09 Date

Long awaited confession

Kai’s pov

 

It’s already late at night and I’m still wide awake. I’m trying to plan the best date for IU and me tomorrow. It’s the chance to get her to fall for me ! I must not let go of this opportunity!

 

Third person’s pov

 

IU was dressed in a cute pink hoodie and shorts, bringing a red sling bag. She tied her hair up nicely into two ponytails.

It’s the first time that IU was going on a “date” with guys and she didn’t expect her first date to be with Kai.

She skipped to her door and opened it. “Annyeong IU-ah !” Kai was already standing in front of the door.

Kai was wearing a black hoodie jacket with jeans. He was also wearing a cap and sunglass, so people wouldn’t find out that he is actually EXO’s kai.

“Omo Kai ! You’re early !” IU said.

“Of course, how can I let my pretty girlfriend wait?” Kai said and pinched her cheeks.

“Girlfriend? Since when I’m your girlfriend?” IU said and hit him.

“Today, you, IU, will be Kai’s one day girlfriend !” Kai said happily.

“*giggles* Neh neh Kai, I will be your girlfriend today !” IU said cutely.

Kai quickly held her hand, “Let’s go and have fun !”.

 

“Wow ! IT’S LOTTE WORLD !” IU screamed. She looked as though she was a children who is first time seeing an amusement park.

IU has only been there once and that was when Baekhyun was going to leave Korea.

“Look at those cute hairbands !” IU told Kai and pulled him to the shop selling the hairbands.

Throughout the journey, they haven’t let go of each other’s hands.

“Aww look at this !” IU took a hairband with a giant red bow and put it on her head.

“Oppa, do I look cute in this?” IU does her aegyo.

“Neh, my IU is the cutest thing in the world!” Kai said.

“Oppa ! Try this on too.” IU took a similar hairband with a giant blue bow and put it on Kai’s head.

“Hahahaha ! Kai oppa, you look very cute in that !” IU started laughing madly.

“Yah ! Why are you laughing at my handsome face !” Kai said.

“No, I just find you really cute ! Oppa, are you going to buy these for me ?” IU said while pointing to both the hairbands.

“Of course. Oppa will buy whatever you want.” Kai pulled IU to the cashier and paid for both the hairbands.

Kai went to buy the admission tickets for the both of them and they went in.

Since it was school day for most students, there isn’t many people in Lotte World.

 

“Oppa look at that !” IU pointed at the mascot of Lotte World. It was a statue that was placed in the area.

“Let’s take a picture there !” IU said.

‘She really do seem like a children today.’ Kai thought.

Kai took off his sunglasses and took a selca with IU.

 

They continued walking around the park and took several rides.

IU pulled Kai to ride every roller coaster there is and they kind of got tired after a while. So, they decided to go to a café and take a rest before continuing.

IU sat at a table beside the window while Kai went to get them some snacks.

Alone, IU was browsing through the pictures that she have taken with Kai in the park.

‘Why is Kai oppa so cute ?’ she thought. Her heart started beating very fast.

‘Why is my heart beating so fast when I look at him? Am I falling for him ? It’s his first time asking me out for a date…’ IU thought and felt her chest. Her heart is indeed beating really fast.

 

After a few minutes, Kai came back with a tray full of snacks.

“IU yah, see this !” Kai held up a pack of pepero biscuits.

“Omo, you wanna play this with me?” IU asked.

“Yeah, I always see those couple on the television playing with this pepero and I thought that I wanted to try it too.” Kai replied.

Kai took one pepero and put it in his mouth.

IU’s face turned red, she was really shy after hearing what Kai has said.

Still, she bite on one end of the stick.

Together, they started to go closer to each other and they were so near to each other that the tip of their nose is already touching.

IU felt really shy and was planning to bit the biscuit so she could go back.

But, just before she could do that, Kai went forward and peck her lips.

 

IU was so shocked. She remained in the same posture for a few minutes before regaining her senses.

After realizing what has happened, she covered her lips and squealed.

“IU, I-I.. I’m sorry !” Kai started apologizing.

“No, it’s ok. I… I need to go to the toilet.” IU said and left her seat.

 

Kai’s pov

‘Pabo Kai ! What have you just did ?! How can you do that to IU! She’s not your official girlfriend ! She only agreed to be your one day girlfriend ! Can’t you even control yourself !

Argh, she must really hate me now’ I thought.

 

IU’s pov

I ran to the toilet and stood in front of the basin. I stared into the mirror.

‘My lips… That was my first kiss…’ I thought.

Still not able to recover from the shock, I continued touching my lips.

‘My heart… it’s beating so fast again. Why am I feeling this? Do I like him now?’ I thought and felt my chest.

Memories of Kai and me during our school time started flashing in my head. Kai was always around me. In school, he will try his best to get the sit beside me. Even if it was a random seating arrangement by the teacher, he will do whatever he can to get that seat. During breaktime, Kai will always rush out of the classroom first to get me my favourite food and also reserve seats for the both of us. When I’m sick or unable to attend school, Kai would always help me take down important notes and then pass them to me after school. All these that Kai had did for me. Does this show that he likes me?

 

No one’s pov

Finally after nearly half an hour, IU came back from the toilet.

“IU, are you alright? You’ve been in the toilet for quite long.” Kai asked.

“Errr, I’m fine. I think… its time for us to go home. Its kinda late now” IU packed her stuffs and left.

Journey home was awkward. The both of them remained silent and the only words they said were “bye” when IU reached her home.

 

 


Hi my dear readers ! Hope you like the story so far !

If you have opinions about the story so far, feel free to comment below !