. That’s is why we can’t tell you where are going,” Jina suddenly speaks while giggling with Hyuna.

“Surprise? For me?” I was shocked upon hearing it. A surprise just for me?  “But why?”

“It’s a surprise from Joon oppa. He asked me to keep it secret from you but don’t tell me I already told you, okay? Act shocked when you arrived!” Hyuna keeps looking at Jina and finally burst her laughs.

“What’s so funny?” I finally get annoyed with them both.

“Nothing~” Hyuna humming.

I look around the road. I saw less and less of people and less car on the road. Why is my heart beating so fast? Oh no. Is this like a sign something bad will happen? Oh God… Why did I ever get out from my house today. Why ‘heart’? Why did you convinced me to go out with him.

“Well, it’s you are the one who keep dreaming him all the time… You are the one decides to go out with him because it’s what you’ve been hoping for these past years. That’s not my fault,” my ‘heart’ tried to reason with me. I massaged my temple. My head was hurt from thinking too  much. Oh no. Please, not now. It’s not the time where the ‘other me’ shows.

Without I even notice, Hyuna already parked her car and stopped the engine. “We’ve arrived. Let’s go,” she said. Jina gets out first and then followed by Hyuna. I still staring absent-mindedly and almost jumps out the car when Hyuna suddenly knocked the window. “Why are you not getting out? We’re here,”

I looked Hyuna in the eyes. Though her face totally looks innocent but I don’t know why I still feel something bad will happen. It’s like she is wearing a mask. Hyuna raised her eyebrows and points at me to get out from the car. Jina opens the door for me. I hesitated for a bit but I did not have any choice and get out from the car.

Hyuna linked her arms around mine. " This gonna be fun! But remember, act surprised!"

I just nodded and walking while linking my arm with hers. It's very weird and it feels like she was the one dragged me up on the path though I obviously weigh more than her. Jina walked in front of us and asked us to be hurry.

"So, what this surprise is about again?" I pretended to ask again though I'm quite sure they never explained what is it about.

"I think you already get the idea what is it about?" Hyuna pouted and raised her eyebrows while looking at me, trying to look cute (and ridiculous at the same time).

"What? No, I don't," I shake my head. I do not understand any single thing that coming out from actually. Does pretty girls have different mind than ordinary girl like me?

"Well, recalled what happened to you earlier? When you are together with Joon oppa," Jina suddenly said something and caught me off guard. Why did she sounded like she know about me more?

"I...we.. We just walking around the theme park. That's all," I avoided their eyes who were looking sharp at mine.

"And....what happened during you walked around with him?" Hyuna asked.

"Nothing," I lied.

Hyuna and Jina rolled their eyes,  "Nothing?" she asked again.

"Well, yeah... Nothing... Except...." I couldn't continue my words, feeling that I will embarrassed myself.

"Don't stop! Continue!" They both asked the same.

"Erm....Well, Joon-ssi sort of.... Asked me out..." I stopped because I couldn't find the right words to keep continue. But I can't just stop like this, they will thinking I'm bragging or even worst, lying. "No..no... What I mean was is Joon-ssi... Kinda said that he likes me and I like him too. Or is it I said it first then him? Haha," I tried to force a laugh though it's nothing funny about the situation.

Hyuna smiled. "I see.... So he finally confessed, right?" She turn her head from looking me and to Jina.

"Yeah.... Sort of...But, Wait. Did you knew about this?" I looked at Hyuna and Jina and back Hyuna again. Why she didn't sound surprised? Or even sound mad and calling me a liar? I knew she had feeling for him too.

"Yeah, sorry. Joon oppa already told me that he will confessed to you today," Hyuna said.

"And you are not mad?" I asked.

"Mad? But why should I?" Hyuna surprised with my question.

"Because you like him too!" I raised my voice accidentally, over-whelmed by the situation. "Or at least, that's what I think," I tried to cover up my embarrassment a bit.

"Based on what? What did you think I like him?" Hyuna laughs at my statement.

"Well, my woman-ly intuition?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Hahaha! You are so funny!" Hyuna and Jina laughed out loud. I pretend to laugh though I don't really understand what so funny about it.

"No, I don't like him like that. I mean, I do like him but more as an older brother figure. Well, we are close but that because our family knew each other. My mom and his mother used to study together. So, I've been knew him since he was a child. He sort of like a childhood friend to me.... And since I don't have any older brother, I always call him Oppa though we are the same age." Hyuna explained to me.

"Oh, wow. I don't know that. I thought you are younger than him," I was surprised by the sudden confession by Hyuna. Her story sound convincing with all those gesture and facial expression. If she was lying, she must be really a good actress.

"So, did I make you less worried? " Hyuna suddenly speak.

"What? No.. I'm not worry. I just...curious, I guess." I shake my head, denied that I actually care if she likes him or not.

"Well, then you now know the truth. And I solemnly wish that you both will be happy together!" Hyuna grabs my hand and shake it.

"Oooo... I can't wait to see you guys to go out together!" Hyuna jumps around and giggles with Jina.

I dumbfounded by the whole situation. I watched them both giggling together like a little girl. Could this really happening? Hyuna was wishing the best for me? Hmm... Well, she never do anything mean towards me to be compared with Joon's friends. At worst, she just giving me the cold stare and that's it.  I never saw she make fun of me or heard she talked bad about me. My past experiences with humans doesn't ended up so good and it makes me hard to believe anyone anymore even though they are being sincere.

"Oh my God! We totally forgot about the surprise! We don't want them to wait longer!" Jina lightly hit Hyuna's arm to remind her.

"Yeah! Totally forgot about that! Joon Oppa must be mad!" Hyuna looked at her wristwatch. "We already late! We even missed the sunset!"

"Quick! Wear this!" Jina took out a cat-pattern blindfold from her bag and handed it to me.

"What is this?" I asked her. I had no idea what is it mean.

"It's a blindfold, babo-ya!" Hyuna smacks me at my shoulder, laughing and trying to be cutesy around me.

"Well, I know it's a blindfold but what is it for?" I asked while holding the blindfold.

" Like I said earlier, Joon Oppa wanna make a surprise event for you. He wanna to ask you out and he want it to be special," Hyuna smiles at me. "Now, let's put this on you..." Hyuna wear the blindfolded over my eyes for me. She grabbed my hand, "Now, you walk slowly with me. Jina, grab her other hand,"

Jina quickly grabbed my left hand and help me walking. "Ohhh, this going to be so much fun! I'm excited! You are so lucky," Jina nudges me.

"Ah, but remember, act surprised, okay?" Hyuna reminded me again.

"Okay," I nodded.

And that is how it's all begin....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N: Hey, I'm back with new update! 😄 Sorry for the short update. I tried to write more but somehow my brain just fried itself while writing for this story (and thinking about the next plot)😵. I know it's not much but I guess I at least tried to keep up my promise and update! 😣 (bad author!!) Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy reading this new update and as usual, don't forget to comment! 😘]

 

Thank you very much!