Chapter 3

Tearless

A girl of 11 years old finds herself inside her room, looking outside of the window with a wondering face. Her room is in the second floor of the house and she has a clear sight of the rooftop to her left side. - She's not there tonight - she sighs and looks down to her legs as she's sitting in her bed.

 

She has been watching Chaerin secretly from her dorm since the first time the latter came and saw her flying. She was shocked but amazed at the same time. Since then, she peeks her head every night at 10 o'clock where she saw Chaerin trying to see her. The little one never said anything to her parents, she kept it to herself. What could they say once their beautiful daughter tells them "Mom, dad. I saw a human flying. It's a woman" of course. They aren't going to believe her despite her pure innocence in and out of her.

 

"Darliing! Time to eat! Come down!" her mother yells looking up at the stairs as she supports herself in the wall. "Yes mom! I'm going!" her daughter yells back making her smile and walks to the table where her husband is waiting patiently.

 

The kid jumps out of her bed and heads to the kitchen.

 

"Darling. What are you doing in your room? You staying there too much lately. Now are 10 PM" her father asks once they are eating the tasty food.

 

"Is that strange, dad? I like to be alone in that hour like you, when you need to work and focuse into your computer. Or you mom" she looks at her mother. "When you work closed in your studio drawing paintings. Kids need to be alone too. You know? I need my space for myself too" her parents shocked at the answer of their innocent but smart daughter. She always talks so mature.. even her classmates in the school call her as 'GN' [Gold Neurons] because she's the best about solving difficult equations in maths. She's good in sports and karate. She's really admired.

 

"Dear. We have a super daughter or an amazing prodigy girl?" her mom looking at her husband. They two look back at the smart little person when they heard a giggle. "Both" the kid smiles proudly of herself and continue eating. Her parents look at each other and sigh with a smile.

 

After finishing their dinner, Maki, that's her name, went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Once she finished, went straight to her room and peeked her head again to see if the mysterious female silhouette was standing there. But no. Just empty space with the dark sky covered by black and grey clouds over the whole city.

 

Suddenly the red ribbon well tied in her hair loosened and flew away when firm wind blowed through her. "Oh no my favorite ribbon!" Maki saw it luckily landing in the street and run out of her room. "Princess! Where are you going?" asked her mother in the living room who was watching TV beside her husband in the couch when she saw her running like a thunder. Maki stopped herself with a hand against the mark of the door. 

 

"To the street mom!! The ribbon flew away from me when I was enjoying the wind from the window of my room! I'll be back!" Maki run outside without waiting to hear her answer and stepped out of her house. She said partially the truth. Once she couldn't see Chaerin, she closed her eyes and smiled when the wind was caressing her face.

 

Everything is dark but thanks to the lamp posts illuminating the street, she can see properly the white ground.

 

She searching quickly her ribbon as she rubs her arms. The weather feels so cold when the night arrives. The temperature is 9º right now. "Ribbon... ribbon... where are you?! I thought I was here!" Maki said to herself while searching between the lamp post and the trash bin. She running in every corner of the street but there's no trail of her red ribbon.

 

"Are you looking for this, little one?" a soft voice of a guy sudden says, making Maki turning around. "Who said that?! A-acheewww!" she sneezed and rubbed her nose. She was trembling. 

 

In the background of the street, Maki saw a black point walking closer to her. The guy appeared smiling sweetly at her with her ribbon flying in every direction into his hand as the wind keeps blowing.

 

Her eyes widened. The guy clothes were all black with a black hat too. His face was covered by a black and white hankerchief with rhombus on it. His blonde hair looked good with his clothes. He looked like a treasure hunter or something like that. - My ribbon! - 

 

The guy kneels in front of her still with his smile and lows his handkerchief. "This is yours, right? So here you have. Be more careful the next time.. you're lucky that I was around here to give it back to you" the guy gently grabs Maki hand and puts her ribbon into her hand and closes her fingers pushing them softly with his. Maki see his eyes and saw kindness through them. A kind of kindness that can make you feel that a good person is talking with you, a person without bad intentions.

 

She smiled slightly and was about to give him her thanks when her mom opened the door. "Maki! You already found your ribbon? Come on daughter, go back in home that the cold today is too much!" her mother said while waving her hand signaling her to come. 

 

Maki looked at her with fear because she was talking with a stranger. She thought she was going to be scolded but how strange it felt that her mother didn't do that and acted the opposite, normal. Maki looked back where the guy was and she saw nothing. He vanished suddenly like a ghost. Without noise or steps walking away.

 

A frown appeared in her face and run to her mother when the latter called her name again. - Who was that guy? But at least I have back my ribbon thanks to him.. -

 

She smiled at her mother when she felt her warm arms hugging her from behind with a sheet around her cold body to recover her temperature, leaning her cheek against hers. Her father sat dawn beside them and half hugged his dear family with his left arm around his wife. They are facing the fire burning in the homestack.

 

"I'm sorry for stepping out of the house without a jacket mom, but once I saw my favorite ribbon flying away I didn't think anything else but to run behind of it and find it" Maki says feeling better. She feels a peek in her cheek as a hand puting her hair behind her ear. "We know it well, Maki. But the next time remember it. Mh?" her mother hummed while angling her head to see her eyes.

 

Maki smiled and nodded. "Yeah. I will" she closed her eyes and let herself feel inside her mother arms.

 

FRRRUUUMM!!!! The fire suddenly died leaving them in the darkness. "Aah! What the hell?!" her dad exclaimed and stood up trying to find the switch. Then they heard some noises of air. "Huh? Mom!! Help me! Someone is grabbing me. Mooommm! Daaddd!!"

 

"What?!" exclaims her father and tripped in top of the soft couch.  

 

"Maki! What's happening?! Where are you?! Harry can you find the light?!!" her mother screamed trying to reach her daughter body with her hands where she heard her screaming. "I'm trying! But I can't see anything!" her husband yelling confusedly because of what's happening when he stood up. Then they hear things falling in the ground.

 

"Mmmmmmhhhh!!!!~" their eyes widening when they heard a scary scream and after that they heard nothing. "Makiiii!" "Makiiii!!" They two yelled but no one answered anymore. No scream. Just silence filled the house. "Harry!"

 

"Yes Dalia. Finally I found the light!" he was about to press the button but then....

 

FRUUUMMM!! The fire again at the same way where it turned off. Confusion, fear and anguish were the only things they felt when they saw the state of the living room. Black ashes were out of the homestack and the ribbon of Mika between them. Peeking softly over a stick with the warm fire burning it. They look desperately for Maki trying to process what happened. Her dad grabbed the red ribbon and squeezed his hand hard.

 

Hours Ago

 

Petra Planet 1565 years light of the earth. NGC 6543 - Nebula cat eye -

 

Seungri's tipping the keys of the computer as he's analizing the re-charger girls to have a better information about them and try to find the way to remove them. They are the opposite. They discharge humans making them fall instantly at the symbol with an only a touch of their hands or even a kiss. They are scanning them to find their weak points so they can dominate the human world with agony, sadness and possibly death after destroying them. They doesn't kill, just discharge. But the result of that is chaotic.

 

"The charger girls.. ah! I found it! Bom is the boss of Maleyba. A huge purple castle where thousands of charger girls and she live into it. The best chargers are Dara and Chaerin... mmh.." Seungri hums as he puts his forefinger and thumb caressing his chin while reading information and watching Dara and Chaerin body turning around in circles in 3D version. He starts to read mentally about their personalities.

 

- Chaerin: Very clumsy, that's why the people are used to make fun of her in a friendly way, able to talk with animals, sensitive, funny, without parents, is Dara mate, hard working, never cries, complains the most part of the day but everyone loves her, the best....

He reads now Dara information. - Dara: Hard working, able to read minds, is Chaerin mate, she uses to giggle, the only person who can really make her laugh is Chaerin, understanding, sweet, loves ramen, always cries with romantic movies, Bom is like a sister for her, she's the best too... -

 

Then Seungri looks at the number of people they recharged until now after 5 years. - Wow. 1.550.000 people?! No wonder why they are the best - his eyes glued on the screen looking in every number. Then he feels a presence behind him coming closer. "Oh hello Jiyong" Seungri steps back to let him see the screen. Jiyong and his group follow him from behind.

 

"Hello. Tell me Seungri, you have some result about her?" he asks looking at Chaerin and Dara in 3D version still moving in circles. Seungri smiles widely. "Yes! I finally have something good to show you Jiyong. You'll be very happy. Look!" Seungri presses happily a button and a picture of a girl appeared in the screen. Jiyong immediately looks at her baby facel.

 

"She's her. Akari. Your wife. The person that you have been looking for so desperately and to see her all these years. Now she's inside this body of this little girl after what happened to her about 4 years ago" Seungri looks at the screen after watching Jiyong in the eyes.

 

Jiyong feels the excitement starting to wave through him. He has been trying to find his death wife all this time without stop when a huge explosion between the charger girls and discharger boys caused her to die. This is her last reincarnation. Many people died that day but Dara, Chaerin, Seungri, Bom and Jiyong could survive at the war. Finally today Jiyong has a big chance to be with her wife again.

 

"This kid is really her? How can be so sure about that?"

 

"Yes she's really her. We have been making many proofs and we confirmed it. This cute kid is really Akari. We're not doubting at all. All our proofs told us the same" Seungri says proudly while pointing at the screen. Jiyong smiles widely. "Great job Seungri!! Great job. And tell me. What's her name now?!" Jiyong heart is beating animatedly as he clenches his hands into fists from his happiness and hopes.

 

"Her name in this life is Maki. Maki Uotani. And she has 11 years old" he explains.

 

- Maki Uotani... - Jiyong can't look anything else but the picture. "And which part of the world she's living?"

 

"In South Korea, Seoul" Seungri shows him the part of the earth where he'll have to go and shows him the house too.

 

Seungri see his excited face and puts his hands against his shoulders. "Listen. She's really Akari. We're 100% sure. We need her to be here so we're going to let out her true identity and we'll be able to win the war this time. Bring her here safety and don't let anyone to see you" Seungri pats his shoulders and removes his hands from him.

 

Jiyong eyes are shining like stars. Although he's the boss he looks like a kid when it comes to his wife. His dear wife. Jiyong nods and smiles. "Okay. I'll be here in some minutes. And please, continue searching about their all weak points so we'll finally destroy them easily once for all" he says seriously.

 

Seungri and his crew nod at him as he's about to fly and nods back. Then they saw Jiyong leaving and started to fly farhest and farhest when he looked up at the sky. "Akari.. finally I found you. So many times trying it and we finally did it. You'll be with me soon, my love" he says to himself and presses the button in his chest through his black outfit to open a white hole over his head.

 

Few moments later, he flies ahead to Seoul and soon he sees the house that Seungri showed him through the computer some moments ago. He lands secretly and silently in a solitary place.

 

Walking calmly to the house, his heart starts to beat stronger and faster after every step he does. His wish will come true tonight, after waiting four agonizing years.

 

Then he see someone peeking her head in the window and then disappears. He saw a red ribbon flying because of the air and landed close to his feet. He looked down and bend his legs to pick it up and smells it. His heart jumping. - Oh my god, smells like her.. my Akari - Jiyong smiles happily when he see a little girl searching for her ribbon. "That's her... my Akari"

 

Slowly, Jiyong walks closer after a minute of staring her in the darkness. "Are you looking for this, little one?" he asked trying not to scared her. Maki looked at him after turning around. "Who said that?! A-acheewww!" she sneezed making Jiyong laugh mentally. "So cute... her voice is so angelic" he said to himself and approached to kneel in front of her with a smile. He lows his handkerchief to speak properly.

 

"This is yours, right? So here you have. Be more careful the next time.. you're lucky that I was around here to give it back to you" then Jiyong grabs softly her hand with his and puts her ribbon into it and closes her fingers. Jiyong can't stop staring at her, repeating himself that this little person is her wife. Then he saw Maki smilling a bit and she parted her lips to speak. But Jiyong heard the door opening and vanished quickly before her mother could see him. Jiyong was looking at them secretly until he saw Maki going inside of her house.

 

Thinking about a plan, finally he decided to go inside the house by the homestack. He fell straight over the ashes, making the fire turning off and softly grabbed Maki into his arms. Maki screamed. Jiyong back accidently hit the wall making the things fall in the ground while her parents were screaming her name as her father trying to turn in the light.

 

Then he covered with his palm and half hugged Maki waist with his free arm. "Mmmmmmhhhh!!!!~" Few moments later they vanished from there.

 

Jiyong was flying out of the house with Maki into his arms until he uncovered his hand from . "Akari.. don't scream please. Don't fight" he looked at her deeply as the moon light is illuminating her face. Maki looks at him with a gasp.

 

"You're the person about earlier! Who's Akari? Who are you?! Or I should say better what are you. Let me go!" Maki tried to release herself from his arms but it was useless. Jiyong strong arms were imposible to move away. Then she faced him. "Let me go! My parents are-" Her words were muffled when Jiyong gave her a kiss with closed eyes, making her wide her eyes by the sudden action and tried to push him away, but her arms suddenly felt numb, felt heavy. Her body started to stop fighting as she felt like falling asleep.

 

Maki closed her eyes still feeling Jiyong kiss and some seconds later she heard Jiyong voice saying, "I'm sorry Akari. I have to do this so you won't fight because of the person you're in this life. I know you can't recognize me who I am but soon, you will... you will" repeated Jiyong looking at her beautiful face with love. Maki finally closed her eyes and fell deeply asleep. Jiyong softly carried properly her body like a bride and they two disappeared into the white hole.

 

Meanwhile, in Maleyba...

 

Chaerin and Dara are having a dinner while looking a romantic movie. Moulin Rouge. The movie it's about to finish and Dara cries like a baby by the sad scene. She can't help but to cry always with that ending. While Chaerin pats softly her shoulder trying to calm her without any tear rolling down from her eyes, looking at her with serious face. 

 

"A-ahh... Chaerinn.. this ending is so s-sad!" Dara wipes her tears again and again. Chaerin face went serious hearing Dara's sobs.

 

"Yeah is sad..." Chaerin says and looks at the dying Satine into Christian arms after their perfomance with the long curtains touching at each other. She felt her chest tightening strongly and her heart in deep pain when she thought Dara dying instead of her, into her arms, telling her to write their own story. She gulped heavily and smiled. Swallowing her emotions inside. 

 

"Come here.. I'll wipe the tears for you" Chaerin opened her arms while sitting on the bed. Dara look at her as she was in her own bed and stood up.

 

She sits next to her and Chaerin put her arm softly around her shoulders grabbing the tissue paper from Dara hands and carefully wipes her tears. "You really like this movie, right?" asks Chaerin. "You always end crying" she adds and smiles. Dara looks at her. "L-look who talks... the person that never show her tears" Dara says making Chaerin giggle slightly.

 

Then Chaerin has an idea to make Dara lift her mood. The movie already ended so she turns off the TV. Chaerin throws the white tissue paper to the trash bin. 

 

"Lights and music please?!" Chaerin says and looks to a side as her arm points up to the ceiling ending with the tip of her forefinger with a funny pose. Her black hair is covering her face. Dara blinks.

 

So soon as she said that, a silver metallic ball appeared in the ceiling as started to move in circles in a slow way while the lights turned off. Their dorm seemed a dance floor with the thousand colours moving non stop. A rhythmic song of techno began.

 

"Hyaayyy! Here I am to lift Dara mood with Chaerin. Meeee!! Yoohooo!!" Chaerin began to dance funnily making Dara giggle and wipes her eyes and giggles again.

 

The song makes the monkey clock starting to dance. "Haha the monkey is dancing too" Dara says as she points at him. The monkey winks and continue dancing. Chaerin giggles. "Monkeyy! I know we're not friends but why we don't forget all my complains for a moment and you dance with me?" Chaerin asks and moves her forefinger up and down with a grin.

 

The monkey hesitated at first but he decided to go there to have fun. Once Chaerin left him in the ground, the monkey started to grow more and more after every step until he was so tall like Dara and Chaerin. "But don't play with your cymbals okay? Change them by your hands!" 

 

"Okay!" its cymbals disappeared and two pair of brown hands replaced them. Then Chaerin smirked as she was looking and dancing beside the monkey dancing and stopped. She saw Dara behind his shoulder and winked her eye. "Ready to hear his laughs Sanda Rin?" Dara smirked back and nodded with excited face.

 

The monkey widened his eyes when he felt two hands tickling him in his waist and started to laugh hysterically. He fell in the ground with Chaerin in top as she was laughing too.

 

"HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAH STOP STOP!!! I CAN'T HAHAHHAHA.. CHAERIN STOPP!!!!" the monkey was hitting his feet to the ground. Dara burst on laughter as she's looking the funny scene. - Yes! She's laughing! My purpose is completed haha. But I can't stop. His laughs are so funny! - Chaerin thought and Dara heard it well.

 

Feeling animated, Dara approached to them and attacked the monkey with the same torture beside Chaerin. They laughed so much that their stomach were giving them a pain that was going to be a little difficult to recover. Their muscles of their abdomen were so tight that they had to stop to recover their breath.

 

Chaerin and Dara stopped torturing the poor monkey and let him breathe. Releasing a long sight, Dara looked at Chaerin affectionately. "Thank you Chaerin for lifting my frame of mind.. you're the best" she smiles and pecks her cheek with a delicate kiss. Chaerin smiles back with a slight blush. "You're very welcome. I just wanted to stop your tears.." Chaerin looks at the monkey wth a smile.

 

"Aaargh! I have the best mate of the world!!" Dara hugs Chaerin as she was sitting in Dara bed making her lie down. Chaeri giggles and hugs her back.

 

"I have the best mate too" Chaerin pokes her nose making Dara widening her smile. Then Chaerin looks at the rose traversing her hair. "Let me care of this rose.. so she's not going to wither" Dara nodded and sat down in her bed as Chaerin too with the rose into her left hand. 

