Page 2

Wrong Husband

So it was him. Luhan her childhood friend, that unfortunately died when he was 15. I thought he was like Heejin, I thought he was her lover that she never forgets. Like me, I’m still stuck with Heejin, I still love her. I even wished that one day, Luhan will ask her to marry him and I will marry Heejin. I know I’m selfish. But I want her to be happy, and I want to be happy.

 

Today, like other ordinary days, she’s playing the piano again while I’m drinking my coffee. But today will be the start of a big change. She will leave the country today with her family. She said that it’s because of some family matters. I know there’s something wrong.

 

I clap my hands. “You’re always amazing” I said, I even feel bad saying that because I didn’t even listen to her. I don’t know I’m out of my mind. “Thank you” she said then smile at me but suddenly change into a frown. “Is it really okay for you, I can tell my parents th…”

 

“No, it’s okay” I said then pat her head.

 

She smiled. That smile is different. Different from the smiles I always see every day.

 

***

 

 

I’m now alone in this lonely house. I feel like I miss her. No! I must not…I don’t want to feel this because I know she will leave me someday. Maybe the word “miss” doesn’t fit our situation. I’m just not used being in this house without her. Yeah…that’s right.

 

The next day, I’m so shock that I even call her name in the kitchen. While drinking my coffee, I even want to hear her playing the piano. I can even picture out that she’s sitting in the chair and playing the piano gracefully. I wish I listened to her yesterday.

 

I went out to buy groceries. It’s not comfortable buying without her. I don’t know so much about cooking and she’s good at it.

 

“Where’s your wife?” the vendor said.

 

“She’s out of country with her family.”

 

“Family matters?”

 

“Yes” I said with a nod.

 

“It’s rare to see you alone. I always see you together. I bet you miss her” he said with a grin.

 

He’s obviously teasing me.

 

“Ah…yeah” I said then smile. “I have to go. Thank you” I added then bowed.

 

“Okay” the vendor said then smiled.

 

In my way home, I saw an ice cream store. It’s her favorite ice cream store and we always eat ice cream there after buying groceries. It’s just odd that people think that we’re a perfect couple even we’re not. The ice cream vendor asked the same question with the market vendor.

 

We are not a perfect and we’re not even a couple.

 

We are just bonded with this sick family business and organization.

 

I even thought of Heejin, if she was my wife then we’re a perfect couple. And it was not bonded with business but bonded of love and affection.

 

 

While I was driving the car, a girl caught my eye, wearing an apron and working in a small café. I parked my car near the café to have a better look at her.

 

Heejin…

****

Note:

Thank you for reading my story. Sorry for the errors (grammar and spellings)

God Bless Always.