The end of our past

I'm a Fool II : The Mind Game [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LUHAN's POV 


I squeezed Jieun's hand, praying she would soon wake up. It had been almost two months now and she hadn't given any signs of regaining conscience. It hurt to look at her like that, it hurt so much. I hadn't slept well since the accident happened. I would always dream about her leaving me forever and that was enough to let me stay wide awake. 

"Jieun-ah, are you not going to wake up? We all miss you here. I miss you so much..." I whispered pressing my lips against the back of her soft hand. 
I didn't even realize Byunghun had entered the room until he placed one of his hands on my shoulder in an attempt of trying to comfort me. I looked up at him and smiled. He had really changed since I had last seen him. Now he was mature enough to care and protect his own sister when ten years ago it was the other way around. 

"Hyung, she's strong, I'm sure she'll wake up" Byunghun assured but he himself didn't seem sure about his words. 
After all it had been two months and the only thing that made her look alive was the monitor placed next to her bed that beeped at each heartbeat. 
I tenderly caressed Jieun's hand and froze when I felt her fingers moving against my palm. I widened my eyes and looked at Byunghun, checking that I wasn't imagining things. However it had happened already the last week and the doctor had said it was normal and that it didn't really mean she would have woken up. But when her fingers moved again hope started to feel my stomach, "Did you see?" 

"See what?"

"H-her fingers moved, she-Oh Gosh her eyes, she's opening her eyes!" Byunghun looked at his sister and widened his eyes as well, immediately fleeing out to call the doctor. 

"Jieun..." I called brushing her hair away from her face as she fluttered her eyes open. She took some time to adjust to the light and then looked at me with a frown on her face. She seemed confused. And she seemed even more confused when the doctor came in the room to do some check-ups on her. 

"Okay young girl, I need you to answer some simple questions." Mr Park stated while Jieun nodded, gesturing him to go on. 

"What's your name?"

"Lee Jieun."

"Do you have any siblings?"

"I have a twin brother who's right next to you Mr Park. His name is Lee Byunghun." The said boy smiled at his sister and threw his thumbs up, telling her she was doing well. I chuckled at the two twins, they had been cute since forever. 

"Your age Jieun?" 

"Sixteen" 

"What year are we in?"

"2008" Everyone froze. I exchanged a worried look with the doctor as his theory became true. Jieun had lost part of her memory. 

"What's the last thing you remember Jieun?" Jieun frowned at his question. She massaged her temples forcing herself to answer Mr Park's question. 

"I...I don't know... It hurts..." Jieun whimpered as I caressed her hand reassuringly. She looked up at me and immediately retrieved her hand. 

"Who are you? Why are you touching me?" She glared as I took a step back, not wanting to upset her. 

"Jieun-ssi" The doctor sighed, "You are eighteen years old and we are in 2010. You were hit by a car two months ago and now you're experiencing memory loss." I resisted the urge to punch Mr Park. Such a good way to break the news, wasn't it? 
Jieun looked at me, then at the doctor and lastly at her brother, who was looking back at her with a worried expression. 

"W-what? You're kidding right? Byunghun tell me he's kidding" She pleaded but Byunghun could only avoid her eyes. Still shocked she shut her eyes resting her head against the pillows piled behind her. 
Her eyes brightened when Chunji slammed the door open, "Jieun!" 

"Chanhee-ah!" She called and opened her arms to hug him. "Chanhee-ah, they've all gone crazy! Why are they telling me I have a memory loss? I'm sure I'm perfectly fine! They're just kidding right?" Chunji bit his bottom lip giving her a meaningful look, "I'm sorry Jieun but it's true. You were coming to meet me but you didn't see the red-light and the car was speeding towards you and...and you were hit. We didn't even expect you to wake up...you've been sleeping for two months Jieun, two freaking months! How could you leave your bestfriend like that!" 

My brows knitted at his words. Why was he lying? She clearly had chased after him and had been hit because of that. Was he trying to change the facts and not take the blame? Because it was sure as hell that it had been his fault. 

"Chanhee-ah...who is he?" Jieun whispered trying to keep her tone low but I was c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter