01 First day of school

Long awaited confession

“Bye darling, good luck for your first day of school !” someone said.

“Thanks omma ! Be sure to cook some nice food before I get home from school later !” a girl replied.

Hello everyone, I’m Jieun, but I prefer being called IU. Today is the first day of school at Seoul University and I’m so excited for it ! I’m looking forward to having new friends at the university.

With a clear and happy mind, I left home for school. Journey to school was quite a long trip. I had to take a bus for 30minutes then walk for about 5 minutes before I can reach school. But, it isn’t that bad as I get to enjoy the beautiful scenery while on the bus.

I waited at the bus stop for about 5 minutes and the bus finally arrived. I boarded the bus and realized that the bus was rather packed. I managed to squeeze through the crowd and stood near the back of the bus.

The next 20 minutes on the bus was quite boring actually. I just kept my earphone on and listened to the songs on my phone.

Suddenly, the bus jammed brake. I lost my balance and fell back, sitting on the lap of a stranger.

“Ouch!” the stranger shouted.

“Sorry! I’m so sorry !” I kept apologizing as I was embarrassed of what I just did.

Immediately, I stood up. ‘Byun Baek Hyun’ that was the name on the stranger’s name tag.

“Ahh, Baekhyun-ssi  I’m so sorry! Really sorry for that!” I kept my head low while apologizing.

“Its okay! It was an accident.” Baekhyun replied.

I lift my head and looked at him. His face, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. How can someone be so handsome.

Unknowingly, I have been staring at him for quite a while.

“Is anything the matter ?” he said.

“Ahh, nothing..” I quickly turned away and felt my cheeks became hotter. I was certain that I was blushing.

A few minutes later, I arrived at the bus stop. I quickly alighted and realized baekhyun alighted too.

‘Ohh, his uniform… We’re going to the same school!’ I thought to myself.

I was actually quite excited to know that he was going to be my schoolmate. Love at first sight I guess.

I skipped all the way to school and arrived quicker than expected. The school was huge ! Better than what I have expected.

 

It was the first day of school so the first year students had to go to the hall to listen to some welcome speech by the principal.

Finally, we can go to our own lecture halls. I followed the timetable issued to us and made my way to the lecture hall on third level. The lecture hall was so grand. It had a screen so huge that made me almost thinking it was a cinema. I went in and grab a seat at the third row and waited patiently for the lecturer to come in.

“Annyeong ! Can I take the seat here ?” a girl said.

“Yes sure !” I replied.

The girl took a seat beside me. “Hi, I’m Suzy, Bae Suzy ! Nice to meet you ! I’m majoring in Musical Studies too !”

“Annyeong Suzy ! I’m Jieun, just call me IU will do! Nice meeting you too !” I replied.

This Suzy girl seems quite friendly ! I guess we will be quite good friends !

We started chit chatting about our hobbies and some random things to entertain ourselves while waiting for the lecturer.

 

“Yah ! IU !” someone shouted.

I looked in the direction of where the sound came from. “Kim Jongin ?!” I shouted back.

“How many times did I tell you, just call me Kai !” Kai shouted and walked towards me.

He took a seat next to me. “Wow, its nice seeing you here. I didn’t expected to see you here ! We didn’t met for quite a long time eh.” Kai said.

“Excuse me, we only didn’t met during the holidays. You were following me everywhere I went during Highschool and every other time.” I said.

Oh, Kai was my emm childhood friend. He went overseas during the holidays with his family and that was why we couldn’t meet and tell each other which university we were going. But I guess it was pretty good seeing him here.

“I forgot to introduce. Kai, this is Suzy. My newly made friend.” I said.

“Annyeong Suzy! I’m Kai ! Hope we get along well !” Kai said and shook Suzy’s hand.

 

“Ok class ! Welcome to your very first lecture ! I’m professor Kim…” the lecturer came in to the class and started his lecture.

 

 


Annyeong ! Hope you guys have enjoyed the first chapter ! please comment and tell me your opinions !

Kamsahamnida !