Chapter 12

Tearless

"When do you think will she wake up?"

 

"I don't know. Time will say it sooner or later." Bom looks at Maki's face.

 

"Can you stay with her till she wakes up?"

 

Chaerin's eyes open widely in disbelief.

 

"What?"

 

"Heh.. don't give me this face Chaerin. Everyone even Dara knows you're good with kids, very good! That's why the people here used to call you 2x3 every week to be the babysitter of their babies, because you were the best. You can get along with them easily as no one else can. You have the ability."

 

Chaerin sighs in protest. "Bom, I don't have time for kids. Not anymore. Dara's hurt in the bedroom and I won't be able to focus on her if I'm here! Maybe I was the best but that's just the past! I'm done with all that. I have to be there with her since she ended up hurt in our way back, not here. I'm a retired babysitter. Please Bom, give the task to some of the girls to check on Maki but not me." She begs her through her gaze.

 

"Chaerin.. no one has the patience you have in whole Zamboya. You're the indicated person for this. Children and people still see you as a kind of superwoman and they always want to play with you! Will you disappoint them like this? And don't worry about Dara, I'll be taking care well of her while you're here."

 

Bom smirks.

 

"She'll survive if she doesn't see you around for a while."

 

"Yah!" Chaerin pinches her nose making her giggle.

 

"Sorry! So... will you?" Bom looks at her in anticipation as she rubs her pinched nose.

 

Chaerin just looks at her carefully and can feel as if all the children she had took care before are waiting for her response with the same anticipated expression as an angelical music plays at the background.

 

"No!"

 

Bom stares at her harder than before, her eyes widening a bit more.Then her hands pinches both of her s twisting them to a side.

 

"Aaahh.."

 

Chaerin groans painfully as she frowns at her stare, then surrenders as she closes her eyes. "Asssh! Okay, I will~! Stop using this kind of stare and remove your hands from my s!!"

 

Bom grins in success and moves her hands down.

 

"That's what I wanted to hear. Our super babysitter is back! Sooo.. see you later. I'll go now. Byeee, see you later~" She waves her hand and leaves the room with that smirk printed in her lips.

 

'This Bom always using her methods to make me say yes!'

 

Chaerin lets out a long sigh and looks at Maki's face. It's been so long since she was a known babysitter but people still remembers her even though two years have passed since she was.

 

"Well, being close to a kid again won't hurt.." She says to herself.

 

. . . . .

 

Movements in the bed makes her wake up quickly as Chaerin lost her conscience for a few seconds. 

 

She can see Maki covering the half of her face as she looks back at her carefully. Then her mind remembers her. The time when she saw Chaerin looking up at the moon on the roof every night.

 

"Finally you're awake." Chaerin says while she rubs her sleepy eyes and gives her a smile.

 

Maki just looks at her without blinking.

 

"Don't be afraid. I'm not here to hurt you. As you can see I'm just sitting here. I'm just here to take good care of you."

 

'After Bom and her ways to get what she wants!'

 

She waits for her to speak up but Maki didn't for a long while.

 

'Aamhh.. okay, this it will take a while.'

 

"Just talk when you feel like talking. I'll be just here waiting patiently." Chaerin reassure her with a soft smile and rests her hands over her laps as she's sitting in the edge of the bed.

 

Their eyes met several times before Maki looked away. And Chaerin always gave her a sweet smile.

 

After 5 minutes.

 

 Maki finally makes herself talk. "Where... where am I?"

 

"You're at Zamboya, a planet 1000 light years far from earth and, chaaaan! I'm Lee Chaerin." She puts a hand in her chest.

 

"Nice to meet you, Maki." She bows at her trying to be friendly and get closer to her.

 

"..... how do you know my name? You must be kidding me, right? People living in a planet 1000 light years from the earth?! That's...." An incredulous giggle escapes from her.

 

"I know what is it. You're thinking this is the craziest thing you have heard or you're talking with a lunatic blonde, but no, this is damn real as the conversation we have now. You must be kidding me if you think human beings are the only ones living in earth planet. You just have to look at me or out of the window and check it out by yourself if you want." Chaerin points at the window next to her bed and crosses her arms in her chest.

 

Maki looks at her then leans over making her gasp in obvious surprise. A hand against .

 

Chaerin smiles watching her reaction.

 

"See? It's true. Listen, We know who you are, everyone here knows it. Me and another person brought you here before that evil could wake the real you up and doing something very dangerous to us. I'm sure you know about who I'm talking about, right? Kwon Jiyong. Also known as GDragon. You'll remember him in advance if you don't. He, his people and all of us know there's a part of you inside that you might not have discovered yet. Or maybe you have but don't really know if the memories or visions in your head are real or just imaginations. All of them are real. Akari. Does that name sounds familiar to you? It does, right? Believe it or not... you're the reincarnation of the big Jiyong's wife, Juon Akari. That's why Jiyong caught you inside your house that night and took you to Petra, another planet 1565 light years from the earth. He wanted to wake you up and use your powers to.. mmmh, puuum! Like, now you see me, then you don't see me anymore. But we want to use yours to make the peace come back again between them and us so anyone will die. We have been peaceful by generations but we're in war again since his wife reborn again under the name: Kaname Maki. That's you." 

 

Maki scratches her dizzy head as she sees many scenes flooding in her mind as a tsunami.

 

Chaerin and Dara standing in the roof of her house.. the time when she was also a charger girl and used to fly with Dara and Chaerin invisibly to the human world. Then GDragon got inside her house and took her with him into his arms before losing her conscience. Familiar voices talk about her as she was sleeping into into the water. She can look at herself in adult version and a man that looks extremely familiar to her while she caresses lovingly his face with the tip of her fingers before kissing him. A pain in her chest makes her a bit suffocated.

 

"Aarggh.. my mind is blurry." She holds her head feeling mentally tired.

 

"Don't worry, many past memories are coming back to you because you really lived all that. You must accept it with an open mind, okay? You were a great companion to us before GDragon chose you to be his wife. I'm sorry if you head hurts by the sudden mental attack I'm giving you, hehe.. but you'll get used to it. If you remember something you can write it down in here on this notebook." Chaerin smiles apologetically as she gives her a pencil and a notebook that just appeared in her hands making Maki gasp.

 

She take it all slowly and looks at her carefully up and down.

 

"How did you do that?!"

 

"You also can but it's not the moment now since you're discovering your true self."

 

'Really?! Can I do that?! I'll have to practice when I'm alone then..'

 

"Soo.. you say I'm this person, Juon Akari.. ah, I'm really confused but it's not that weird and crazy what you're saying because it sounds.. oddly familiar to me. As if I know you from a long time and I've been here before too. What about this outfit? ... you look like a motor racer." she looks at her curves down to her sharp black heels.

 

Chaerin giggles at the funny comparison.

 

"I know right? I really look like one. Actually all of us wear the same outfit, even the people out there wear it too. We're the super charger girls." She smiles proudly to herself.

 

Maki blinks. "And what do you do?"

 

"We have the mission to help human beings to recover their happiness. This means, if they are sad or suuuper sad, we change that giving them the chance to live a happy life instead of a frustrated one. Understand? That's our job and we live for that. We don't hurt them or anything." 

 

"Huumm... I see. I think I understand."

 

"Cool." Chaerin nods.

 

Maki looks at her straight in the eyes. "You know.. this is not the first time I have seen you. I recognized you so soon when I woke up. You are the girl that was standing on the roof of my house at nights. I was so curious that I couldn't even sleep. I also saw another person with you. It was another girl. A brown haired one."

 

'Huuuh??! She's talking about Dara!'

 

"What??! Did.. you see us..?!......" Chaerin holds her breathe in obvious shock.

 

'Asshh that wasn't supposed to happen!'

 

"Yes, I did. You were there and another person came and then you both were gone quickly in the air like a flash. You both are the reason of waking up at mornings with dark circles."

 

"A-aah... umh.. well.. you could see us because you're not a simple human.. Juon Akari from the past had the same ability as you so I'm not that surprised that you have the same one as her because you're her. Hehee.. hehehehehe...." Chaerin scratches her cheek while giggling embarrassedly.

 

"Mmmmhh. I see.... then tell me Chirin,"

 

"Chaerin." She corrects her as her forefinger points up at the ceiling.

 

"Chirin sounds cool enough. So tell me, when will I be out of this place or more like, what is the reason about what I'm here?"

 

'Oh man you just can't call me Chirin! What kind of name is that?! Not even Dara ever called me this way. Not even our boss corn lover!'

 

Chaerin takes her breath ignoring the way she has called her before looking at her. Maki holds back herself from smirking at the her dumbfounded expression.

 

"... when everything ends. We need you here so far. I don't want to make you feel dizzier since all what you know now I think it's enough work for you to deal with, so you'll discover little by little as you're here. Once all it ends and gets back to normal we'll personally leave you back your place, I promise."

 

"Okay.. but if you say I'm Akari how do you know where's my place?"

 

Chaerin smirks and lifts her eyebrow.

 

"We are alien.. of course I know where you live. We had an eye put on you for a long time, dear." She pokes her in the nose naughtily.

 

"Tell me. Do you want something to eat?" Chaerin changes the topic cheerfully.

 

Maki's stomach growls at the question, making Chaerin smile in understanding.

 

"That means yes. What do you want? Ask anything."

 

'Anything..?! Ummh, then...'

 

Maki hides the half of her face as her cheeks turn slightly red.

 

"Pizza." She mutters.

 

"Mwo? Pizza? At this hour?" Chaerin looks at her surprised and throws a glance to the watch hanging on the wall. It marks 9 AM.

 

"Yeah I want pizza.."

 

"Well okay.. what kind do you want?"

 

"Pepperoni!" She answers excitedly moving the blanket down to her laps. 

 

"Pepperoni? This is something unexpected, even for someone as Akari. She never had been a big fan of pizza."

 

"But that's what I want. Make appear a pizza as you did before with that pencil and notebook." Maki shows her hands begging her to give it to her.

 

"Please." She begs with puppy eyes.

 

Chaerin's eyes open a bit more watching the real Akari doing the same waiting gesture sitting right beside Maki, as the hidden and unknown self materialized for a short period of time before vanishing in a puff of white smoke.

 

'Akari...'

 

So many memories strick into Chaerin's mind. Pushing off her thoughts from her head, her flat hands turn around as she has a soft smile printed in her face.

 

"Okay then... pepperoni pizza to my hand, please."

 

At the moment, a white dish with a pizza on it appears over her hand making Maki drooling.

 

Chaerin places it over her legs.

 

Before Maki can introduce the first piece of it happily into , Chaerin stops her gently.

 

"What?" Maki frowns and lifts her eyebrow.

 

"What do you have to say before starting to eat? We use the same method as you in the human world before eating."

 

"..... ah, bon appetite."

 

"Good, now you can start to eat. Enjoy the food." Chaerin smiles at her as Maki start devouring hungrily the pizza.

 

"Uuughh delicious! It's been so long since I ate one!" she exclaims in delight between bites after a while.

 

Chaerin smiles at her, then she turns her head toward the window and stand up from the bed and walks towards it to look at the outside. She smiles and waves back to the people that stop to greet her before following their path while floating in the air.

 

The pinky sky is getting dark signaling that night is approaching.

 

After a while the door half opens revealing Dara and Bom standing behind of it, seeing Chaerin trying to have a conversation again with the younger girl but the latter ignored her since Maki's busy eating.

 

"You made me say bon appetite, so I'm not going to stop eating and talk to you until I end, okay?" She says seriously after swallowing down a good amount of food.

