11 Truth

Long awaited confession

“Lee Ji Eun, I, Byun Baekhyun, like you…” Baekhyun repeated and looked into her eyes.

IU’s eyes widen upon hearing that.

“Bwoh ? You? Me?” IU was so surprised at what he said.

‘Weird… Why am I not happy about what he said’ IU thought.

Memories with Kai suddenly flashed through her mind. The times they spent together when Baekhyun wasn’t around and yesterday’s date.

“Baekhyun-ah, can I ask you something?” IU asked.

“Go ahead.”

“How does it feel like to like someone?”

“Ehh? When his name is mentioned, you’ll probably feel really excited and heart pumps faster? Times spent with him will be much more enjoyable compared to with anyone else? I think that’s it?” Baekhyun answered. He wondered why will IU asked him something like this.


‘It all makes sense now. Am I feeling all those because I like Kai ? But I thought Baekhyun was the one that I liked, Kai… Isn’t he just a oppa? “ IU thought.

“If that’s the case, I’m sorry Baekhyun…” IU said.

“So, can I conclude that Kai’s your choice?” Baekhyun asked.

“Eh? You knew it all along?” IU questioned him.

“Yeah kind of. But I also know that you’ve liked me from young…”

“How did you know…”

“That day when we were celebrating with EXO, you got drunk and told me everything.”

“Omo, did Kai oppa heard that?”

“Yeah, he did.”

“Ahh, now what…”

“That’s why Kai suggested a fair match. He didn’t want to lose you so easily after finding out that you liked me.”

“He didn’t want to lose me? What do you mean?”

“You don’t know? He has also liked you right from the beginning…”

“Bwoh? Kai oppa likes me?” IU’s heart started beating really fast again.

This made her certain that Kai was the one she liked.

“Kai… I didn’t expect myself to like him after the date yesterday. I mean, he’s always been such a good oppa. He was always around me during school. Whenever I needed help, he will be the first one there for me. When I’m with him, I always safe and I didn’t know why. I thought that I just see him as a very close oppa and I didn’t expect me to fall in love with him…” IU said.

Upon hearing IU’s words, Baekhyun knew that he had lost totally to Kai. Kai had the whole of IU’s heart already and there’s no way he would stand a chance anymore.

“I hope we’ll continue being friends.” Baekhyun held out his hand, gesturing for a handshake.

“Yeah, best friends forever…” IU shook his hand and pulled him him for a hug.

 

 

Next day at school ~

Since IU and Baekhyun both confessed their inner thoughts already, there was no more awkwardness between the two of them and there were like super glue, sticking to each other wherever they went.

“Suzy-ah why is Baekhyun and IU so close today?” Kai asked.

“I don’t know. She didn’t tell me anything.” Suzy shrugged her shoulders.

‘Could it be that she has chosen Baekhyun over me?’ Kai thought.

 

The truth is, even though IU has already realized that the one she really likes is Kai, she still doesn’t know how to confess. She gets so shy when facing Kai and there was no way she could look into his eyes.

 

Months had passed and it was time for EXO’s comeback with “wolf”.

They still had the same feelings towards each other but no one dared to make the first move to confess. So, IU had made plans to give Kai a surprise.

The date for EXO’s comeback stage for “wolf” was coincidently Kai’s birthday. (Lets just imagine it is.)

IU had asked for the 11 EXO boys’ assistance in creating the most memorable event for Kai.

Usually, it’s the guys that create events for the girls to confess but IU wanted to be different. She wanted to be the one who takes the first move.