I'm Keeping You, Forever

Just Friends

You sat curled up on the couch staring out the glass doors that led to the balcony. It had been raining most of the day. You had opened the door a bit to let the smell of it in. You held a cup of hot chocolate in your hands as you watched the rain falling. Music was playing softly from your computer which was on the coffee table next to you. One of Infinite’s songs came on and you smiled. As Howon’s voice came through the speakers, you pictured his face in your mind.

The front door opened and you turned to look at it. You smiled at the man that walked inside. “Welcome home Oppa,” you said happily. He returned the smile and came to sit with you. You shifted a bit so he could cuddle with you. His arms wrapped around you and he kissed your cheek. You could tell he was tired.

“You really like this song, don’t you? You play it a lot.”

You nodded, “It’s really good.”

“Do I need to worry that you like his singing more than mine?” Byunghee said softly, his voice playful.

“Of course not. I like your voice the best.” You snuggled into his chest, breathing in his familiar scent. It had been almost a year since you had broken up with Howon. After you and Byunghee had confessed to each other, you realized you couldn’t stay away from him. You still believed that you had loved Howon, just not enough. No matter what you did, you couldn’t run away from how much you loved Byunghee.

“Then why don’t you play my songs?” Byunghee pouted at you.

“Because your songs are too sad for a day like this.”

“But its rainy and cloudy. Shouldn’t today be the perfect day for those kinds of songs?” He asked curiously.

You shook your head. “This is more of a cleansing rain. Happier songs are necessary for this kind of rain.”

“Yes, great rain goddess. I will listen to your wisdom.” Byunghee teased. You shifted in his arms a little, pretending to be pulling away. His arms tightened around you and he chuckled. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“The rain goddess doesn’t like being teased,” you stuck your tongue out at him.

“You’re my rain goddess to tease though.” Again, his arms tightened around you. “Don’t think you can go anywhere, I’m keeping you, forever.” You smiled and hid your face in his chest. You were constantly surprised at how natural it felt to be like this with Byunghee. He had been sweet for years, but these kind of moments stood out to you more now.

“I’m keeping you too, don’t even try to get away from me.” He pulled away a bit to stare at your face. “I fall more in love with you every day. Sometimes I think I can’t possibly love you more than I already do, but it still happens.”

“Do you think it’ll still be like this in fifty years?” You asked softly.

“Yes. I’m sure I’ll love you so much more fifty years from now than I do at this moment, even if that is hard for me to understand.” You shifted, moving to kiss him gently.

“Jagiya,” he called quietly, one of his hands pulling away from you. You met his eyes and smiled. “I love you with all of my being. I’ve never loved anyone as much as I love you. Will you marry me?” He removed a small box from his pocket, opening it to reveal a small diamond ring.

You couldn’t speak for a moment, but somehow you managed to say, “Yes”. Byunghee slipped the ring onto your finger. He stared at your hand for a second before kissing you.

“Jagiya,” he purred, making you blush.

“Mmm?”

“Let’s go practice for our wedding night.” He scooped you up in his arms, and kicked the bedroom door closed behind the two of you.

--------------------------------------

You woke up the next morning and stretched before letting your body fall back against the bed. You turned to your left to see Byunghee still asleep. You shifted to cuddle against his chest and started tracing shapes into the hair on his chest with your fingers.

"You're awake already?" You heard his sleepy voice say. You looked up to smile at him and nodded. He chuckled a little and moved to get out of bed. He found his boxers that you had thrown across the room last night and put them on.

"Are you hungry?"

"No, not really."

"Okay, then I'm going to shower." He went into his closet to find some clothes.

"Oppa!" You called after him. His head came back around the corner and you ran over to kiss him. It was a long and passionate kiss. When you pulled back, you smiled at him. "I love you." You said softly.

"I love you too Jagiya."

========================================

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this series as much as I liked writing it. :)

Bonus points if you caught the tie back to the beginning ;)