Reconciliation

Just Friends

The next few weeks passed by quickly. You found yourself settling into a nice routine with Howon. You enjoyed being with him more and more every time you saw him. He was incredible to say the least.

While you saw more of Howon however, you didn’t see Byunghee at all. You planned on giving him some time before calling him, but you just never got around to actually calling him. And he never called you. You didn’t run into each other either. As much as you missed your best friend, maybe this was right. Maybe you both needed space. You were with Howon now, you couldn’t still have feelings for Byunghee.

You didn’t bother bringing this up with Mi Rae, she was all about you dating Howon. She had never been fond of Byunghee and now that you were dating Howon, she was happy. Instead, you continued to keep quiet, hoping that at some point you would just stop worrying about it.

One evening you decided to call Howon to see if he wanted to come over or if he was busy. It had been a few days since you had seen him and you missed him. When you called, he didn’t answer. You guessed he was busy with his schedules so you decided to try another night. To your surprise however, he called you back about an hour later.

“Baby!” He yelled into the phone, making you hold it almost a foot away from your ear so you wouldn’t go deaf. “Where are you? You should be here~” he slurred.

“Howon, are you drunk?” You asked, a little amused by the aegyo in his voice.

“As a skunk~” You giggled a bit but froze when you heard a woman’s voice in the background. You couldn’t make out what she was saying, but that was definitely a female voice.

“Maybe you should leave before you get to drunk.” You said softly.

“Aww but baby! The people here are so nice!”

“Who did you go there with?”

“The boys! They are here somewhere…” he trailed off as if he was actually trying to find them now.

“Why don’t you just come to my apartment, okay? I don’t like the idea of you getting drunk somewhere you aren’t safe.”

“I’ll be fine~ don’t overreact.” You sighed at his response.

“Fine. Call me when you’re sober.” You hung up quickly. You didn’t want to talk to him while he was in this state. You collapsed on the couch. You hadn’t thought that Howon was like this. You didn’t really want to be alone all night, but you weren’t sure who to call. Normally you would call Byunghee, but since the two of you hadn’t talked in weeks, you weren’t sure if that was a good idea or not. You slumped down on the couch, trying to come up with something to do. When you finally decided to just read your book, there was a knock on your door. You were surprised when you answered it.

“Hi.” Byunghee said hesitantly. You were stunned to find him at your door after not having talked for weeks. He held up a bag, giving you a small smile. “Peace offering?” You took it from him to look inside. He had brought ice cream. You looked up at smiled at him, pushing the door wide for him to come inside.

“I wasn’t mad at you, you know,” you said as you took one of the ice cream containers and spoon. He sat down next to you on the couch. He still looked a little stiff, but was slowly beginning to look more comfortable.

“We didn’t talk for a long time, so I just figured…” he started.

“I was trying to give you space. I wasn’t sure you wanted to see me right away.” You stirred your ice cream, feeling slightly awkward.

“Of course I still want to see you. No matter what else happens, you’re still my best friend.” He said with a smile.

“You’re my best friend too.” You reached across the couch to hug your best friend. Byunghee chuckled a bit, but returned the hug. You held on to each other for awhile, missing the feeling of being close to each other. When you pulled back, you smiled at him. “I missed you Oppa.”

=====================================================
 
A/N: You guys are killing me! Comments/feedback please??