Chapter 9: YulVic

To the One Who Holds My Heart...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

2 years ago, still in US a week after the “break-up”

 

                Yuri’s sitting on a bench on the same park where everything happened. She’s at the place where she broke her heart and had her soul cry like there’s no tomorrow.

“Kwon Yuri, are you a masochist? Of all places, why choose hell?” she whispered as tears fall from her eyes. She looks up in the sky. “Why did my feet bring me here?” she asked. “Why am I still here even?” She was staring at nowhere when her phone beeps.

To: Yuri

From: Taengoo

                Where are you? I already bought our plane tickets we’re leaving tomorrow. I cannot stay here any longer. Don’t stay out so late, your English .

 

“~sigh~” she made a painful smile. “Once I leave I won’t be seeing you again.”

 

 

 

 

Yuri was on her way back to the hotel where she and Taeyeon are staying. Her mind is everywhere. They wanted to come home to Seoul a day after they found out that Jessica and Tiffany were no longer theirs but both of them were so lost and weak that no one made an effort to buy or reserve tickets for their flight home. They just wake up, eat outside or order room service, walk aimlessly, sleep and cry. That’s how their lives have been in that week. Both their phones were turned off and they just basically shut down. But Taeyeon’s coming back to her senses lately and has been the one taking care of everything like their tickets and Yuri’s thankful that she has Taeyeon with her, to be strong for the both of them.

She’s just looking down while walking. She bumps to some people from time to time, earning glares, push and even “flowery words” from those n hurry, but she doesn’t mind and just keeps on going.

“What the hell?”

She bumped with a man on a suit. He looks so mad because he spilled his coffee on his suit. Yuri’s still in a daze. She was about to walk again when the man grabs her shoulder. “You won’t even apologize?!”

“Sorry.” Yuri said with her English. “Be sincere you-“

“I apologize on her behalf. My friend’s not feeling well.” A hand removed the man’s hand from Yuri’s shoulder. Yuri turns to the woman. “I will pay for the damage done on your suit. Here’s my number. You can call me and we can talk about the payment.” The man suddenly turns soft. “No need. A simple apology would be enough.”

The woman turns to Yuri. “Just say sorry… sincerely.” She said in Korean. Yuri nods. “I’m terribly sorry. “ Yuri said bowing. “That’s not hard, isn’t it? Just be careful next time.” Then he left.

“Thank you.” Yuri told the woman. “No problem. But be careful next time.”

“I will thanks again.” Yuri bows and starts to walk.

After a few minutes, Yuri stops walking and turns around.

“Is there anything else?” she asked.

"What do you mean?” the same woman asked back.

“You’re following me. Look, I’ll be careful.” The woman giggles. “Babo, I’m not following you.”

“Fine.” Yuri turns and walks again. After a few steps, she stops.

“Seriously, what’s wrong?”

“What? I’M NOT FOLLOWING YOU! Jeez, we’re staying on the same hotel, Ms. Kwon Yuri.” The woman walks ahead. Yuri’s staring at the woman’s back. “How did she- Song, Ms. Victoria Song? Ah! Idiot!”

 

 

Victoria enters the elevator and pressed her floor button when

“Wait!”

Another person enters.

“T-thanks.” Victoria just nods her head, arms crossed. “Uh, s-sorry.” Yuri said.

“For what?”

“For earlier. For accusing you of following me.”

“No problem. It’s fine.”

“A-and thanks for helping me… twice.”

“No problem again.”

There was an awkward silence.

 

~DING~

 

Victoria walks out the elevator.

“Wait!” Yuri calls out. “S-sorry again.”

“Its fine, Yuri-ssi.”

“U-umm, if you don’t mind, uh, c-can I treat you for some coffee?” Victoria raised an eyebrow.

“Ah, i-it’s not what you’re thinking. Just a token of apology and thanks?” Victoria becomes quiet for a few minutes. “W-well, I-I’m going back to Korea tomorrow and I don’t want to leave US with a misunderstanding with someone so-"

“It’s fine, okay. Can we meet in fifteen minutes? At the lobby?”

“S-sure, fifteen minutes. I-I’ll see you.”

 

 

 

~YULTAE’S ROOM~

 

“Hey Yul, I bought some-”

“I’m back!” Yuri hurriedly enters her own room to change clothes and have some light make up to cover her pale face.

“Where are you going?”

“Coffee…”

“But I just bought some”

“Bye Taeng!”

“Yah!”

 

 

~LOBBY~

 

“H-hi” Yuri shyly greeted Victoria.

“Hey, so, where are we taking that coffee?”

“Um, actually…”

“~giggle~ you don’t know a good place?”

“J-Just been here for a week.”

“Oh, well let me take you to a nice place then.”

 

 

The two had an awkward silence between them along the way but it slowly disappeared as they spent more time together. Their coffee talk lasted for almost five hours. They only went back to the hotel when the café was closing.

“So, I hope to see you again” Victoria said as they stopped in front of her hotel room. “Me too.” Yuri answered. “I had a great time, Yuri-ssi.”

“Yuri-ssi?”

“Okay, okay. Yuri.”

“That’s better.”

“Good night.”

“G-good night.” Victoria enters her room.

Yuri heaved a sigh and was about to leave when

“Yuri”

“Hmm?”

~kiss~ “I’m going to Korea next week, call me.” Victoria whispered then she runs back inside her room, blushing.

Yuri touches her cheek. A smile slowly forms on her face. “I will, I will.”

 

 

 

 

~AFTER 6 MONTHS~

 

“Victoria-ssi, where is Gyuri-ssi? Shouldn’t you be together?”

“Are you here for a vacation?” Reporters asked. There are dozens of them gathered around her as soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter