Chapter 8: Still...

To the One Who Holds My Heart...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Taeyeon?”

I smiled at her as I hand her my handkerchief.

“You still cry like a little kid who lost her toy, Tiffany.”

I told her to somehow lessen the heavy atmosphere between us.

“W-why are you here?” she asked me. “What do people do inside a restaurant?” she’s just staring at me waiting for a ‘real answer’.

“Seriously, I came here to eat with Yuri, ‘till we heard your little face-off with Jessica.”

“Y-Yuri’s here? Where is she?”

“She followed Jessica.”

 

“… About what you heard earlier.”

“I don’t want you to expect anything from me Tiffany. And I’m sorry if I’m hurting you. Things are just… different now. That’s why I’m still trying to save the friendship we once had. I want at least that to stay the same.”

“I know… and I’m thankful for that Tae.”

“You don’t have to force yourself Tiffany.”

“I’m not. I’ll be fine. Just give me some time. You had two years, maybe give the same to me?”

Was that a joke? I saw her smile after she said that.

“I’m just kidding. Don’t worry it won’t take two years for me.”

It’ll take longer than that –Tiffany

She looks down.

“I’ll try to get over you fast.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yuri!”

She cried in my arms.

“Shh, I-I’m here.” I gently rubbed her back to soothe her. She grabs my arm so tight. She likes to do that whenever she’s sad or crying. She does that to gain some strength but of course leaving the victim with injured arm after.

“Yuri, I’m so sorry.” She continued to say in tears.

“Jessica, stop apologizing for now. Just calm down and rest for a while. You look so pale.” I told her worriedly.

Yes, worried. I may hate her for what she’s done to me but I’m still worried. I don’t want something to happen to her because of me. I was worried so I’ve decided to follow her. I know that this is a dumb idea but what can I do? My feet moved on their own.

 

Minutes later I felt her calm down. I broke the hug but she surprised me, she’s asleep! What should I do now?! I can’t leave her alone. Sheesh! This is bad. I tried to wake her up but as expected of Jessica, she totally passed out. That’s what two days straight of being awake could do to the sleeping princess. If I didn’t know her and her sleeping habit, I’d think she’s dead. “Jessica.” I shake her body but nothing. She must be really tired. ~sigh~ what now?

 

I leaned on the tree and let her lean on my shoulder. This isn’t comfortable at all. I feel like I’m cheating on Victoria though I’m just letting Jessica sleep on my shoulder, but my heart’s beating like crazy. It must be because I still feel something for her. We’re not doing anything but I feel guilty. I love Victoria, I mean I really really love her but my heart still can’t forget about Jessica, she successfully saved a corner of my heart for her and hers alone… she’s my first love after all.

“Seobang…” she whispered in her sleep and later she smiles. She doesn’t talk to her sleep; all that tiredness must’ve taken a toll on her. But in her condition, she can sleep the whole day and even more so I must think of something or someone!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~RESTAURANT~

 

 

Tiffany and I ate lunch together. We were silent the whole time. We really had nothing much to talk about so we just ate.

“I’m going then, bye Tae.” She told me.

“Yeah, be careful.” I said as I wave at her, then my phone rings.

“Yuri?” I answered her call.

“Yul, where are you? Huh? Jessica’s with you?!”

I looked after Tiffany, she’s about to enter her car when I ran after her. “What’s wrong?” she asked me. “Jessica.” I told her as I show her my phone. “Umm, Yuri’s the one calling you.” She said as she points at the screen which shows Yuri’s name as the caller. “Jessica’s with her and she’s completely passed out!”

“What?!”

 

 

We arrived at the park Yuri told us. We looked for her, she’s not around. We continued searching for her. She said they’re under a tree but there are so many trees here! Not to mention the people!

“Tae, my feet hurt…” Tiffany complained as she stops walking. We’ve been walking for 30 minutes now and it must be hard for her especially if she’s wearing heels. “Let’s rest for a while.” I led her to a bench near us. “Wait here,” I told her and left.

That thing must be around here somewhere, ah! There it is!

I went back to where I left her. I saw her taking off her heels.

 

 

 

~TIFFANY’S POV~

 

It hurts! Ouch! I looked at my feet and they are so sore! Aish! Why does Jessica have to sleep in this situation?! Jeez… I was deep in my thoughts and the pain I felt when something cold touched my cheek. An orange juice! Taeyeon gives me a can of orange juice. I drank it! I’m so tired and thirsty. I was busy quenching my thirst when I felt something warm grab my foot and pulled it up.

“Taeyeon, you don’t have to do that.” She’s massaging my foot. “You really love wearing those heels. Your height is already fine.” She told me. “Yeah… you should be the one wearing them… danshin.” She glares at me. “What? It’s true. And stop looking at me like that. I’ve had enough of Jessica.” I said as I drink again. “Tae, why not try calling Yuri? I don’t think we’ll find them easily.”

“I tried. She’s not picking up. Does it still hurt?” she asked as she looks worriedly at my foot. “Not that much.” I answered. She’s really good when it comes to this. She always massages me when we were together and even before that.

“Gyuri-ssi’s so lucky. You’re a total package.” I didn’t look at her as I said that. She didn’t answer me either.

After a few minutes. “Let’s continue. You fine already?”

“Yeah, let’s go.”

“No need.”

A voice behind us suddenly said. “Yul! How long have you been carrying Jessica?” Taeyeon asked. “Almost 5 minutes now. Let’s go, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter