First crush

I'm a Fool II : The Mind Game [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I gritted my teeth angrily, my fists clenching tightly on my tights as I sat on my bed, waiting for the stylist my parents had called to finish her work. Obviously I wasn't mad at her but at my parents. I hadn't decided what to do yet, but pandering to my parents whims seemed the best choice at the moment, just so I could gain more time to find a way to get away from that sticky situation. I hadn't talked about it to Chanhee though, but there was no way he was going to know until I was sure my parents wouldn't interfere with us, or better yet, with his future career. Which meant he didn't know I was going to meet my "fiancé" and didn't know anything about the marriage whatsoever. 

"My my, you're so beautiful! Your fiancé surely is one lucky guy!" The stylist beamed, clasping her hands together and blinking her eyes dreamily. I awkwardly smiled at her and stared at my reflection in the mirror on the other side of the room. My hair had been curled into soft wavy locks and had been swept to one side whereas the make up matched perfectly the innocent style my hair had. The romantic puff short sleeve dress wasn't bad, despite having been chosen by my mother, and neither were the skin color pumps, that made my legs look longer and slimmer. All in all I looked presentable, however that wasn't what I wanted. After all why would I want to look beautiful in the eyes of someone I wouldn't have married? Especially when I already had Chanhee? 
Sighing as my so called mother called for me, I stood up and thanked the stylist who patted my back gently and pumped her fist in a sign of good luck. I then took a deep breath and headed downstairs, where my apparently-soon-to-be-husband and his parents were waiting for me. 

 

"Oh here she is!" My mother beamed in excitement as I inwardly rolled my eyes. It was like she had completely forgotten what had happened the day before, as if I hadn't ever told them Chanhee and I were in a relationship, as if they hadn't ever blackmailed me into this. 
I froze for a moment upon seeing only a middle aged woman looking gently at me. 

"Hi Jieun I'm Wang Huan-yue but of course you can call me mom. You must be disappointed to see only an old lady here but I promise my son will be here in ten minutes...He said he would be late because of a meeting but I bet he wanted to make a good impression on you and went to buy a new set of clothes." The seemingly warm woman joked as I sincerely smiled at her. I wondered where her husband was but seeing as she hadn't mentioned him, it probably wasn't a right thing to ask. 

"You must be wondering why I am here alone" she said as I widened my eyes at her. It was like she had read my thoughts...Or had I talked out loud? Mmmm...But I quickly gained my composure back and slightly shook my head. "Oh no! I wasn't...well I actually was, but I wouldn't want to make you feel uncomfortable so there is really no need to tell me Mrs Wang" I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly earning a glare from my parents. I, of course, ignored them. 

"It's actually Mrs Lu my dear. But unfortunately my husband has passed away almost two years ago-"

"Oh my! Huan-yue, your son is really handsome!" My mother interrupted and I would have really wanted to slap her in that moment. Couldn't she be more sensitive? Fighting the urge to glare at my mother I smiled at Mrs Lu and allowed myself to squeeze her hand in a comforting manner. I felt sorry for bringing back something she probably wouldn't have wanted to remember and I felt even more sorry for having such an insensitive mother. 

"Oh Luhan! You're finally here!" Mrs Lu greeted warmly her son and I turned around to look at him. I blinked my eyes repeatedly, he was undeniably handsome but that wasn't what had me staring at him. He somehow looked familiar...Those eyes...I had seen them somewhere. 
He politely bowed at my parents and scanned the room until he met my eyes. I could tell he was feeling the same strange sensation that was bothering me and that had me deeply wondering who he was. 

"Oh I see the both of you remember each other!" My mother clasped her hands together as the two of us looked at her, waiting for further information. 

"Why are you looking at me like that Jieun? Don't you remember your first crush?" She questioned, leaving me astonished while blush crept on my cheeks at all the eyes that had landed on me, especially his curious ones. I knitted my brows together, a vague memory of a gentle little boy playing and taking care of me when my parents weren't at home, flashing in my mind. At that time I had been four years old and he had been seven and only two years later did I meet Chanhee. 

As soon as I snapped out of my thoughts I met eyes once again with Luhan, resulting in me flushing all over again. Gosh, why would my mother shout it in front of everyone?? That was freaking embarrassing for Pete's sake! Now, how could I face him without shrinking under his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter