the phone call

Unspoken.
Mad Clown looked into the mirror in the dressing room once more. He's preparing for another stage with the beautiful soyou. He was interrupted by his phone vibrating violently on the dressing table.

He looked at the number calling him. His eyes widened. It was unnamed, but he knew who it was. How could he not? He's dialled the number a gazillion times. Even though it was 3 years ago, he knew who it was. That number is etched in his memory no matter how hard he tries to forget. With the number, along with the image of the woman he used to love. He stared at his phone vibrating on the table top. He's not going to pick it up, he thought to himself. 3 years he spent to forget the painful memories. Now it's suddenly flooding back into his mind. His mood was suddenly dampened, and his insides wretched. Why now?

the door behind him opened. "Mad C. You're on standby," the backstage crew signalled. Mad Clown gave a slight nod, ignored his phone and went back stage.

Soyou is stunning as usual. But Mad Clown couldn't even register. He was having flashbacks at the back of his mind. Soyou noticed that Mad Clown looked restless. She asked, "Oppa, kwenchanayo?" MadClown just nodded, and gave soyou a small smile in attempt to assure her that he was going to be alright. He closed his eyes and tried to clear his mind. They were up next.

The music started. Soyou sang the intro. Then, Mad Clown started rapping. Soyou noticed something different in his voice today.

Soyou brushed it off. She sang her chorus. "Why don't you know the meaning of my tears? Im not asking you to end it. I'm asking you to hold me"

Mad clown started his second verse. Memories as clear as ever. Every word he articulated was the truth. He was burning inside. He had to let go. He spat every syllable, every word painting the picture of the breakup he had 3 years ago. The breakup that left him devastated.

Soyou got up from the chair. Their paths are to cross at centre stage. Soyou looked up to see mad clown staring at her for a brief second as their paths crossed. But for that one short moment, she stared into those eyes as those eyes stared back, for the first time. She saw fire. She saw anger and dissappointment. Soyou closes her eyes and sang again.



"oppa, why does it feel like i'm the one breaking up with you? Oppa, why do you sound so spiteful tonight?" Soyu thought to herself.

As she sang, soyou felt a glint of tear forming in her eyes. "Gajima.... gajima" she sang. She really didn't want him to leave. It felt like he was really going to. Ever word he rapped was filled with spite.

Their performance ended. Mad clown snapped back into reality. He rushed to the dressing room. His heart was beating so fast. His heart ached so bad. His phone vibrated again. Its her.

Mad clown picked up the phone.

"What do you want?" He said icily.

"Oppa. It's me. Do you miss me?" The voice answered.

Mad clown scoffed. The nerve of her. "Im busy. What the heck do you want? "

"Oppa. I saw you on tv. I miss you..." the voice said with so much aegyo that madclown cringed with disgust.

"I'm gonna hang up" mad clown said. He really has no time for this. Not when she's the cause of the wrenching pain at this moment.

"Oppa..... why r u being like this? Its been 3 yrs already. I missed you. I want to get back...."

Before the voice was able to complete her sentence, mad c shouted on the phone. " why? WHY?! 3 yrs ago I broke up w u even when I loved you so ing much. You made believe I was the bad guy who couldnt shower you with the loved u deserved.... i let you go because i thought you deserved better. and then after we were over I found out... you have been sleeping with my BEST FRIEND. I LOVED YOU. PAST TENSE. Dont ever call me again." Mad clown hung up the phone and chucked it aside. He slumped into the chair, and buried his head in his hands.

soyou went to mad clown's dressing room. She wanted to tell him that that was his most passionate performance that it made her cry. She stopped by the door when she overheard the conversation he was having on the phone.

She didn't mean to eavesdrop. That was the first time he heard Mad clown so angry. First time she heard the soft spoken man raise his voice. Soyou understood now why the performance was so intense. He meant everything he said.

she entered the room without knocking and found mad c slumped in the chair, head in his hands. She heard light sobs. Her heart ached. She went over. without a word, she knelt next to him and placed her arm around his slender frame...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Watch their performance on the 29th of sep. Mad c's rap was passionate and Soyou's eyes were watery / shining...She might not have been crying, but what if.... what if... :p