Chapter 1

Tearless

Zamboya Planet, 1.000 light years far from the earth. Nebula M2-9. - Nebula of the twin jets - Raises a big alien city. 

 

The violet sight of the lights can be seen in every street, in every house and building. A place really worth to see where the human race could be shocked to know that really exists life and other species in other planets in the universe. The wind is pink and a lot of smells are around of every place.

 

People flying in the air in coordinated drections like a highway. This is the first thing Dara and Chaerin can see when the black hole appears and they go out from it. Hand by hand, they fly heading to the huge violet castle in the background of the city as they heard friends yelling their names to call their attention with excited smiles walking calmly in the street. 

 

With a sincere smile, they wave their hands in their direction. Chaerin's eyes are glued at them as they wave back. One of them frowns and gasps.

 

"Chaerinn! Be careful with the-" PUNKKK!! Dara shocked looking at Chaerin who's frozen in her place with a lamp post against her face. Then palms her forehead. 'Here we go again. I don't know where is she having her head? She always hitting herself with the same lamp post over and over again!' Dara complains mentally but giggles lightly at the funny situation when she always comes back with Chaerin to their world.

 

"Umph.." Chaerin covers her nose. Is bleeding. She's going to have a purple in her forehead and a red nose for sure.

 

"Hey.. you better see where you're flying. Are you loving this lamp post or what?" Dara asks raising an eyebrow. Chaerin looks at her innocently and shrugged her shoulders. Dara sighs. "This girl... come on. Let me stop your bleeding for the 10th time already" 

 

- How can she be so clumsy? Seriously. Someone should give me an award for being her: 'intensive care girl to your service' - thinks Dara as she's wiping carefully the blood rolling down from Chaerin nose.

 

"Thank you Dara... what could I do without you? I'll be more careful the next time. I promise" Chaerin smiles when Dara finally could stop her bleeding and grabbed her hand, smiling back.

 

"I hope so, Chaerin. I wonder how your nose can't be broken after so many hits" Dara giggles and pushes her slightly with her forefinger. "Well... that's because I have a super nose haha... my nose is special" Chaerin puts her hands along with Dara's hand each sides of her waist, showing her proud face with closed eyes.

 

Dara giggles again after her comment as she shakes her head. Then they hear someone yelling. "Chaerin! Are you okay?!" asks the same person while the people next to her is giggling secretly. They have been watching the same situation once again. Today, Chaerin did her 10th strike.

 

Chaerin waves her arm with a wide smile. "Yeaahh don't worry.." then she stuck her tongue to the other people when they looked at her. "Don't laugh too much huh?! Unless you want to have a heart attack!" Chaerin pouts angrily as she crosses her arms.

 

Dara giggle turns into laugh and squeezes Chaerin hand making her look at her. "Let's go... our boss is waiting for us" she says softly. Chaerin sighs heavily and nods.

 

"Yeah, come on.."

 

Dara smiles and they fly away from them. Chaerin stuck her tongue for the last time while the others answered her with a thumb in their noses waving their fingers with a playful smile in their faces.

 

Few moments later, they arrived at Maleyba, the castle where people like Chaerin and Dara live. They go to the human world to revive the people who are depressed. They use electricity as a fountain of energy because is the only way for them to get recharged since the electricity helps the brain to change its 'chip' or negative mentality of that individual, turning it in the opposite once they revive it. Making the person totally happy as it was before.

 

Everybody always work in pairs, never alone. That's why Chaerin and Dara work together. One puts a super electrical connector into the back to get the positive electronic effect at the person as the other tells if it worked or not.

 

Is the most high positive category from all. So the person who has this symbol finds totally happy.

The happiness is almost the same but lower.

The sad state of the person can be noticed by the way he/she walks, talks or looks too [the kind of gaze].

With this symbol, the person feels depressed, low self-steem, sad...

This is the worst symbol from all. The person feels miserable, deeply depressed, totally lost, even wishing the death...

 

These great team work hard to change this, so the people in the human world are going to have a life much better, filled with welfare and happiness. With their mood totally revived.

