Mind or Heart?

The Untold Story [HIATUS]

[ 11 PM, 16th July]

I run to my room and close the door. I couldn’t bear it anymore. I cried. It’s been so long since I was last crying. How could he? How could he do this me? What have I done to him? What sins that I commit in my past life?

I try to calm myself down. I breathe in and out but a loud howl escape my mouth. I cover my mouth with my hands. I don’t want anybody from the next room to hear me. Here am I, sitting behind the door crying on my birthday. How wonderful is that.

 

*******************

[Flashback, 9 am 16 July]

 

I woke up with a call on my mobile phone. I want to ignore at first but I suddenly wake up from my bed with my eyes open when I saw who is calling me. Him? But why? He never called me before.

“Hello?” my voice croaked a little bit. Darn it. Now he knew that I just woke up.

I heard he giggled on the other side. I feel so embarrassed but I also feel happy. I should record that giggles and set it as my alarm.

“Sorry for bothering you… but Good morning,” he still giggling.

Darn it. Where is the record button on this phone?

“Ah, good morning. Thanks. Er.. but why you call me? Is there anything wrong?” I sat up straight on my bed. Obviously he called me because he needed something, right? Right?

“Oh no. Well.. actually…” there was long pause in his speech.

“Actually?” I got a little impatient.

“Er… Well, my friend and I suppose to go out today,”

“So?” I cut him, feeling irritated. What the heck? Is that the only reason why he called me? To tell he will go out with his friend? So what he want me to do? Drive for them?

“But she canceled it. I already got to two tickets to the theme park. I don’t wanna it to go waste. So I’m thinking to ask you. But if you busy, it’s okay. Sorry to call you so sudden,” His voice sound disappointed.

Did I heard this right? Are my ears still functioning well? Lee Changsung aka Lee Joon asking me out? What day is today? It’s must be my lucky day. My eyes hover to my wall, searching for the calendar. 16th July. It’s my birthday!

“But why me?” I have to be assured this is not some kind of sick joke.

“Er..er.. Well. It’s because… because” he paused.

I wait impatiently to hear what the reason is. Is he had the same feeling too?

“Because you live nearby and besides maybe we can use this chance to study together?”

I almost fell from my bed. Because I live nearby? And then we can study together? What? I don’t understand this.

“Are you asking me to study together or….” I tried to finish the sentence but I just couldn’t said the words ‘asking me out’.

He seemed understand what I’m talking about, he replied “We can do both! Study while hanging out!”

His high pitched tone makes me suspicious. Why he sounded so happy? Was he just pretending? But I’m not going to miss the chance to be with him. At all cost. So I’m taking the risk to say yes.

“Really? Thanks! I will pick you up in 2 hours. See you!”

“Wait! Do you know which one is my house?”

“Yeah, I do. Don’t worry. If I’m lost, I’ll call you. Okay?”

“Okay. See you,”

I make sure the call was really ended. And then I checked my phone call register to check whether it’s Lee Joon I’m talking with just now. Positive. It’s him. I’m not dreaming. I look at the calendar. Yes, today it’s my birthday. I look dumbfounded at the clock. It’s 9:15 am. Should I sleep back and make sure this is not a dream? Or should I get ready, wait for 2 hours and realized this is just a dream? Or maybe I should wait longer and realized this is not a dream but it is a prank? I still can’t believe what just happen. I smell something fishy here. Should I get ready? Or should I just sleep back? Is he really asking me out? (though he said we can study together) or is he and his friends playing pranks on me?

I sat on the bed, thinking. Arggh! I hate this! I hate when I’m thinking too much! I’m sorry mind, but today I’m going to act according to my heart! I grabbed my towel and rushed to the bathroom.

 

to be continued...