 

"Okay."

 

Chaerin sighs heavily at her sudden burst of adolescent behavior and looks around trying to think of a cool topic she might feel interested when she's finished.

 

They smile when they see Maki's lips smirking at the pouting Chaerin and close the door gently before facing Dara.

 

"She's doing well, so well! Akari's smirking! That's a really good signal."

 

"Why?" Ask Dara.

 

She sighs deeply. "I tried to make her talk, to have a simple conversation with her when she was awake but Maki just kept with shut all the time. 0 words. Me! The biggest mayoress Park Bom from Zamboya completely ignored by a kid! Now she's eating and talking with her! Chaerin's really something." Bom says proudly of her.

 

Dara smiles at her and presses her ear against the door.

 

"What kind of breakfast is this?! Kids shouldn't eat pizza at this hour of the morning."

 

"Too late." Maki pats her contented stomach.

 

"*sighs* yeah too late. It's already floating happily into your tummy!"

 

Dara smiles listening Chaerin's funny voice.

 

'She really has a talent with kids, as always.'

 


 

 

GDragon walks left to right slowly as he's looking carefully every face in front of him. Thousand of his comrades stand in rows one behind the other ready to listen their boss. All of them wearing armories and guns.

 

He stops in front of Onew's face. "Guys, we have been incredibly tricked by the charger girls. After analyzing the blood it was confirmed to belong to Dara. We don't know who was the other person next to her under Key's appearance, but we're suspicious it might be her mate Lee Chaerin. They have eaten our food, have bathed and even kissed right in front of our noses. And who knows what must have they done more into their room. We'll take our revenge by going to their world to look for Akari and kill them all. I don't want anyone alive!! Is that clear!!?" He growls furiously. Onew steps slightly back due his loud tone shocking him a bit.

 

"Yes, sir!"

 

"Just leave Dara and Chaerin alone for me. I'll be the one who's going to kill them personally. No one makes fun of my face like this, not even the best charger girls in the world!" He imagines the way he's going to kill them as his fists squeeze hard.

 

"Yes, sir!" everyone exclaims firmly again.

 

"Let's vanish them from Zamboya once for all. Go charge your guns now! We're leaving Petra. Move!" he screams again. His eyes flaming more furiously than a mad Charizard

 

They all give him a soldier salute before everyone start to dispersing quickly. Then GDragon looks down at his hand. A black sun shape with sharp rays around of it with a tiny red circle on it.

 

'I can't wait to put this on you, my precious Akari. I'll make you be back to the person you were.'

 

 

. . . . .

 

 

Maki looks up at the sky as a new smell is spreading at Zamboya's atmosphere. A bitter smell of danger.

 

Chaerin has been guiding Maki around Zamboya to bring back the memories of her previous life. The charger girl felt as a book since Maki is always asking her questions about GDragon, Petra, Zamboya and herself. She's slowly trusting and liking Chaerin but shows it to her by being naughty and mean.

 

Maki can see the violet color of the sky waving into a red color as she's the ice cream Chaerin just bought for her a moment ago. A red boreal aurora twists left and right continuously meaning something big will happen. The wind is blowing harder than expected.

 

That's when a blurry vision bumps in her mind.

 

She saw the same before the war between the two worlds. A big and apocalyptic day making the hair of her arms standing.

 

Everyone looks up at the sky too with fear evident in their faces, hiding themselves into their houses, making sure they have locked the windows and doors. Every mother hug their daughters not wanting them to know what is the meaning of the red color spreading in the whole Zamboya.

 

Then the dark ball glued on her chest turns red. "Chaerin, bring Maki back immediately to the castle!! Hurry up!" Bom commands quickly.

 

"Yes, boss. Come on Maki, you can eat the rest of the ice cream later. It's dangerous being out in here today so come on."

 

She's about to complain but watching Chaerin's serious face she had to cancel her intention quickly and obey.

 

She nods. "Okay."

 

Chaerin takes her hand and the two of them float straightly to the castle as the can see barely a soul flying outside.

 

So soon they arrive Maki's left to Bom and her expert crew of specialists to help Maki to turn into the light version of Akari, then no one will die at both parties and end with finally this endless rebellion forever.

 

"Something's going wrong, right?" Asks Maki as they are still flying.

 

Chaerin nods. "The sky in red is never nothing good. Look at the streets. No soul is around anymore as a signal something big is about to happen so that's why you'll stay here with Bom. She'll keep you safe from any danger."

 

"With that red haired girl again?"

 

"Yes, her. She and vice presidents in charge of the missions into the human world will be next to you all the time. They won't let anything bad happen to you. And that red haired girl as you call it, is a very... naughty person and likes kids as well. You'll like her soon if you're patient." Chaerin smiles at her before the two land on the main entrance of the castle.

 

Maki just hums.

 

"Haha you look funny with this frowning face. Give her a chance and the both of you will get along so fast. I'm sure about it Maki, maybe even faster than you and I did." Chaerin giggles and opens the doors.

 

"No way." Maki refuses.

 

"I don't think that's possible. She's not that cool as..." She pauses.

 

Chaerin turns around facing her. "As who?"

 

Many people had take care of Maki but any of them got a single word from her, or even if they did it didn't take more than 10 or 20 minutes. Only Dara and Chaerin got to get closer to her and Maki let them without trying as hard as the others.

 

"..... as you!" Maki runs to her pinching her waist and keeps running by the corridor.

 

Chaerin blinks in surprise by her sudden compliment and action. Her hand rubs the spot the latter had just pinched her as the Maki's getting far and far.

 

Chaerin draws a grin and flies quickly to the small girl direction and carries her gently into her arms as a bride.

 

"Don't run around without knowing where you're going to. You might get lost in this huge castle." Chaerin's smiles softly at her making Maki tensed body relaxing and curls closer slowly to her while nodding.

 

She can feel her heartbeat pounding. Compared to the human heart, Zamboya's citizens heart beat 3 times per minute instead of 2. Even they can reach four beats per minute when they feel highly excited.

 

"Where's this little princess going?" Dara joins them flying as well by their right side. Chaerin looks at her surprised in the eyes before moving them to her bandaged arm. She receives a warm smile from her.

 

Maki looks at Dara and her eyes roll up at the mention of her destination.

 

"To the fantastic red haired alien." She says sarcastically and crosses her arms showing her discomfort.

 

Dara and Chaerin giggle slightly.

 

"Even though Bom's the boss and the one who manages our world, she's really cool. I'm sure you'll like her too. Give her a chance, huh, naughty girl?" Dara raises her eyebrows in unison.

 

"I don't have a choice, don't I? So I'll try."

 

Dara's and Chaerin's meet and smile at each other before staring forward. They land in front of Bom's office and open the door with a simple mental command.

 

"Here she is, Bom." Chaerin leaves Maki gently on the floor.

 

"Perfect! Thanks girls." Bom smiles down at the little girl, softly taking her wrist. Maki looks up at her and later at the other two.

 

"Fine. We'll leave now and will do what we must do." The three of them nod at each other before Dara looks at the little Maki, and walks towards her to poke her in the nose.

 

"See you later, little Akari." She winks at her. Chaerin approaches too and pats her in the head.

 

"They'll treat you well. But if you get annoyed, call her as super corn lover, she'll like it a lot to be called like that. Bye!" Chaerin takes Dara's wrist and the two of them fly away quickly out of the room before Bom can take her revenge on her for teasing her with the nickname.

 

Maki's pout turns slowly into a smirk as she looks up at the person next to her again.

 

"So your nickname is corn lover, eh? You better treat me well." She giggles in a teasing way.

 

 

Bom lets out a sigh.

 

 

'Aissh, Chaerin.. even with a serious situation as this one you still joke around!'

