Special

Just Friends

The next morning you woke up to find Byunghee still in bed. You stared at him for a few minutes, awestruck that he was still there. Sure he came over to take care of his ual needs, but he never stayed after. He would jump out of bed shortly after and be on his way.

You stared at his face, wondering what it would be like to wake up this way on a regular basis. You found yourself smiling and you couldn’t stop looking at him. Byunghee’s eyes suddenly opened, causing you to pull back away from him. His arms tightened to keep holding you close against him.

“Don’t, just cuddle with Oppa.” He mumbled in his sleepy voice. His eyes closed again, allowing your gaze to return to his face. The last time you had been like this with him had been years ago. When you were younger Byunghee cuddled with you a lot. Somewhere between then and now he had stopped. You found yourself missing the days when you were both young and carefree.

Just when you settled against Byunghee to go back to sleep, your phone went off. Byunghee groaned when you pulled away from him to answer. You cleared your throat before answering.

“Hello?”

“Hey! Its Howon.” A cheerful voice came over the phone. You suddenly felt very awake.

“Hey! Why are you calling so early?” You giggled a little, hoping he had missed you enough to call so soon.

“Early? It’s almost noon. Did I wake you up? I’m so sorry!” Howon said quickly. You stood up from the bed and turned to look at the clock. You couldn’t believe it was so late.

“Oh no, I just lost track of time, thats all.”

“Who are you talking to?” Byunghee said in his still husky voice.

“Are you busy? I can call again later.” Hoya said, sounding deflated after hearing the male voice on your end of the line.

“No! It’s just my friend, Byunghee. You met him the other night at the party before you took me home.”

“Oh, right. Well, I was wondering if maybe you were free on Tuesday night? We’re supposed to have some time off and I would really like to take you out to dinner.” He said the last part softly, as though he were afraid you would say no.

“That would be wonderful!”

“Really? I’ll let you know details when I find out what time we get off, okay? I can’t wait to see you.”

“I can’t wait to see you too.” The two of you exchanged goodbyes before hanging up. As soon as you were off the line, you squealed and started bouncing up and down. You pumped your fists in the air like a teenager and spun around.

“A little excited, aren’t we?” You froze. You had completely forgotten about Byunghee being in the room. You turned to look at him. He was now sitting up and glaring at you. “You put an awful lot of aegyo into your voice while talking to him. I thought I told you to save that for special people.”

“Howon is special.” You grumbled at him. His eyes narrowed at you and you hurried to the bathroom to shower and get dressed.

-----------------------------------

When you emerged, you found a still sour Byunghee setting out plates of food for both of you. He wasn’t the best cook, so you were surprised that he had taken initiative and made breakfast.

“Were you so hungry that you couldn’t wait for me to finish in the shower?” You teased before taking a bite.

“It was either cook or join you.” He said back before stuffing food into his mouth. You almost choked on your food. Byunghee smirked at you. The two of you finished eating in silence, then moved to clean up.

“Do you really like him?” Byunghee asked softly as he scrubbed at one of the dishes before handing it to you to dry. You met his eyes and nodded. “Why?”

“I guess because he makes me feel special, important. When I’m with him, I feel like I’m the only thing in the world he cares about. I don’t have to share him.” You mumbled the last part, but you knew Byunghee heard it. He sighed and turned back to the dishes.

“Oppa just wants you to be happy.”