Confusion

I'm a Fool II : The Mind Game [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: answer the poll at the end of the chapter! Thank you so much!

LUHAN's POV 


It all repeated itself. It felt like we had been brought back to four years ago, because Jieun had been in a coma for two months already. No one knew how such a thing could happen, no one knew why bringing her back to a place she had been before could do that to her fragile body. It was unreasonable. But the doctor had given a wide guess. She was finally remembering the two years she had completely forgotten and Mr Park couldn't prevent it from happening anymore, or else she would have had serious health issues. I grimaced at the thought. Her parents...Her parents were the worst living beings on Earth, that I was more than sure of. They had freaking injected their daughter who-knows-what for four years to prevent her from remembering anything related to her relationship with Chunji. It was disgusting and if it hadn't been for the fact that they had disowned her for breaking up with me, they would have probably attempted again to inject her that strange substance, not caring if she would have risked her life in the process. But you know who was worse than her so called parents? Me. I had let that happen. I had let those cruelties happen right in front of my eyes. Why? Because I was a coward, I was afraid of loosing her. Ha. What an irony. In the end I had been the one to let her go, to hurt her, to push her away from me. 
I smiled sadly at her fragile figure. She was lying on that hospital bed again, her eyes closed, her chest steadily rising up and down. She would have looked like she was sleeping if it hadn't been for the tube connected to her wrist and the clamp around her index finger. 
Her lips were still pinkish and her cheeks still rosy. All in all she looked okay but everyone knew she wasn't. 

"Jieun-ah...are you going to make us go through hell once again?" I questioned squeezing her soft warm hand. I brushed her silky hair behind her ear and cupped her cheek, the smoothness of her skin sending shivers along my fingers. God only knew how much I missed her, how much everyone missed her and the great amount of bouquets scattered all over the room were just the undeniable proof. My workers had sent her flowers, particularly my secretary Hana who seemed to have taken a big liking on Jieun, Byunghun would come almost everyday to visit his dear twin sister always personally bringing her favorite flowers, gardenias, and when he couldn't come he would make sure to send them, Chunji would come with Byunghun and bring a bouquet of gardenias as well as a box of chocolates, which explained the various boxes that had piled up at the corner of the room and Baekhyun and my other friends would send her everyday a bouquet of flowers each, and considering they were eleven, the amount of flowers gathered in the room was overwhelming, of course without counting the ones that had already withered. 

"Everyone is waiting for you...can you please open your eyes?" I pleaded pressing my lips against the back of her hand. My heart ached to see her beautiful hazel orbs again and everyday the hope in my chest deflated more and more, seeing as she hadn't showed any sign of wanting to wake up. 
I stared at her, as if by doing so I could transmit my thoughts to her and make her open her eyes. 

"Hyung..." I turned around to face Byunghun, who I hadn't even heard entering. 

"You should really go home and rest. You look horrible" He suggested while approaching the bed Jieun was lying on. I sighed and turned around to look at her, "I just can't. I can't bring myself to sleep with her in this state..." 
A hand was placed on my shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly, "Hyung I really appreciate what you're doing, I really do. And I bet Jieun would appreciate it as well, but she wouldn't like it if you lost sleep because of her. Imagine her waking up and seeing you like this...I don't think she would be happy. Come on hyung, do it for her uh? I'm worried and I know she's worried for you as well...I promise I'll take care of her while you're away." 

 


JIEUN's POV 


It all fell out of place. Everything I believed, everything I felt, everything I thought I knew...I didn't know my feelings anymore, I didn't know if I truly loved Luhan or it was just a joke my mind was playing on me, I didn't know if I still had feelings for Chanhee, I didn't know if Luhan really loved me or it was just because of my parents, I didn't know if I was angry or if I was just feeling disappointed, I didn't know if I was feeling sorry towards Chanhee for what happened or if I was mad at him for giving up so easily. But one thing I knew : I needed time, I had to think about everything. 

And think I did. 

I had lost count of the days -well I couldn't count them in the first place- but I could feel everything that happened around me. It just so happened that I was unable to move my body and open my eyes. 

I knew that Luhan had always been beside me, I heard his apologies, I heard his pleas, I heard how hurt he was, I felt how he sincerely loved me and I heard how much he hated my parents for doing those cruelties to me, how much he hated himself for letting them hurt me and most of all I felt how he would always hold my hand, how he would always tuck my hair behind my ear and how he would always peck my forehead when he had to go out to buy himself lunch. But I knew it was tiresome for him, he would always be sitting next to me, and would sometime fall asleep while talking to me. It pained me to be the reason of his restlessness and I was more than grateful when Byunghun convinced him to go home and rest. 

However Luhan wasn't the only one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter