Pain

Best Friend

I hate it whenever I see you cry. I don’t like it when someone hurts you. I am much more in pain than you are when you shed a tear. I want to protect you forever. Is that possible? Can I be your protector? Your guardian angel?

 

“Kai!” Luhan snapped me out of my thoughts. I innocently glanced at him with a questioning look.

 

“I asked you how Joo Eun is doing” Luhan rolled his eyes with a scoff “You never listen to me you little bi-polar kid”

 

I sighed and shook my head “Nothing changed. She still misses him”

 

“She needs to move on” Lay said as he showed a worried look “It’s been 3 months already”

 

Before I could even say anything, I heard my message tone. I fished out my phone and read the message. It was from Joo Eun, as usual.

 

‘Jongie….’ –Joo Eun

 

I sighed and stood up from my sit “I’ll see you guys later” I bid my goodbye to my friends and headed out the cafeteria and headed straight to the rooftop.

 

I took a deep breath before opening the rooftop’s door. I stepped out of the shade and glanced at the bench where I would always find her. “Joo Eun” I called out

 

She didn’t need to look up to see who the person disturbed her silence. I’m her best friend; of course she would know that it’s me in the first place.

 

I approached her and wrapped my arms around her. I kissed the top of her head and silently but loud enough for her to hear “What is it?”

 

It didn’t take too long when I felt her tears hit my arms.

 

“I miss him…” She cried “I miss him so much”