 

Chaerin and Dara not always were friends. The opposite, they were enemies in the past. Hate and angriness was the only thing between them. They were having a fight almost everytime they were close to each other. But someday... something happened that made it'd change everything.

 

FLASHBACK, a year ago...

 

Chaerin and Dara just met a months ago, and they started bad. Really bad.

 

Chaerin and Dara are having a big fight inside their dorm. They sleep together in the same room in different beds. It wasn't their choice but their boss choice. Bom gave them a dorm for two because they're a team and need to be ready when they have to the human world.

 

"I want you out from my room!! You're so annoying! I don't want to work beside someone so idiot like you!! Go awayy! NOW!" screams angrily Dara pointing at the door.

 

"Hah! Your room?! Is my room too!! You really think that I asked to be here in the same place with someone so insupportable like you?! Crazy people everywhere!" Chaerin pats her own forehead and walks to her bag fuming like a bull with her red face.

 

Dara looks at Chaerin facing her back as she trying to breath properly but the situation can't boil anymore. Her angriness reached the limit. "Chaerin!!" yells Dara with an evil smirk.

 

Chaerin turns around showing her annoyed face but she gasps looking what finds into Dara hands. "You really love your Rilakkuma huh? With 20 years and you're still like a kid! Do you want to see what I do with this? Look carefully..." Dara opened her hand and a scissor flew straight to her hand ready to cut.

 

Chaerin eyes widened. "Hul! Leave my bear in peace!! Don't you dare to-" Chaerin gasped and covered . Dara cut the head of the bear along with its arms and legs and let it fall to the ground still with her evil smirk and threw its body away. "What bear?" she asks coldly with her serious face.

 

Chaerin looked down where her bear was and run to her precious cutted bear into pieces and kneeled. "No.. no..  my bear.. my dear bear that my father gave me... Rilakkuma.." Chaerin muttered as she was picking up of the ground like a desperate. Dara widened her eyes. - Her father gave her this bear? Ouch... then when I saw her with that man...- she palms mentally her forehead.

 

Dara remembers the man. She saw him dying when she peeked accidentally her head in the same room where Chaerin was staying in that moment. She knew that the man was Chaerin father but she didn't knew that this bear gave it to her before his death. 

 

Chaerin dad gave her this bear before he could die. He was too sick but he could still have the energy to give her this Rilakkuma bear that Chaerin loves so much. Until a week after that, his body couldn't take it anymore and died. No one can't express how Chaerin felt at that moment but she didn't cry. Even a tear left her eyes. She just ducked her head in front of his dad already gone in the bed with the bear into her left hand.

 

Then Dara started to feel guilty. Her angry mood started to decrease. She looked at Chaerin with guilty face but it's too late when Chaerin looked at her with deep hate and her eyes like a wildfire ready to burn everything.

 

"You..." Chaerin said and stood up looking at her. "Declare yourself dead!" Chaerin run to her and put her hands around her neck ready to choke her, making Dara fall against Chaerin's bed and tried to breath.

 

Then she tried to remove Chaerin hands from her neck but the latter was possessed by her angriness. "I-I'm s-orry... Chaerin..." Dara said in difficulties and closed her eyes trying to resist the strong grip and breath noisily.

 

Chaerin didn't say anything. She was about to make Dara passing out when they heard a voice.

 

"Chaerin... stop, my child..." Chaerin looked to her right at the source of that sudden familiar voice and her eyes widened. Her hands loosen around Dara neck making Dara gasp for air like she just came back to life.

 

"D-dad?" Chaerin shocked and takes a sit over Dara legs when her own legs felt weak.

 

The man smiled and approached to them with a long stick to help himself. "Yes... I'm here Chaerin" then he looks at the girl gasping for air under her and the pieces of the bear in the ground. "I know you're too angry due what happened with this bear, honey. I'm glad to know that you still having it after so many years after my death. I saw your fight with her. But you two should to try getting along because you and her have many things in common but you can't see that. Not yet.." her fathers explains calmly with a smile.