 

 

After they have established thousands of protective giant bubbles at every house and building of Zamboya to make them be safe from what it has to come in a near future, Chaerin sits beside Dara as they can see their beautiful city standing km away from them, sitting at the oval tip of a mountain. A wide pink horizon shows itself for them as they record what they see now. They might not see it the same way at all afterwards. The bubbles reflect the sunlight, waving a transparent white color, waving up to a descendent movement to the end and start over again.

 

"How's your arm?

 

"Fine. The wound has healed completely."

 

"That's cool to know."

 

The wind blows firmly through them, making their hair cover their noses and partially their mouth too.

 

Chaerin brushes her blonde hair away from her face.

 

The time of the real war is near irremediably, and Chaerin has been thinking about something to tell Dara lately. She has been hiding it for a long time but, will be a good to say it? Maybe yes, or she might regret it later once the war has finally finished.

 

"Dara." Her heart start beats thrice faster after pronouncing her name.

 

"Mmmh?" Dara turns her head toward her.

 

"Ah, well.." She scratches her nape feeling the blood running every inch of her body.

 

Their eyes meet and hold each other stare.

 

"It's been a long, really long time that I," she pauses to find the best words to continue.

 

"Yes?" Dara's stare is so soft but intense at the same time, making Chaerin flying away from herself.

 

Her heartbeat raises to four beats, making her hands ripping a bit the bright pink grass each sides of her.

 

Then she palms her hot forehead and giggles embarrassedly, looking away from Dara's brown eyes.

 

"Oh man.. this is difficult."

 

"Why? Just say it. Take your time whatever you want to tell me, Chaerin." Dara encourages her placing a few strand of her lace hair behind her ear.

 

They had been through a lot since they met. Always going together here and there around Zamboya in their mission and having long meetings with Bom, or also resting a bit as sharing their taste for their favorite drink: Aquarius! Even though the first days of sharing a room together were just as frustrating as a rainy day. They began to accept each other after slowly but with an open heart after Chaerin's father made his appearance that day. They promised themselves to make an effort to get along well with each other.

 

Chaerin looks at her... well, at her forehead since Dara always has her hair held in a hair rubber. Looking at her forehead is bearable enough for her than looking into her eyes. Her heart might raise the beat crazily than already does, so she glues her attention at the closest spot of her eyebrows so the latter will think she's looking on the eyes.

 

"Someone has told me that loves you.. a friend of mine. She adores you and has feelings for you.I mean.. she's in love with you. She's like my sister so she explained it all to me since we're very close.., and wanted you to know it before the battle can start."

 

"... really? And who's that friend? I want to meet her and talk to her."

 

"Ummh.. she's.." Chaerin scratches her nape nervously looking away from her.

 

'! What I should say now?!'

 

Dara of course heard her thoughts. Chaerin always forget it!

 

"Chaerin," Dara cups her cheeks dragging her face toward her. Chaerin takes her breath and looks finally into Dara's eyes. She melts inside when her mate drew a teasing smile. An eyebrow moves up.

 

"Do you think I'm-" a ring interrupts her as the circle in their chests turn violet.

 

"Dara..! Cha... aah! Chaerin!" Bom's voice greets them loudly and hear many things falling to the floor, some crashing with her fast breathing as she's running. Screams everywhere.

 

"What is it Bom?" Dara ask frowning heavily.

 

"They.. they are here! Discharger boys!" Dara and Chaerin stand up in a blink at that.

 

"They are getting inside the caste in packs and are killing everyone! You can hear the screams already. I'm being chased as I'm taking Maki away from here! Bring your here right now and-!" The call ends abruptly.

 

A black cloud start covering the city. Tiny black spots spread around as an apocalyptic wave and it descends toward the buildings and houses.

 

". Bom is in trouble! Chaerin, let's go! We'll have this conversation later." Chaerin nods quickly at her and look at the dark horizon.

 

Then takes Chaerin's hand and the both of them fly straight to the castle at the maximum velocity.