Childhood

Inevitable Destiny

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess named _____. She was 5 years old back then, and she was carried along by her mother. They visited her mother's friend, who has a baby boy the same age as her. She remained shy and quiet, as she was encouraged to talk to the baby boy and play with him.

 

Your Mom: ____, play with Donghae. He's a nice boy.. Go and get your ball and play outside. It's cold there.

You: But umma.. I'm shy..

Donghae's Mom: *laughs* She's such a beautiful child, just like you. You resemble her a lot.

Your Mom: Yeah. They even call her a mini version of me. *looks at donghae* Your baby boy has grown now, and he has a handsome face. By the way, do you remember the promise we've made for our children?

 

Donghae's Mom: How can I not forget that one? It's significant to the both of us.

You: Umma, what do you mean by promise?

Your Mom: You'll find out soon, my baby. *kisses you*

Donghae's Mom: *pokes donghae* Donghae-ah, come and play with her. She has a lot of toys.

 

Donghae looked at your face, and examined it for a while. You did the same thing. You smiled, and offered him a fish stuffed toy.

 

You: Will you come and play with me?

Donghae: *gets the fish* Ne, come with me.. *holds your hand*

 

You went outside and began playing together. You played with your dolls, while he was playing with his cars.

 

You: You're Donghae, aren't you?

Donghae: Ne, I am.. *plays with the car*

You: Have you heard what our umma said? That word.. Pro.. Uhm..

Donghae: Promise?

You: That one.. What does that mean??

Donghae: Maybe it's something.. that they agree with? I don't know..

You: I don't know either. But whatever that is.. I wanted to make one too.. for the two of us..

Donghae: But.. do you have an idea where to start?

You: Uhm.. *thinks*

 

Your mom and his mom went outside, seeing the two of you playing.

 

You: *pokes your umma* Umma.. I want to make a promise..

Donghae: But.. we don't know how to start.. *sighs*

Donghae's Mom: Waeyo?