 

Chaerin looks at the bear in the ground. "I'm sorry to know that.. father. O-of course I'm still having this bear.. it's the most special thing that I received from you... but this... person..." Chaerin looks at Dara with angry face as she clenches her teeth and squeezed the sheets under her hands. Dara looks at her with a deep sorry written in her face. Chaerin feeling  soft pats in her shoulder and look up.

 

"Are you sure we have things in common? But... how? I just feel like I'm a cat when she's a dog. We can't get along well.. we always fight like demons" Chaerin looks at him with unsure eyes. Her dad giggles slightly "Don't worry. You'll know it soon. My child, be patient. And yes. You two have many many things in common but you still can't see it because the both of you are always talking and yelling angrily towards each other. You two have to find a balance" Then Chaerin dad look at Dara.

 

"I know she'll be a good friend for you, Chaerin. A very good one. Trust me. She's going to be a good one.. I can see it" he says.

 

Chaerin just looking at him while thinking about what he just said. Her dad then approaches to Dara. "Can you make me a favor, young one?" he asks politely.

 

Dara blinks. "Ah... y-yes..." she answers hesitantly. She never saw a ghost before, but the man looks like a real person. "First. Let her sit, my child" Her dad smiles showing his white teeth.

 

Chaerin nods slightly and sits in the bed, letting Dara to sit as well. Once she's sitting, the man continues. "Please, take care well of my daughter. She's so clumsy that makes me feel really worried.. she needs someone so responsible like you. Someone that can guide her in the correct way. Try to understand her when she complains. Trust me, she complains a lot and when someone who complains so much like her, need to be very, very patience" her father whisper making Dara smile slightly and nods.

 

"Dad! Don't say those things! I feel like I'm the only bad person here! What the heck?!" Chaerin complains. Then her dad talks again. "See what I said?" Chaerin pouts and looks away from them. 

 

Dara giggles and rubs her red neck. "If you want I can go out from this room and let you two talking alone!" Chaerin looks down to her legs as she plays with her fingers. Her dad shakes his head. "No Chaerin, you have to be here. This is for the two of you. Dara, she's a sensitive person and gets hurt easily. She's a good girl, very funny and very strong. She never show her tears to anyone, even our family saw her crying once when she was little or when I died. Sometimes I'm thinking if she's a tearless person or a robot. But I'm sure that if you learn to be with her without getting angry like you two did a moment ago, a strong friendship will grow between you" points at Dara. "and you" points at Chaerin.

 

"Okay? Be her friend and don't give up if you feel desperate. Will you?" asks her dad to Dara. "Yes sir... if that's your wish" her dad smiles after listening her. "Thank you, young one. And you Chaerin. From now, work with her in every mission,  do your best. Let out that wonderful Chaerin that you have inside there... okay? Accept each other and stop fighting. Even in my place I had to plug my ears several times, so please girls. Give a chance to each other, okay?" Chaerin dad grab their hands with his.

 

Chaerin and Dara look at each other. They sigh at unison and look back to the man. "Yes dad" "Yes sir" they answer, making him smile widely.

 

"Great!" 

 

Chaerin stands up and hugs him. He hugs her back. "I missed you so much, dad.. thank you for stopping me. I was about to do something bad to her. I wasn't myself before" Chaerin looks at Dara and smiles slightly mouthing "I'm sorry" Dara smiles and shakes her head and mouthes back: "No. It was my fault"

 

Then her dad hugs her tightly. "I missed you too, my child. Seems like it was just yesterday when I died. But actually, have passed already 12 years until then. Glad that you realized Chaerin. You shouldn't get so angry. You look scarier than the exorcist.." he breaks the hug and smirks. Dara giggles covering with her left hand.

 

"Dad!!" Chaerin hits him softly his shoulder making him laugh. "Okay. I'm sorry, but seriously Chaerin. You should breath properly when you feel that you're going to explode. Try to relax yourself when the angriness starts to invade you, okay?" he looks into Chaerin eyes. with his hands over her shoulders.

 

Chaerin sighs heavily. "Yes dad.. I will.." her dad smiles and squeezes her shoulders. "That's my daughter"

 

"I have to go now... but listen. If you want to see me or talk with me talk with this necklace okay? With it, we'll be in touch" Chaerin dad gives her a beautiful gold necklace with a bright ruby in the center. "Another one for you, young one. If someday Chaerin gets in trouble and you need help although you have a lot of help with the people who works here, you can count with me as well" the man gives her a necklace with a bright sapphire in the center.

 

"Wow... t-thank you so much sir..." It's all what Dara can say to him. Her eyes are glued at the precious stone as she's caressing it with her thumbs.

 

"Not mention it.." Chaerin dad smiles sweetly at her when their eyes met. Dara smiles back.

 

"Chaerin.. before I go, your mother told me that you look so beautiful. Look at you. You're a woman now. Work hard and revive so many people as you can okay? Beside this nice person. And don't fight. It's not good for your health.." he says as some lights appear behind him, ready to go back to the nirvana. He gives Dara a hug as well.

 

"Okay dad.." answers Chaerin glancing at Dara. Dara looks back at her and smiles sweetly. "Dad, tell mom that I love her and to you that I love you and I'll miss you two.." Chaerin smiles weakly. 

 

Her dad smiles. "Yes darling. I will. I love you too" he starts to walk away inside the lights and start to disappear but before, her dad turns around when a couple of arms made him turn around and a woman appeared next to him, making Chaerin smile widely. "M-mom!" 

 

"Chaeriiinnn!!! I love you toooo!!! Muuuaahh!! Do your best okaayyy?" her mom blows her a kiss with her right hand and hugs her husband before the lights can finally disappear.

 

The room turns silent after that. Chaerin sits in the bed with a little smile in her lips. She had the chance to see her parents once again after a month.

 

Dara sits as well and waits for some of them to start a talk. Their eyes suddenly met and they looked away. The environment turns a little awkward, so Chaerin talks first.

 

"It's incredible. My father seemed to gain a confidence so fast with you.." Chaerin says looking at Dara. Dara smiles. "Well, that's because I have my charms"

 

"Ppfff haha" laughs Chaerin. "Charms?" Chaerin raises an eyebrow making fun of Dara mentally. -Your only charm is your beautiful face.. - Dara gasps faking a surprise. "Oh, thank you so much Chaerin! I feel so flattered. You're beautiful too" Dara smirks and supports her hands back to the bed after putting them on her chest.

 

Chaerin's eyes widened with shocked expression. "How did you know what I thought?!" Chaerin follows Dara with her eyes as she's heading where the bear is and starts to gather all the pieces. Dara smiles secretly showing her back to Chaerin. "I don't know but you should be careful what you think, Chaerin" Dara walks back to the bed and sits down. 

 

"Someone might hear or read your thoughts.." Dara raises an eyebrow as she smirks and caresses the bear with her thumbs. Chaerin just looking at her when her eyes widened. "You read my mind?!" Chaerin pointing at her with her shocked face,

 

Dara smiles widely. "Bingoooo!! A point for Chaerin!" The environment starts to improve. It's the first time that they are talking each other without fighting or yelling.

 

Chaerin can't stop staring at this girl. - Wow. Incredible. Amazing! - "Thank you!" exclaims Dara.

 

"Okay, now close your eyes. I have to do something and you can't see it"

 

"Eh? Erm.. okay.." Chaerin covers her eyes with her palm and Dara looks down, smiling at the bear over her legs.

 

"You can open them"

 

Chaerin looks at her and see Dara pointing down to herself in her laps with a wide smile. "Mh? Oohhh!! Rillakuma!" she exclaims. Her bear is totally fixed like any scissors cutted it before. Chaerin explored her favorite bear in every corner. It's perfectly.

 

"But how..?!" Chaerin looks at her with shocked expression again.  - This girl is really surprising - Dara smiles after she heard her thought and feels proud.

 

"Doesn't matter how I did it. What's important now is that you're having back your dear bear and.. I did it because it wasn't good at all what I did before, so this is my apologize. A complete Rillakuma for you" Dara smiles sincerely and pinches her cheek, surprising Chaerin.

 

"So... are we friends?" asks Dara.

 

"I'll protect you. I'll take care well of you, as your father said. But I need you to protect me too because I'm not perfect and I make many mistakes as well. So, will we protect at each other?" she adds calmly.

 

Chaerin looks at her and smiles. She approaches her hand to hers and presses softly her thumb with hers. "Okay.. I accept it. I protect you and you protect me.  And we're friends. Please, take care well of me as I'll try to take care so well of you as I can..." Chaerin blushes slightly making Dara smile.

 

After all, Chaerin and Dara hugged at each other. The first hug of their lifes. That's when their friendship began and started to work together without problems.

 

Chaerin and Dara go ahead to Bom office and Chaerin knocks softly the metal violet door with cute prints on it. "Boss. We're already here.. me and Dara" 

 

"Oh hello girls. Welcome back. Come in" Bom says and Chaerin lets Dara enter first so Bom won't see her red nose and her purple on her forehead.

 

But it's useless. Bom's already standing in front of them when Dara opened the door and saw Chaerin hiding behind her. Bom frowns. - What's wrong with her? - Dara smiles innocently.

 

"Chaerin, are you okay?" she asks trying to look at her face.

 

After her question, Chaerin decides to step out from her hide and quickly covers her nose and also her forehead with her bangs. "Y-yes boss, I have a little cold. T-that's why I'm covering my nose because I'm sneezing too much.." Chaerin giving her excuses from the real reason.

 

Dara almost burst on laughter right there after hearing Chaerin but she controlled herself when she looked at the frowning and serious Bom. "Mmh.. then wait... I'll give you a mask. I don't want germs invading our castle" she says and walks heading to her desk, opening a drawer. Chaerin let out a sigh of relief and her hand flew away from her nose.

 

Dara looked at her and pressed her lips to muffle her laughs. Chaerin quickly covered her nose when Bom approached to them. "Here you have. Ah, you have to take care better of yourself Chaerin. You're very valuable in your work. As you too, Dara. Eat healthy food and please, give her everything until she's okay" Bom says looking at Dara.

 

Dara smiles. "Y-yes boss. Don't worry. You know that Chaerin is my responsibility. She'll recover from her cold soon..."

 

Bom smiles. "Good. Now that you two came back to the castle. You can go to your dorm and sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day for you two as I said before. Goodnight and sleep with co...mh, I mean with beautiful things" Bom smiles. - Bom! You almost said corn! -

 

Dara giggles and immediately hides her sudden reaction with coughs. "Thank you boss. You too. Goodnight and see you tomorrow. Let's go Chaerin.. we have to heal your cold" Dara grabs Chaerin wrist and they two stepped out quickly from her office while Bom was waving her hand. 

 

Chaerin closed the door and went straight to their room running in the corridor.

 

Once Dara closed the door, Chaerin removed the white mask from her face and they two burst on laughter. Bom face was so funny.  "Chaerin! That was so funny! Our boss was making a face so funny!" Dara laughs evenmore as her arms holding her stomach. "Aw aw aw... my nose hurts when I laugh..." Chaerin closed her eyes showing her painful face while covering her nose. 

 

"Ah Chaerin... poor girl. Wait here. You need a bag of ice in that red nose of yours" Dara says. Chaerin smiles looking at Dara as the latter is walking away and disappears.

 

- My father was totally right. She's a very good friend and she takes care so well of me. She never fails. I hope I can do the same to her someday when she needs me.. to give her all what she has been giving me until now. I think I'm letting out my inner Chaerin as my father said when he came. Oh! I don't know if she can hear my thought from the kitchen? - 

 

"Yeah I can hear you!" Dara answers from the little kitchen and smiles warmly. "Auuugghh..!" Chaerin throws herself in the bed as she's blushing. She hides her face between the pillows. 

 

"Someone can't think secretly anymore..!" she mutters. She always forgets to be careful when Dara is around and not to think but at the end she always do that unconsciously.

 

. . . .

 

Dara puts softly the bag full of ice over Chaerin nose and receives a groan from her. The cold feeling from the eyes make her nose and cheeks too cold. "Ow I don't feel my nose!" Chaerin exclaims looking at Dara.

 

Dara giggles and sits next to her. "Feeling better?" she asks.

 

"Yeah.. a little" Chaerin smiles at her and hears Dara voice. "You will Chaerin. I know someday you will for me as well. Sooner or later. But you're already doing it" she says calmly and moves back Chaerin hair behind her ear. Chaerin smiles more wide and sighs heavily.

 

"Really? Am I protecting you and taking care well of you?" 

 

Dara smiles widely as she nods quickly. "But I don't feel like I'm doing it.."

 

Dara shakes her head. "No. You're really doing it. Don't you remember when you cooked for me the last week when I got sick? You cooked the whole week just for me when I was in the bed. And when we went to the club and there were two men making fly tables to each other and one of them was flying straight to me? You protected me by putting yourself in the middle" Dara making Chaerin remember how painful was that moment. The table hit her in the back but she didn't care when she saw that it was flying straight to Dara so she did what she had to do.

 

A slight pain appears in Chaerin back when she remembers the hit. "Oooh yes.. I remember now hahaha. I still can feel the pain. But well. Everything to protect you" Chaerin smiles sweetly as the bag continues against her nose. Dara smiles back and puts her arm around her shoulders.

 

Her eyes roaming around the dorm as Chaerin head is touching hers. Dara gives her a quick kiss on her cheek as a thank you kiss. Then Dara drags Chaerin to her direction and sweetly puts her arms around her.

 

"Ah... my baby Rin.." Dara says as she softly Chaerin back with her left hand. Chaerin smiles secretly. "Ah... my sanda Rin.." Chaerin uses the same sweet tone.

 

Dara stops caressing her. "Haha, sanda rin? What name is that?" Chaerin giggles weakly and looks at her. "I was trying to say something that could sound well to your sentence. Sanda of Sandara and Rin of Chaerin.. so, sanda rin. Hahaha"

 

 "Aww this girl and her ideas!! You're unique in this world, Chaerin!" Dara starts to caressing her again with a wide smile as Chaerin giggles. She wanted to laugh but due her nose state couldn't do it like she wanted. Chaerin puts her arm around her waist until she found a comfortable position. 

 

Few moments later, they decided to go to sleep and their fingers made a click. Their black suit disappeared, replacing it by pajamas while looking at each other with a smile.

 

"Haha! I love it when we do this at the same time" Chaerin says excitedly while she climbs her bed. Her nose looks much better. She almost doesn't feel the pain.

 

"Haha me too. Someday we have to do a competition so we'll see who's faster. You or me! Hahaa" Dara giggles trying to imagining it.

 

"Haha yesss!! We have to do it!"

 

Then Chaerin leans closer to the night table, ready to turn off the light. "Goodnight Sanda rin.. dream with rabbits tonight" Chaerin smirks.

 

"Yahh!" Dara throws her a pillow landing in top of her head and falls to the ground as Chaerin laughs. "Okay okay.. let me correct myself" Dara looks at her with a smile as she lifts an eyebrow.

 

"Just dream with beautiful things" Chaerin smiles as she leans closer her arm giving back the pillow. "You too Chaerin. Dream with beautiful things" Dara says and puts it under her head. They smile at each other until Chaerin turns off the light when Dara covered herself with the sheets.

 

"Dara?"

 

"Mmmhh?

 

"Thanks for being my best friend..." Dara smiles with her eyes closed. 

 

"It's a complete pleasure, Chaerin.." Chaerin smiled with her eyes closed as well.

 

Then after some minutes of deep silence, they fell asleep.

 

 

 

-- Thank you krehyong for your upvote!!! --

 

How was the first chapter?

 

^__^