Something Different

Just Friends

When you got home from being out with Mi Rae most of the afternoon, you hurried around your apartment to get ready to see Howon. You weren’t really sure what you two would be doing yet, but he was meeting you at your place so you wanted it to be clean.

Just as you finished the living room and were about to start on the kitchen, someone was at your door. You panicked but realized it was too early for it to be Howon. You were about to open the door when Byunghee let himself in. You mentally cursed yourself for giving him a key. He smiled and kicked his shoes off before making his way inside.

“So can I tell you what happened now or… why are you cleaning so much?” Byunghee asked looking around your apartment.

“I don’t have time for you right now, I have to finish cleaning and change before Howon gets here.”

“Howon?”

“The guy that took me home last night when you ditched me for the model?” You asked impatiently.

“You’re seeing him again? Why?” Byunghee’s eyes focused on you as you bustled around trying to make the kitchen presentable.

“I don’t know Byunghee, maybe because I like him? Or maybe it’s just nice to make new friends that don’t ditch me at parties after inviting me.”

“Okay okay, I’m sorry I ditched you. I understand why you’re mad, but come on baby girl! That girl was gorgeous and-”

“Jung Byunghee!” You finally yelled as you were getting fed up of listening to him wanting to talk about this girl. “I don’t want to hear about anything that happened with that girl, okay?! I want to finish cleaning. I want to get changed into something pretty and I want to have a good time with a boy that actually cares about my feelings. Oh, and I want you to leave. Okay?!”

Byunghee stared at you with wide eyes and his mouth open. He didn’t seem to know how to respond with words so he just nodded. He went back to the door, put his shoes on and left. Part of you felt bad for yelling at him like that, but you wanted tonight to be fun, not to be thinking about the things Byunghee did with that girl.

You tried to shake it all from your mind as you finished cleaning up the kitchen. You completed the task quickly and then scurried to your bathroom to shower. You washed quickly and got dressed before doing your hair and make up. You smiled at yourself before going to the living room. You didn’t have to wait much longer before Howon arrived.

-------------------------------------

The evening went by faster than you wanted it to. After arriving, Howon looked tired from his long day, so you both decided to just stay in. He helped you with making pasta for dinner. Talking to him was remarkably easy. You had to admit, the more you talked to him, the more you liked him.

Following dinner, the two of you sat down to play silly games together. He was very good at these types of things you discovered. He wasn’t overly talkative, but the silence was comfortable. When it came time for Howon to leave, you walked him to the door and smiled as he turned back around to look at you.

“Thank you for calling me out tonight. I had a lot of fun with you. It’s nice to see someone outside of the idol world.” You couldn’t stop your smile from growing.

“I had fun too. We should see each other again sometime, I mean if you want-”

“I want to.” He laughed a bit at himself and shook his head at the floor, embarrassed. You found it adorable. While he was still looking down, you moved closer to him to kiss his cheek. He looked up at you, his eyes staring into yours as though he was searching for something. He waited a moment before clearing his throat. “I should go before manager calls looking for me. I’ll call you tomorrow, okay? And I’ll let you know when I have time off again.”

You waved goodbye to Howon. You leaned against the door after closing it and smiling to yourself. You were really starting to like him. You made your way to the kitchen to clean up from dinner. Upon finishing, you realized how late it was and decided to get ready for bed.

Before you made it very far however, someone was barging into your apartment. Byunghee stared at you, out of breath and a hard look set in his eyes. He slammed the door behind him and came up to kiss you before you could stop him. When he pulled back, he placed his forehead against yours, his eyes still closed.

“How could you say I don’t care about your feelings? Of course I care. I’m sorry I ditched you at that party. I’m sorry I only thought of myself after and didn’t ask if you made it home okay. I’m sorry for everything, but don’t be mad at me anymore. Please.” There was desperation in his voice, and before you could stop yourself, you nodded. Byunghee leaned down to capture your lips again.

“I didn’t apologize just to come do this, but I really need you tonight.” He leaned back to look at you. You could see how his eyes had changed. They weren’t drowned with lust like they usually were when he asked for this, there was hurt in them. You nodded again and led him to your bedroom.