The Note.

Unspoken.

It’s been more than a month since their promotions ended. Mad C misses Soyou. But he dared not say it out, let alone confess. There were times where he picked up his phone to text, but he always ended up pressing the “cancel” button. Mad C sees Soyou on TV. They’re in the same company, but they rarely meet. Soyou is busy with some new TV programme something Marriage or something like that.. Mad C doesn’t know, really. He doesn’t want to know. But what he does know is that, he saw that picture of Soyou in a wedding dress. And she looked breathtakingly beautiful.

 

Mad C puts his hand on the door knob. “Practice Room” it says. Without thinking he opens the door and was faced with Hyorin and a bunch of girls in hot pants doing the “crab dance” for Hyorin’s new song. The girls stopped dancing and looked at him. Awkwaaarddd…. He thought to himself. He turned to leave but was stopped by Hyorin.

“Oh.. oppa you’re here,” Hyorin said.

“Ne. We have practice for.. Stalker. It is… now…. right?” Mad Clown stammered. Somehow the presence of too many skimpily dressed girls in one room kind of makes him nervous.

“haha… Yes! Let us go through ONE WAY one more time, and then give me a 10 mins break, and then we start on Stalker?” Hyorin chuckled as she answers. It amazes him how Hyorin can still be so cheerful after that strenuous practice.

“Oh ne.. I’ll just leave first and….” Mad Clown said. Before he could finish, Hyorin interrupted him, “Kwenchanayo Oppa. You can stay here to watch, we’ll only take a while”

“oh.. Ne…” Mad Clown answered.

Mad C sat on the floor at a corner and watched the girls run through Hyorin’s new song for the last time. Their movements were in sync. As the girls finished, the dancers picked up their stuff and started to leave, one by one, not forgetting to say good bye to Mad C Oppa who is a bit flustered still. Girls are often nice to him, but nevertherless, he still feels awkward.

Hyorin took a sip of water from her bottle, took out a paperbag and handed it to Mad C.

“Oh… What is this?” Mad Clown asked.

“Your coat… that Soyou borrowed,” Hyorin answered.

Mad Clown was a bit disappointed that Soyou didn’t return it in person. “Thank you,” he said. Disappointment clearly shown on his face.

“Soyou is a bit busy with the Great Marriage shoots and all, so she asked me to pass this to you. It has been dry cleaned…” Hyorin said.

“ah…” was all Mad Clown to answer.

“Waeyo Oppa? Why are you disappointed to get your coat back? Is it because Soyou didn’t pass it to you personally?” Hyorin asked.

“No.. nothing.” Mad Clown stammered, taken aback by the sudden question. Hyorin has always been known for being straight forward, but Mad C didn’t expect this at all.

Hyorin threw her head back and laugh. “Soyou is right. You’re cute Oppa. Like a cartoon character…..”

Mad Clown scratched the back of his head, not knowing how to react.

The awkward moment soon disappeared as they discussed their performance for Hyorin’s stage with him. Stalker, the story of a lover who can’t let go of his love even after the breakup.

***

Mad Clown took out the coat from its bag to hang it in his closet. Out of habit, he put his hands into the Coat’s pocket, only to find a note. He opens the handwritten note.

“Annyeong oppa! Thanks for the coat. I’m so sorry that I didn’t get to give this back to you personally. I don’t know when I will be free to meet you…. ㅠㅠI’ve been busy lately…. Furthermore, oppa doesn’t text me anymore. Makes me sad ㅠㅠ. Anyway, how’s practice with Hyorin Unnie? Are you ready for your stage? I want to be there to see you perform! I hope I will get to see the showcase so I can see you on stage again. Heeeee~ Oppa, when I become less busy, treat me to coffee! (I’m being shameless aren’t I? ㅋㅋㅋ) Hope to hear from you soon!” –Jihyun

“That’s a nice surprise,” Mad C thought to himself. Just when he thought he was going to just forget about her, he ends up trying to count the times Soyou made him smile. He lost count.

***

Soyou slumped onto her bed, exhausted from the shoot. THREE NEW TEXT MESSAGES. She’s so busy she doesn’t even have time to check her phone.

MAD C: Jihyun ah… Thank you… for cleaning my coat. You shouldn’t have… Anyway, I hope my coat kept you warm…. Oppa have been good. Writing songs for my album, and practicing well with Hyorin. I’m a bit awkward though, coz I have to act on stage. Hahaha… How are u?  I heard you’ve been busy. By the time you read this, you must be tired right? Well, rest well Jihyun ah…. J

Soyou opens the next one.

MAD C: oh yah. When u’re less busy, let’s go for coffee. My treat…

Soyou can’t help but smile. Mad C Oppa, always so nice, she thought to herself.

She opens the next message, it’s from Sunggyu.

SUNGGYU: Hi babe… I missed you. Call me when you’re free…..

Soyou sighed… She is now unsure of where her heart is swaying…

***

 

Author’s note:

Hello good people. Sorry I’ve been too busy with work that it is ridiculous. Anyway, yeah. I’m probably closing off the story soon... I hope! Who do you think Soyou should choose? Keep the comments coming! And HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU! J