Argue

Best Friend

It’s been 2 weeks since Byunghun and I became friends. In those 2 weeks, I learned a lot about him. I’d always ask him questions about himself and he would answer them honestly and bluntly.

 

“So who is your favorite international actor?” I asked him while we were eating at the rooftop

 

He smirked and answered “Of course, myself”

 

I rolled my eyes playfully. “I was asking a serious question” I said

 

He laughed and curled my hair behind my ear. “Don’t be too serious. My answer is Lee Byunghun”

 

I smiled by his action. In those 2 weeks, he became vulnerable to me. He acted himself, as if we’ve known each other for years already. He reminded me of Taemin and Jong In.

 

“You should not hang out with her. You picked the wrong girl to mess up with” a voice suddenly said.

 

Byunghun and I looked behind us to see the intruder. I saw Byunghun’s happy face turned into a glaring one. I glanced at Jong In, whom was also glaring at Byunghun. It’s like they’re having a glaring contest.

 

“It’s none of your business” Byunghun spat

 

“Well, it is my business. Because you’re hitting on my girlfriend” Jong In argued

 

He used that ‘girlfriend’ again. He’d always do that whenever guys tries to be friendly towards me. He thinks every guy that would come to me would hit on me.

 

Byunghun rolled his “Puh-lease, the three of us know that you’re lying Kai. I’m not stupid nor am I deaf. I listen to Joo Eun’s stories and I still remember them. And as far as I could remember, you’re her best friend; nothing more, nothing less”. With that Jong In glowered at him but it was nothing for Byunghun.

 

I sighed and stepped up on the line before a war could start between these two. “You need something, Jong In?”

 

Jong In then ignored Byunghun’s presence and said “I need to talk to you”. I stood up “Sure” I agreed and headed to the door. “I’ll see you later Byunghun” I waved at him.