Jong In

Best Friend

“Jongie!” I sang as I hugged Jong In’s neck from behind. He was sitting at his place in their classroom while he was looking out the window. “Hmm?” He hummed without looking.

 

I pouted as he didn’t look at me “At least look at me”

 

“Heavens forbid me to do so” He chuckled

 

I frowned “Then you’re not my best friend anymore.” I stated.”That’s okay though, I have Taemin anyways~” I sang. Before I could even untie my arms from hugging him, he suddenly took hold of them. “What is it, Joo?” He asked as if he didn’t turn me down a while ago. His eyes twinkled like an innocent kid.

 

I rolled my eyes at him “Such a brat” I muttered

 

He chuckled again and pushed my hair at the back of my ear. “You take things so seriously. You never change”

 

“You told me not to!” I stuck my tongue at him

 

Again, he chuckled. I haven’t heard that chuckle in a long time. I smiled as I look at him. He realized that I’ve been staring at him. “Don’t stare at me like you won’t see me anymore”

 

I smiled more. “I’m just happy I’m able to talk to you right now” I told him. “Ever since school started, you had been busy with your new friends”

 

His face softened “I’m sorry for always leaving you. I didn’t have much time to you anymore”

 

I shook my head “That’s the reason why I missed you.” I started “You never spent time with me anymore, Kim Jong In. I wasn’t used to it, but now I got the hang of it” I admitted

 

His face seemed guilty “Sorry” He apologized

 

“There’s no need for that” I gave him a soft smile. He squeezed my hands then kissed them lightly. “Thank you” He murmured as he closed his eyes.

 

I couldn’t stop myself from smiling. I feel contented now.