Torn

Best Friend

Everything happens for a reason, right? I asked myself as I watched Joo Eun and Ljoe talking. It pains me. It was just yesterday when we officially ended our friendship. And now, she’s with him again. Where did I go wrong? I did everything for her. How come it became like this?

 

“It’s his entire fault” I whispered as I stared at Ljoe.

 

“Was it?” a familiar voice asked “Or was it ours?” Taemin leaned on the wall next to me. “We both know we’re at fault too”

 

I furrowed my eyebrows “What are you trying to imply?”

 

Taemin casually shrugged “I don’t hate Ljoe” he said. I was about to say something when he continued “I don’t like him either” He said “I haven’t met him. So I have no rights to judge”

 

I rolled my eyes “Well, he’s stupid”

 

“If right from the start you hated his guts, why didn’t you do anything?” Taemin looked at me. “If protecting Joo Eun was all your intention, why weren’t you there for her?” he asked. “I always see them together, Jong In. Joo Eun is always happy. I’ve never seen her that happy ever since we left her to nothing. I didn’t say anything because I saw how Joo Eun went out of her shell. And that’s a good thing. Ljoe is really nice to her, Jong In. I’m positive with that. You know I don’t just let anyone get too close to her”

 

I frowned “Why didn’t you tell me anything about it?”

 

“I didn’t have intentions to do so because if you really care for her, you wouldn’t leave her in the first place” Taemin answered

 

“But you did leave her too, Taemin! It was just not me!” I argued with him with eyes full of hatred

 

Taemin gave me a stern look. “That’s not for you to judge, Jong In. While you were too busy, I give some time for her. It may be not all of my time, but at least there’s still a space for her. Never had I forgot about my best friend, Kim Jong In”. He backfired then left me there.

 


“Aish!” I cursed as I ruffled my hair.”Why everyone are at his side?!”

 

-

 

“Stop it, Byung hun!” I laughed as he tickled my sides. “Stop it!” I kept laughing while trying to get away from him.

 

Byunghun was laughing as he stopped “Now, don’t be sad anymore, huh?”

 

I nodded at him with a smile “I won’t”

 

I told him what happened to me and Jong In yesterday when I got home. I did not intend to. It just happened. My heart feels so light whenever I was with him. I am able to tell him everything.

 

“That’s my little girl” He ruffled my hair with a smile. I pouted by his action. He always ruins my hair. “You’re so cute!” He pinched my cheeks.

 

I rolled my eyes and pushed his hands away “I’m not a baby, I muttered”

 

“You were a while ago” He chuckled.

 

“YAH!” I reacted “You told me it was okay to cry!”

 

“It was. I was just playing with you” He smiled. “Come one” He stood up. “I don’t want to be late for class”

 

We both went back inside the school building. As we were talking and walking, we saw Jong In heading to the opposite side. Byunghun and I stopped from walking, Jong In did too. We both just stood there and stared at each other. I didn’t know what to do so I just looked away and continued walking.