Chapter 10

To the One Who Holds My Heart...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

"Are all the files ready for our meeting, Jessi?" Tiffany asked looking nervous. "Calm down, Tiff. Everything's been taken care of. Besides, it's just contract signing. They've already accepted our proposal." Jessica said calmly. They are now on their way to K Corporation. "I just want everything to be perfect and ready."

"Don't worry, Tiff. They are."

 

 

 

 

The car stops in front of a 50-storey building, a white with a shade of blue complex yet beautiful building. A lady with short hair and complete office attire around the age of mid 30's greeted them as they step off the car.

"Welcome, Ms. Hwang, Ms. Jung. I'm Mari Kanagawa, the secretary of both CEO's of K Corporation. Welcome to K Corporation. Allow me to show you the way." She said with a smile and her hand leading the two women to the entrance. As they enter the building they immediately noticed the spacious and modernized interior. There are employee’s walking everywhere and an aura of comfort can be felt inside.

"As you may know, this is the main headquarters of K Corporation and let me give you a trivia. One of our CEO's personally designed the whole building." Mari said proudly as they walk. "Wow" was all the two ladies' response. "Yes, Wow. In just a year since its establishment K Corporation already made its way to the top. It was all thanks to our great and hardworking CEO's. We handle primarily medical, construction, technology and entertainment business and all of them started on this place. Though we have managed to build establishments and branch offices all over Korea to support our businesses, everything still starts and ends up here."

They arrived in front of an elevator and Mari pressed the 45th floor.

"Your CEO's must be a couple of geniuses if they managed to do all these in just a year." Tiffany said.

"Yes they are. And we are very proud and grateful of them. I believe our area is different from that of HJ Empire so no competition will happen between us."

"Yes, gladly." Jessica said.

After a couple of minutes and more information from Mari regarding K Corporation, they arrived at the 45th floor.

"Well, here's our first stop."

"First stop?" Mari nods and smiles. "As I have said before this was personally designed by one of our CEO's so, some special additions were made." Mari leads them to a different looking elevator. Unlike the others with white doors this one is blue with the letter "K" on both sides engraved with golden color. "As you might have noticed this one is different. Aside from the fact that it is one of the CEO's favorite colors, this is the only elevator that leads to the 46th to the 50th floors. Those five floors are private. Only the CEO's and a few can have access to those floors and luckily you are one of them. The conference room where you'll meet our CEO's is on the 48th floor."

"Why can't the others have access on the top floors?" Tiffany asked. "Also, we did some research about your CEO's but we found nothing." Jessica said. "Of course. They uh... hmm, they are quite unique.” Mari said giggling. “You see, none of our regular employees have actually met them.”

“What?!”

“Haha! But our CEO’s are friends with everyone.”

“How?”

“Disguise. They actually wanted to be close to every employee like normal co-workers so yeah, they should not know who their boss really are.”

“But they’ll find out through this elevator.”

“Ah, that. Again, ‘personally designed’.” Mari said with a wink.

“Don’t tell us…” Tiffany didn’t continue as she gave Mari an ‘Are-you-kidding-me’ look.

“Yes?”

“Secret Passage?” Jessica continued. “Yeah, they’re a couple of dorky kids.” Mari said as she pressed the password for the elevator.

~RING~RING~

“Yes?” Mari answered her phone. “Okay, I will be there.” Mari faced the two ladies. “Ms. Hwang, Ms. Jung, can you please excuse me for a while? A problem seems to have occurred and my presence is needed. I will be back right away. Please make yourselves comfortable first.”

“Oh sure, go ahead.” Mari bows her head before she left.

 

The 45th floor is quite cozy and comfortable as there are couches around, some tables and even a food cabinet filled with desserts.

 

“Is this some sort of a receiving area?”

 

A view of Seoul is also available through the transparent wall of the building. Jessica is looking around when

“Jessi! Come here!” Tiffany called out to her. “What is it?”

“Look!”

Tiffany pointed at a seemingly opened part of the wall. “Should we go check?” Tiffany asked excitedly.

“I don’t think that’s- Yah! Miyoung!”

Tiffany didn’t let her finish as the woman enters the opening. The passage is quite wide, fitting two persons side by side. There’s a light along the way too and the wall is blue.

 

“Wow, one of them really loves blue. Just like how you are with pink.” Jessica said as they continue to walk. “Being in a place filled with blue makes me so thankful that I like pink.”

 

They just continued walking and walking until they ended up in a place that shows two ways.

“Which one? Left or right?” Jessica asked. “Let’s just go for the right.” And so they did.

They were walking when suddenly

 

“AHH!” they slide down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was busy on her phone when she suddenly heard faint sounds from somewhere. She turns her chair around and placed her phone in her pocket and faced the door. “What was that?” She reached for her telephone and pressed a button.

“What’s up Taeng?”

“Hey Yul, you heard that?”

“Heard what?”

“I don’t know, I heard something.”

“I heard nothing. Maybe your brain’s in a mess. We’ll be meeting them after all. Speaking of them, where the heck a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter