Eight

The adventures on the Sapphire Princess

“Hey, hyung! Chanyeol hyung! Hey buddy, wait c’mon! Don’t ignore me! Hey wait, aaaaand he ignored me again.”

 

Jongin tried to scream over the loud chattering of the full dining room towards a passing Chanyeol. Once a week the whole crew got together to have dinner in one of the big dining rooms. Well almost the whole crew. Poor Chanyeol had the bad luck being a waiter and Baekhyun was unlucky enough to have a good voice.

 

Jongin pouted as Chanyeol passed them again without even glancing towards their direction. The waiter had only eyes for his currently singing boyfriend. Sehun snickered gleefully before taking a sip from his own drink. Unfortunately for him, the young boy didn’t see that meat ball flying right towards his face hitting the glass’ bottom and causing the cup to painfully collide with his teeth.

 

Joonmyun, Kyungsoo and Yixing scrunched up their faces in pity for the young steward while Kris and Jongdae tried hard to suppress their laughter.  Minseok patted Sehun on the head. “Karma, Oh. Karma.”

 


 

 

Dragging himself over to the little group consisting of Jongdae, Minseok, Luhan and Zhou Mi, the ships hair dresser, Kris sighed deeply. “Has anyone of you seen my useless I-look-like-a-panda-because-I-have-eyebags-that-look-like-I-haven’t-slept-for-three-years-straight deck cadet?”

 

Jongdae and Minseok simultaneously turned their heads to look at the clock hanging above them.  “It’s five o’clock again. You should really do something about this bad, bad behavior.” Minseok sighed overly dramatic as he finished his sarcastic comment. No one knew why or where to Tao was mysteriously disappearing every day at 5 o’clock.


- - -

 

“More tea for you, Zitao?” Hyukjae, the bar keeper, asked in a heavy Yorkshire accent.

 

“Oh yes, well thank you Hyukjae. Could you please hand me the sugar, Junsu?”  

 

“Of course, dear. Here you go – Oh well, that could take a few minutes.”

 

Junsu eyed their second youngest, Cheolyong, as the latter merrily dumped one piece of sugar after another into his own cup of tea. Just as the clock striked five, Changsun rushed towards them with a plate full of scones and sandwiches freshly ‘stolen’ from the kitchen.

 

“Sorry for being late! I almost got caught by –“

 

At that point Tao stopped listening because Changsun drifted off into his heavy Scottish accent again.

 

“Anyways,” Hyukjae turned to face Tao equally ignoring Changsuns rant.

 

“I wanted to ask you something. I have known you for a while now but I never asked where exactly you’re from?”

 

Tao stopped staring longingly at the almost empty sugar cup in Cheolyongs hand and turned towards the bar keeper.


“Oh, I’m from London. Kensington to be exact.”

 

Hyukjae and Junsu stared impressed at Tao. The head of the spa department grabbed Taos elbow in excitement.  

 

“So do you see the Queen often?”

 

“Oh yes, on a daily bases. She even smiles at me, you know? Like from the money, TV, the souvenir shops down the street.”

 

Junsu stared blankly at Tao for a few seconds before he broke into a wide smile. “Oh my Gosh, that’s so cool! Hyukjae and I are from Yorkshire!”

 

“Yes, yes I can hear that.”

 

“And I’m from Ireland!” Cheolyong shouted after dropping the last piece of sugar into his cup, leaving Tao sighing in defeat.

 

“So that leprechaun hair is real?” Tao asked, slightly displeased sipping on his bitter tea.

 

“Wow racist much, huh.” Cheolyong snorted after he had gulped down his tea in one go.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes before he waved towards Sam to get a new pack of sugar from the storage room. “Cheolyong, you are half kimchi, half leprechaun.”

 

Tao just continued to sip on his tea, sugar wasn’t important anyways.

 


A/N: Now you know where our lovely Tao comes from. And yes, we made Mir half irish, half korean and yes, Junsu and Eunhyuk are dumb. Yay, more idols.

 

PS: If you don't know who Sam is, he's from Lunafly.

 

PPS: Don't forget to leave a comment :)