Surprise

I'm a Fool II : The Mind Game [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"About what you remembered."

I froze at his question, my fingers loosening their grip around the chopsticks as they dropped with a tack on the wooden surface of the breakfast tray Byunghun had brought me. I grimaced as I thought about the memories which had been hidden from me for so many years. It sounded almost impossible yet there I was, remembering what had happened only four years later. Maybe someone would expect me to blame and hate everyone for hiding my past away from me because I had the rights to know but I honestly didn't want nor had the will to waste my energy and drain my soul with such complicated matters. I couldn't despise Luhan because I could understand why he hadn't tried stopping my parents, I couldn't despise Byunghun because he couldn't have done anything about what had happened anyway and I couldn't despise Chanhee because I knew he had been convinced that it was all for the best. I knew who couldn't be forgiven and I was happy I hadn't kept in touch with them since the break-up with Luhan. I didn't need such selfish and evil parents anyway. They say that it's impossible to really hate your own parents, to hate who has taken care of you since birth...It's true, I didn't hate my parents because the only person who had neared the figure of a parent had been Luhan's mother, if not Luhan himself. I didn't hate the ones who had taken care of me since birth because it had always been a nanny to look after Byunghun and me and, when we grew up, it had been Luhan to play with us. Given the fact that they had brought me into this world, my so called parents had done nothing but hurt Byunghun and me. Always leaving for days or even months for business matters, coming back to ignore us out of tiredness, forgetting our birthday, leaving us under the nanny's or Luhan's care to go for a vacation...My only family was my twin brother and that was why I loved him more than anything. I could loose everyone but him. No, it wasn't some kind of sister complex, I just couldn't bear loosing him. After all he was literally my other half and the fact that we had gone through the same pain together made our bound even stronger. 

"Just whatever." I shrugged while Byunghun and Luhan blinked at my answer. Surely they hadn't expected that sort of response. 

"J-just whatever? Jieun you just remembered two years of your life! And some facts aren't that unimportant, especially the ones that concern our parents" He reasoned, his eyes showing just how much my answer had confused him. I smiled at him, "I know that all of you feel guilty for hiding my own memories from me but I honestly don't blame you because I can understand the reason behind your acts. What I can't understand is our parents' thirst for power and if there's anyone I despise, is them. Sure, you all know that I have a bad temper but I really don't have the energy nor the will to waste my time in this. What has been done has been done. No matter what I do, it can't be changed so I might as well forget it and go on with my life. I've already cut any ties with them anyways." I took in a deep breath, watching as they pondered my words, "If I have to be honest the only thing that has bothered me is Luhan..." I then trailed off whereas the said boy visibly stiffened at my sentence. 

"Errr...Nature calls, I'll be back in a few" Byunghun interjected shooting up from his seat and fleeing out of the door. I chuckled, knowing that he was purposely leaving the two of us alone. Gosh, he was so obvious. 

"Byunghun-ah! There's a bathroom in the room!" I hollered, smiling as I heard him shouting, "It's okay! I have to burn the calories I gained with the dinner anyway! A walk won't do me nothing but good!" 
I shook my head as I turned around to face Luhan. He was looking at me, his chocolate eyes filled with guilt and pain. I bit the inside of my cheeks, restraining myself from whimpering at his sad expression. How he managed to look like a lost puppy whenever he did it, was a wonder. 

"Jieun...I'm sorry...I'm a coward, I shouldn't have let your parents do those cruelties to you...I...I understand if you decide to block me out of your life...I won't bother you-"

"I'm tired Luhan, I'm tired to hear these words okay? I've had enough of your apologies. These past two months you've done nothing but apologizing. Stop it. I already told you, didn't I? You're not at fault okay? Stop feeling guilty. Just answer this question honestly...Did you really love me or was it just my parents' influence?" My heart fastened its pace as I waited for his answer. I was almost sure he really did, but I wanted him to confirm it. To say that he really loved me, to say that those four years I spent with him hurting myself while hoping he would realize that what he was doing was wrong, hadn't been a foolish waste of time. 

"Yes Jieun, I really loved you and I still do. I've realized how much of a jerk I've been. I don't even know how you managed to stay next to me for so many years. I'm sorry I doubted your feelings for me and I know I'm being selfish again but I want you back. I can't even sleep without you next to me, I've taken you for granted, sure that you would have stayed no matter what, and now I regret not treasuring you like I should. Can you...come back? I know it's a lot to ask after what I've done but I can promise that if you don't want me in your life I won't bother you anymore. That's the least I could do for you." During his speech his hand had subconsciously reached mine and now he was melting my heart, both with his gentle warm touch and his regretful words. He didn't understand what he could do to me, he didn't at all. Because if he was aware of how much he meant for me he wouldn't be promising to never show up again if I rejected him. How could I permit it if he was so important to me? How could I choose to never see him again? I knew he had good intentions, however he didn't let me any choice, contrary to what he believed. I sighed, I knew what my heart wanted but I wasn't sure if I should have listened to my mind instead. 


Who was I kidding? I had always been an impulsive girl. I had always followed my instinct and the few times I had listened to my mind it had resulted in nothing but sorrow and pain, and I honestly had enough of those. Looking up at Luhan's waiting eyes I had my answer and I sincerely hoped I wouldn't look back and regret it. 

 

--------------


"NO JIEUN NOO!!!" 

I gasped for air as my eyes shot open, Luhan's scream of horror as the car sped toward me, still echoing in my head. I was gripping tightly Luhan's shirt, my face hidden in his chest while his fingers brushed through my hair soothingly, "It's okay, Jieun. It was only a nightmare. It won't happen again. I won't let it happen again. I promise." 

"I'm sorry, I woke you up again." I apologized glancing up at him just to meet his loving stare. It had been two weeks since I had been discharged from the hospital and Luhan hadn't put much effort in hiding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter