Till the Clock Strikes 12

Just Friends

You sat down on the couch with a bowl full of popcorn and a small tub of ice cream. It was Friday night and you desperately needed some ‘me’ time. You had put on your favorite pair of sweatpants and a tank top for your party of one. You smiled as you your latest drama to catch up on the episodes you had missed and got comfortable.

You had just dug your spoon into the ice cream when your doorbell went off. You glared at the door, trying to kill whoever was on the other side with your mind for interrupting you. You paused your show and got up to answer it. You opened it slowly, hoping that the person had left already. Byunghee pushed his way in and gave you a ‘tsk’ when he looked you up and down.

“I told you we had a party to attend tonight, why aren’t you dressed yet?” He said as he went over to the couch. He spotted your ice cream and popcorn and rolled his eyes. “You’d rather stay in and be like this?” He gestured to your clothes. You glared at him and folded your arms in front of you.

“You did not tell me we were going to a party actually, and yes, I quite enjoy being like this thank you very much.” You resumed your spot on the couch and shoved an extra large spoonful of ice cream into your mouth as if to prove a point. Byunghee sighed.

“Okay, I didn’t tell you about the party. I was hoping I would be able to find a real date but we both know that never works out. Please go with me?” He sat down next to you and gave you a pout.

“Oh yes, because I’m so inclined to go with you as a fake date now. You really know how to sweet talk a girl Jung Byunghee.”

“Ah, come on baby girl. I’ll make it up to you!” You stared at him for a moment, thinking. You really wanted to stay in tonight, but having an ‘I owe you’ over Byunghee could be beneficial.

“Fine. Give me a few minutes.” You sighed as you spoke to make it seem like you were giving up something important. Byunghee chuckled at you.

“Wear the blue dress, you look hot in the blue dress.” He called to you.

“You wear the blue dress.” You mumbled as you shuffled to your room to get ready.

------------------------------

Twenty minutes later you came out to show Byunghee the final result of your quick work. You had managed to quickly curl your hair and apply some makeup. You also had put on the blue dress as he requested.

“Whoa, you look gorgeous!” He smiled and stood from the couch to walk towards you.

“Yeah yeah, lets go before I change my mind.” You slipped on your heels at the door and Byunghee took your hand to lead you out.

------------------------------

When you arrived at the party, you found it to be full of idols, actors, and various other celebrities. You sighed before plastering a smile on your face. You didn’t really want to spend the night as a piece of eye candy on Byunghee’s arm, but that did happen often. When he spotted some of his idol friends to talk to, you hurried off to get something to drink.

You found the other MBLAQ members chatting happily at a booth and went to say hi to them. They smiled as you approached and made space for you to sit down with them.

“Byunghee hyung dragged you to another one of these events then?” Sanghyun asked with a smile.

“He did. You’d think with that angelic voice of his he would be able to sing himself a girlfriend.” The boys laughed at your joke.

“It looks like he is working on it.” Changsun said, nodding his head in Byunghee’s direction. You turned to see him dancing with a beautiful model. She had her body pressed up right against his. You had to admit, she looked much better next to him than you did. Your heart ached a bit but you fixed your smile back onto your face and turned to the boys again.

“Good, maybe I won’t get forced into attending another one of these for awhile.” You said, trying to sound light hearted about the situation.

“That would be a shame. I look forward to seeing you here.” A male voice spoke. You looked to your left to see Hoya from Infinite smiling at you. You had spoken to him a few times at these kinds of events. You wouldn’t say you were close, but you were acquaintances.

“Hi! How have you been?” You smiled at him.

“I’ve been well. The usual, comebacks, tours, crazy fans.” He shot you a dazzling smile that you couldn’t help but return.

“Your life is never boring Howon-ssi.”

“I’m sure I told you to speak casually with me, and to call me Oppa.” You blushed.

“Good luck with that Hoya-ssi. She only calls G.O hyung Oppa.” Cheolyong said from across the table.

“We’ll see about that. Would you like to dance?” He held out his hand to you. You took it quickly. You liked to dance, but Byunghee usually ditched you for a hot girl as soon as you got to parties, he just didn’t want to walk in alone.

Howon pulled you out to the dance floor and the two of you quickly started dancing around. Even though you knew he was a very good dancer he also did silly dance steps with you, causing you both to laugh. You lost track of time and before you knew it, Byunghee was tugging at your arm. You turned and noticed the model he had been dancing with still at his side.

“Can you find a way home? This beautiful girl and I have a private after party to attend.” He winked at you. You rolled your eyes at him to hide the hurt that would’ve been in them.

“Seriously Byunghee? You make me come to this thing and then-”

“I can take you home.” Howon smiled at you, moving closer so he could be heard over the music. You smiled at him. Byunghee eyed him suspiciously before looking between the two of you.

“Fine, have fun.” He winked at you again before heading towards the door with the model on his arm. You scoffed at him. You weren’t really in the mood to dance anymore.

“Howon-ssi, can you take me home? I’m really tired all of a sudden.” He nodded and led you out to his car. You gave him the directions back to your apartment complex. He walked you up to your door and smiled at you.

“Can I get your phone number so we can hang out sometime?” He blushed a little and was quiet as he spoke. You giggled a little and gave him your number. He promised to call you before turning to leave. You watched him go down the hall before opening your door to go inside. You leaned against the back of it and smiled for a moment.

Then you remembered Byunghee was off somewhere with that gorgeous model. You kicked your heels off and sighed. You went to the kitchen to pull out your ice cream again.

 

================================================================================

A/N: I'm finally back to updating after being super busy the past couple of weeks.

I hope you guys like this story so far.

Also, I don't really know Hoya's personality well, he was a suggestion from a reader. If I'm off base, I'm sorry :/