Chapter 5: Can we be friends?

To the One Who Holds My Heart...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

TAEYEON’S OFFICE

 

Taeyeon’s sitting lazily on her chair while playing with her pen. She looks disturbed. She turns her gaze to the window.

 

 

 

“Taetae!! Taetae! Look!” a little girl in a cute pink dress pointed to a cute little puppy across the street. She has a very cute eye smile. “Taetae let’s go to him.” she said.

“Ppani-ah, he’s across the street, it’s dangerous, there are- Pani-ah!” the little girl in pink runs and crossed the street despite little Taeyeon’s warning. Taeyeon hurriedly followed the girl.

Little Tiffany got safely to where the puppy is. Taeyeon’s panting heavily due to fear, nervousness and tiredness. “Pani-ah! That was dangerous!” she shouted. Tiffany just ignored her. “Look Taetae, he’s so cute!” she showed the puppy to Taeyeon. All anger in Taeyeon went away upon seeing Tiffany’s smile as she hugs the puppy. “I wanna take him home.”

“You can’t Pani-ah. Auntie hates dogs, right?”

“But-“

“Taeyeon! Tiffany!” the nursery school teacher called them. “Pani-ah, let’s go.”

“But Taetae, this puppy…”

“Pani-ah, we can’t take him with us. Let’s go now.”

“O-okay…”

 

 

 

It started to rain so hard. Taeyeon’s waiting for their driver to arrive. She’s just inside their classroom looking outside. “Pani-ah, look, it’s raining so hard.” she said. There’s no answer or sound so she looks behind her. “Pani-ah? Pani-ah?” She goes to Tiffany’s chair. Her things are still there. She noticed a paper on Tiffany’s desk. “Pani-ah…” it’s a drawing of a puppy between two girls. She hurriedly runs out.

 

Taeyeon keeps on looking around in the middle of the heavy rain. “Pani-ah! Pani-ah!” she calls out. She ended up in the park where she and Tiffany use to play. “Pani-ah! Tipfany!” she’s having a hard time pronouncing Tiffany’s name so ‘F’ always ends up as ‘P’. “Pani-ah!” she calls out again.

“Ruff! Ruff!” a faint bark came from under the slide. Taeyeon’s walking towards it when she noticed a pink bracelet on the ground.

~TIFFANY~

‘This was my gift to her on her birthday   -Taeyeon’

 

She walks towards the slide. She felt so relieved seeing the figure hiding under it hugging the puppy. The little girl is hiding her face in her knees but Taeyeon noticed her shoulder moving up and down. “Pani-ah? Tippani?”

‘Is she crying?’ she sits in front of the girls and taps her shoulder. The girl looks at her. Because of the rain she can’t determine whether the girl’s crying or not. “You got me worried Pani-ah.” She said. The girl’s expression changed. Her face turned sad and tears began to form on her eyes. She’s crying. She hurriedly hugs Taeyeon and the latter landed on her . The little puppy’s caught between their hug.

“Taetae! Mianhae Taetae!” the girl sobbed and sobbed. “Tippani, what’s wrong?”

“I-I was worried about Prince so I looked for him.”

“Prince?” Tiffany points at the puppy.

“But when I found him and we hid here… I noticed that I lost my bracelet! I lost your gift to me!” she keeps on crying. Taeyeon was left dumbfounded. The girl in front of her keeps on crying just because she lost the bracelet she gave her. It wasn’t even worth that much, though she stayed up all night just to make it but it wasn’t something to cry about. It was weird for little Taeyeon but a smile crept on her face.

“Shh” she wipes the tears on Tiffany’s face. “I-I wanted t-to l-look for it… b-but the r-rain.” Tiffany stuttered while hiccupping between her words. Taeyeon shakes her head and cups Tiffany’s face. “You made the right decision. Your safety is more important to me Pani-ah.” She pats Prince too. “Next time tell me where you’re going and don’t just leave like that. Don’t you know how worried I was?”

“Mianhae, Tae...” Taeyeon noticed that Tiffany’s shivering. It’s still raining too and there’s no sign that it will stop anytime soon so leaving their current place is a bad idea. She moved to Tiffany’s side and hugs her. Tiffany’s side is in front of her, Tiffany then leans on Taeyeon. “You’re such a good girl, Pani-ah.” Taeyeon felt Tiffany’s weight becoming heavier and her breathing went even. Tiffany fell asleep in Taeyeon’s embrace.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon slowly opens her eyes.

She opens a locked drawer near her. The key to that drawer is hidden carefully in her table. She then takes out a neat and beautiful blue box and opens it… ‘TIFFANY’ it’s the pink bracelet.

 

It’s been a week since the party. Gyuri’s been busy with her other appointments and her work with HJ will start next week so Taeyeon’s been alone most of the time. “Tiffany…” She whispered. Then her phone rings.

~UNKNOWN NUMBER~

 

“Hello?”

“…”

“Hello? Who is this?”

“…” there’s no answer. Taeyeon looks at the screen. It’s still connected.

“Hello?! You’re wasting my time!” she was about to hang up when someone comes into her mind. She bit her lower lip debating in her mind whether she should mention the name or not…

“Tiffany?” she said. “Tiffany, is this you? It’s you, right?” she heard someone breathe deeply.

“It is you… How did you get my number?”

“… Sunny.” At last the other line talked!

“Why did you call?”

“… I wanna talk to you”         

“There’s nothing more to talk about, Tiffany.”

“There are… please? You still remember right? Our park?” Taeyeon sighs. Should she go or not?

“… I’ll be there.” then Taeyeon ended the call. She massaged her temple then looks at Gyuri’s photo on her table.

“I’ll be back Gyuri.”

 

 

 

~PARK~

 

 

It’s the same park from Taeyeon’s memory. She saw a woman sitting on the swing, she’s looking down.

 

 

 

~TIFFANY’S POV~

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter