Page 1

Wrong Husband

Today is our first wedding anniversary. Unlike other married couple this day is just like another ordinary day. Every morning, I’m sitting in my chair drinking my coffee while listening to her playing the piano. Every day she will hear my applause. Yes, she’s really a good musician. After that I will tell her “Good morning” and she will greet me back with a smile. I know there is something in that smile. But I never asked. I know she’s not happy. Not happy with me.

 

I know she know that today is the day we got married. But she never mentioned it. Maybe she forgot. “Happy Anniversary” I greeted her. She chuckled. “I forgot it’s our anniversary” she said with a weak smile. There’s hurt in her eyes. “It’s okay” I said.

 

Hours passed and I’m now sitting beside her in front of our parents.

 

“I really wanted a grandchild. And it’s already a year” my mom said with a fake frown. I look at her and e glance back. She doesn’t know what to answer too.

 

I just made a fake laugh.

 

“Maybe, you two should have a check-up!” her mom said. She just nodded.

 

“I think we should go” my dad said. “They need time together since it’s their first anniversary” he added with a laugh. They all laughed except her, she just smiled.

 

“Please make our grandchild” my mom said.

 

They left. And now, there’s an awkward air. She’s not looking at me.

 

“Do- Do you want me to play the piano” she said.

 

I stared at her but she doesn’t look back.

 

“Don’t. don’t worry, I won’t hurt you. I will not do what our parents want” I said.

 

She nodded then smiled.

 

I hugged her. Her body go tensed but calmed after. I brushed her hair with my fingers.

 

I promised not to love her but I didn’t say that I hate her. And it’s not her fault why we are in this situation. She’s also a victim.

 

***

 

It’s already late; I’m still awake, looking at her sleeping face. I never really thought we would last a year. I even wished that she should’ve left me. She has the right to left me.

 

In the organization where our family belong has this rule or maybe a tradition passed over the years to maintain the organization and families’ wealth. The heir of a member company must marry an heiress of a company that is also a member of this “organization”. That’s why most of the families only have one child. And only the higher rank companies have the right to sign for divorce. In our case, Hana is rank 2 and I’m only 3. She can leave me anytime but she never did.

 

Because if she’s not happy with me, she should’ve left before. Maybe she has someone waiting for her like me. I now Heejin is waiting for me, to get divorced. So that I could marry her and be the happiest broom in the world and she’s gonna be the happiest bride! And Hana will find a guy that is really for her and not because of this organization’s rule but her heart’s will.

 

I wish she should have done that before, than suffering the whole year with me. she’s not happy, I can see it.

 

“luhan…”

 

I look at her, she’s sleep-talking. Who’s luhan?