 

"Jar with water" Chaerin hand hanging in the air and appears what she asked. She put the rose inside and started to move animatedly her petals, making the two of them smile.

 

"This is you" Chaerin puts the red rose beside Dara's face and smiles. 

 

"Aw Chaerin... don't say those things..." Dara ducks her head. "Why?" Chaerin moves it away from her and puts the jar in the night table beside them and looks at Dara again. "B-because you're making me blush..." Dara murmured looking at the ground.

 

"Eh?! Really?! Wow let me see!!?" Chaerin puts gently her forefinger with her thumb against her chin and lifts slowly her face without forcing her. Her eyes looking at the red spots in Dara's cheeks. "Woww. You look red ㅋㅋ.. you know.. I don't want to make fun of this moment, but... you look really beautiful with this red face" Chaerin smiles sweetly and removes her fingers from her. Chaerin's statement making Dara blush even more. The monkey came back to his usual spot and his hands disappeared, changing them back into cymbals.

 

Chaerin giggles and pecks her cheek. "Okay! Time to go to sleep. Tomorrow we have a lot of work.." Chaerin tries to get up to go at her own bed but Dara stops her with her hands over hers. Chaerin sits down slowly as she's facing her. 

 

"Chaerin...." Dara says softly.

 

"Yes?"

 

Dara approaches closer to her and pecks her lips staying there for a seconds. Chaerin's world stopped to move, she closed her eyes as an involuntary gesture until she felt Dara leaning back. "As a thank you for being so nice with me and for the great person you are. For everything. My mate. Everything is better when you're around.." Dara couldn't express better after all what Chaerin did to her. That was the best way to express how grateful she feels.

 

Dara pinches sweetly her nose. Chaerin opens her eyes and saw a smiling Dara. A strong blush appeared in her face making Dara smirk. Chaerin felt like flying when she said those words. 

 

"Let me tell you that you look really beautiful with your red face too" Dara laughs covering with her left hand and stops showing her best smile she can offer to Chaerin.

 

Chaerin could react and smiled back. "Thank you so much for your kiss... although we're girls.. means a lot for me" Chaerin blushes more and wraps her arms around Dara, hugging her tightly. Dara smiles warmly and hugs her back leaning her head to her shoulder.

 

They stayed in that position for some minutes until they parted away. "Click?" asks Chaerin showing her fingers about to clap. Dara smiles. "Click!"

 

They clap their fingers in unison and their black outfit turned into pajamas. Chaerin sighs silently with a smile. "Goodnight Sanda Rin.."

 

Dara smiles. "Goodnight Baby Rin.. sleep tight"

 

"You too. Dream with rabbits tonight" Chaerin smirks and laughs when Dara slapped softly her shoulder.

 

Chaerin then went to her bed and put herself in, covering herself with the sheets. Dara did the same. 

 

"Dara........" Chaerin called shyly her name while they're facing each other.

 

"Mmmh?"

 

"Can I give you a kiss like you did before?! A friendly kiss!!?" Chaerin asks straight as she bites hard her lower lip. Her fingers of her feet and hands tensed while grabbing hard the sheets.

 

- Oh no what I said?! Stupid Chaerin! You shouldn't take advantage of this! Not after her kiss! Oh I want to hideee...!! - Chaerin screaming inside her mind, unable to look at Dara. She squeezes her eyes, wanting to disappear but a sound of sheets moving makes her open them again very slow and sees Dara supporting a hand against the ground leaning closer to her.

 

"Do it.." she says softly smiling sweetly.

 

"R-really?" Chaerin blushes as she removes the sheets from her face. Dara smiles looking at her blush and nods.

 

"Yes"

 

Chaerin sighs heavily. Her heart beating animatedly. Chaerin approaches shyly to her, supporting her weight with a hand against the ground as they are just inches part from each other. Chaerin slowly breaks the distance between them and their lips touched. Eyes closed. Their lips seemed to fit perfectly.

 

Chaerin parted her lips and Dara angled her head to a side to give her a proper kiss. Their lips closing in unison until a wet sound went out from them. After some seconds, they parted away and smiled shyly at each other.

 

"Thank you.." Chaerin said while came back to the normal position and covered her shoulders with the sheets. Dara did the same and smiled warmly. "Not mention it" Dara winked her eye to her and closed them with a smile in her lips.

 

Chaerin closed them too still feeling her strong heartbeat through her chest and sighed deeply through her nose.

 

Few moments later, they fell asleep still facing at each other.

 

=

=

=

=

 

Thank you Taz386 for your vote! I don't know if you guys like the story? It is interesting for you? *unsure* Tell me your thoughts please =D..